Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Came for the dog mods but felt the need to share: We (Chick-fil-A) ARE in Canada and have plenty of plans to expand there.
I looked up the current locations available & open, and they is a grand total of 6, which are all in Ontario, whilst I live in BC. So pretty unlikely that I'm gonna be able to enjoy it locally here anytime soon. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Sponsored

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I looked up the current locations available & open, and they is a grand total of 6, which are all in Ontario, whilst I live in BC. So pretty unlikely that I'm gonna be able to enjoy it locally here anytime soon. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Heard on that; I don’t know exactly where you live obviously. I was more trying to get the point across that we’re expanding to new locations and the plan is to get in several areas of Canada.

~Blue392~

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 392
A chest harness with room to slide through a vehicle safety belt will always be top on the list.
I considered this a one point. The problem I saw was with more than one dog they would get tangled in the straps. My boys are constantly going from one side to the other checking the views and scents.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
A Sunshade - "Alien" in my case, is excellent for keeping the dogs cooler, with the hardtop on. Heat doesn't build up, and they can't do a "Jack in the Box" out through the opening.. Ditto for soft top users.

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The best dog-friendly “mod”
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog 1659535139714

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
The best dog-friendly “mod”
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog 1659535139714
Hahah, I plan on ripping out the carpets as soon as I have the budget to get a liner installed (currently looking at lizard skin). Also getting leather seats, which (hopefully) will help with the cleaning factor!

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
We keep Cali and her ball to the rear which she loves. Though she would prefer the front seat, every time I open the rear she hops in and is ready to go. =)

Not a harness, though we also feel we all are safer with limited range of motion. The Dirty Dog divider fits our travel patterns well.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog 3C759FDA-3680-4270-B1BE-F36AC8BDB655

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog EBC6BF7B-E25E-48DE-988A-DB068ED3CF2E
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog 68247007-9F9A-4671-A016-84B4CB77F94E

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
Haven't had the dog in the Jeep yet. Spent an hour cleaning out the back of my Ram after a 2 hour road trip and that was with leather seats and a seat cover. With how hot it is here and his slobber, I think I would have had to use a steam cleaning vacuum. Yuck. Even with the a/c going it takes him a while to cool down.

RugbyRef

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 392
@M_Pluto - I have two very large Newfoundland's that love to ride in the Jeep with me. This is the path I went to make sure they are secure...USA K9 Outfitters.

Oh...with regards to Chick-Fil-A...just look for the smallest parking lot on earth and they will be in one corner of it...;).

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
This cover can go up to the front seat headrests, or used with back seat up for the remaining cargo area, or like I do, seats folded and don't cover the back of the front seats. It's OOS, but like 30% less than I paid and it was worth every penny.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/smittybilt/gear-cargo-liner-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl-4-door

Tether that attaches in seat belt receiver to dog harness (I use the center, and with rear seats folded, paws do not release it).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X836SW9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

This, because I added another GSD to my family.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071HPFCDQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog 20220526_120525

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Popeyes is better, anyway.

Ellebelle

First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevy volt
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog 5B5C4B7E-7785-44C7-A8E6-BDED39755E8B
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog 5B5C4B7E-7785-44C7-A8E6-BDED39755E8B

Oh, I almost forgot. This is Savannah Hel.
She is one of the major reasons I ordered a jeep.... figured she would enjoy some extra space that a jeep would offer her over the backseat of my tiny sedan!
I feel your pain. These guys are frequently crammed into the back of a Chevy Volt. Can’t wait for my Jeep.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I second the chest harness, and get one with a tether long enough they can move back and forth across the back seat. Also, get a a lifetime supply of packing tape, or detailing brushes to get the fur out of the carpet.

With the roof down/open and doors down, or off there is a literal vortex of fur. You'll find it in every crease, and even in the window frame. Dewalt has a small, battery operated shop vac that's perfect for interior detailing. Easier to get into the jeep than the standard large shop vacs.
Sponsored