Sponsored

After waiting 110 days for my JL to show up, I took it for a swim!

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Thanks for details on the bumper! As a follow up (sorry to hijack your thread into a thread about your bumper!), did you compare to the FS-13? I’m having trouble understanding the differences between the 13 and the 15.

It looks like the 19 might be getting phased out, and I had been planning on that but yours looks so good that now I’m considering it :)
Only difference between the 13 and 15 that I can tell is that the 15 is smooth bodied. The 13 looks like it has more bulk and contours to the sides/face.

They are very similar though.

I am into the stubby's. The 19 looks like it's caught up between a stubby and a full width. Mid's look strange to me. But that's just my little old opinion.
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Only difference between the 13 and 15 that I can tell is that the 15 is smooth bodied. The 13 looks like it has more bulk and contours to the sides/face.

They are very similar though.

I am into the stubby's. The 19 looks like it's caught up between a stubby and a full width. Mid's look strange to me. But that's just my little old opinion.
Very helpful, thank you!

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The bumper is heavy - especially with my `100 pound winch. I used two buddies to hold it in place as I bolted it down.

It was easy, other than the weight, of course.

I don't have the LED lights - the fogs bolted right up with no problems. I believe the LED lights have a different bolt pattern than the standard halogens do, so they might be an issue. I am not entirely sure though.
Cool. Thanks.

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
For anyone tempted to try this with a manual: don't shift gears underwater if you can avoid it.
Thanks for mentioning that. I have a mt JLU and I've never driven a mt off-road, I appreciate this type of advice.

Sponsored

Horse1200s

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’d guess that it opens things up during the shift (exposing to water).
Is it not all sealed up and water tight? Outside of some sort of breather? I’m honestly not sure but it would seem ilogical to me if it weren’t. I’m a MT type of guy and would be a bit heartbroken if it were inferior to a slush box in that regard.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Is it not all sealed up and water tight? Outside of some sort of breather? I’m honestly not sure but it would seem ilogical to me if it weren’t. I’m a MT type of guy and would be a bit heartbroken if it were inferior to a slush box in that regard.
I can’t speak to that - honestly just speculation on my part.

Wouldn’t be surprised if AT and MT are equal in this regard - where you don’t want either to shift... but I’ll stop speculating now and let those more knowledgeable than me chime in :)

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I had the Mopar all weather mats installed. And had the drain plug in place in the mats themselves.

And yes, water got in from the drain port.

I removed the carpet under both seating areas. It all removes without removing anything else. There are perforated tear areas where you have to separate the carpet that wraps around certain things. You'll feel the perforation when you get there.

I have since just kept the drain plugs in the floor itself. And the mat's drain ports just sit on top.
Glad I saw this. I wondered how the carpet would come out without pulling the seat bolts. Maybe it’s in the manual. I should probably read that

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
Did you drain the axles after or do anything to reroute the air breathers?
The air breathers on my JL sport are at about 31in in height, thats part of where the 30" limit comes from from factory.