Jeep Mods Special for your Dog

N8TVTXN

First Name
Raymona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport; Ordered a 2023 JLUR
We keep Cali and her ball to the rear which she loves. Though she would prefer the front seat, every time I open the rear she hops in and is ready to go. =)

Not a harness, though we also feel we all are safer with limited range of motion. The Dirty Dog divider fits our travel patterns well.
We had Safari Straps in my TJ for when we took the hard top off - Doggoe's loved it (not the divider between front & back tho. LOL) and we loved not worrying about them at stops or while driving. When/If my JLUR ever comes in - we'll get another set that covers sides, top and back. They worked out great.
Sponsored

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I built a plywood platform -resembles a bench- to fit between the front and rear seats. Gives the dogs a flat platform in the rear. I can store stuff below it as well.

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
I feel your pain. These guys are frequently crammed into the back of a Chevy Volt. Can’t wait for my Jeep.
Most of the time, she has plenty of room on her own, but the problems happen when I have to take my parents German Shepards into my car where the space becomes a bit tight... The Shepards are usually in the back with my girl in the front passenger seat usually... It's doable, but cramped!

Sponsored

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
Th

Then I definitely don't want to try it. I think Popeye's is garbage food. Lol. Literally would go to KFC before Popeye's but don't go to either.
If you like grease then I agree. Everything at KFC is loaded with heartburn inducing grease. Popeye's crushes them imo. Chic Fil is good but ridiculously overpriced. And I'm not a fan of the whole religious thing causing them to be closed on Sundays.
Anywhoo, some good pet tips here, I'll be watching for more.

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
C3 cargo cover, Weather tech pet ramp. And Rex specs for days that he hangs out the window, the top is off or both.
Already own the Rex specs cause my girl loves sticking her head out the window... though she refuses to wear them outside of the car, if I don't take them off for her, once she's out she is immediately trying to do it herself.... It's like she knows the use & value of them when we are in the car and refuses to wear them a moment longer!

Am interested in a pet ramp, mostly because I occasionally chauffeur a senior Shepard who needs her ass end lifted into the car cause she can't jump in on her own, even when getting into my tiny sedan!

Jlhens03

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
Already own the Rex specs cause my girl loves sticking her head out the window... though she refuses to wear them outside of the car, if I don't take them off for her, once she's out she is immediately trying to do it herself.... It's like she knows the use & value of them when we are in the car and refuses to wear them a moment longer!

Am interested in a pet ramp, mostly because I occasionally chauffeur a senior Shepard who needs her ass end lifted into the car cause she can't jump in on her own, even when getting into my tiny sedan!
Pet ramp works great at the rear of the Jeep. Will not fit the side doors as the opening is to small and miss shaped

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet ramp works great at the rear of the Jeep. Will not fit the side doors as the opening is to small and miss shaped
Did you just get yours from your local pet store or from amazon?

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Th

Then I definitely don't want to try it. I think Popeye's is garbage food. Lol. Literally would go to KFC before Popeye's but don't go to either.
I would contest Popeyes being better than Chic-Fil-A. The CFA spicy sammich hits just right, never had anything as good at Popeyes. And their waffle fries alone are worth a trip.

Edit: Though, it's a hard choice between Bojangles and CFA.

Unheard

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I second the chest harness, and get one with a tether long enough they can move back and forth across the back seat. Also, get a a lifetime supply of packing tape, or detailing brushes to get the fur out of the carpet.

With the roof down/open and doors down, or off there is a literal vortex of fur. You'll find it in every crease, and even in the window frame. Dewalt has a small, battery operated shop vac that's perfect for interior detailing. Easier to get into the jeep than the standard large shop vacs.
I found this to be the best thing ever for getting the interwoven dog hair out from the velcro like carpet.

Fur-Zoff
https://a.co/d/g1oMLWh

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Well, Chik-Fil-A is just a garbage company, so...🤷‍♂️

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I've got a Petstep that folds up and is super grippy. It tucks into the spare tire well when you open the back gate. My 13 YO GSD needs it these days.
Sponsored

Last edited: