First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
That's the exact color and tire size for the Rubi I'm aiming to get. Only difference being 12.5 width. I prefer them tucked as much as practical. If there's no rubbing street/highway I may just leave it like that for a while until I know it's running dependable then a 1" body lift for off-road clearance and leaving that suspension stock other than possibly going to better Fox/King reservoir shocks assuming it improves trail performance. We don't have monster rocks by me. Are you experiencing any rubbing and doing what? Looks bad ass. :)

OP
OP

Georgehitch18

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 2500, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I planned on getting 37/12.50's but they weren't ready to ship and I figured worst case I'll put them on my truck. No rubbing in normal use, I also disconnected the sway bar and it was still good. However I hooked up a trailer and the rear tires rubbed, even with the rear plastic wheelhouse liners removed. But that won't be an issue when the lift is installed.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
That's the exact color and tire size for the Rubi I'm aiming to get. Only difference being 12.5 width. I prefer them tucked as much as practical. If there's no rubbing street/highway I may just leave it like that for a while until I know it's running dependable then a 1" body lift for off-road clearance and leaving that suspension stock other than possibly going to better Fox/King reservoir shocks assuming it improves trail performance. We don't have monster rocks by me. Are you experiencing any rubbing and doing what? Looks bad ass. :)
I love that look. I do a lot of highway driving and don’t want to sacrifice drive ability. Do you what’s the minimum lift to fit 37 on the Rubicon?

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I planned on getting 37/12.50's but they weren't ready to ship and I figured worst case I'll put them on my truck. No rubbing in normal use, I also disconnected the sway bar and it was still good. However I hooked up a trailer and the rear tires rubbed, even with the rear plastic wheelhouse liners removed. But that won't be an issue when the lift is installed.
Wouldn’t a 1” body lift solve the rub issues?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
D9B6181E-9C09-4B25-89D6-DA9C4801BE00.jpeg
FA6EEA2B-8D3D-4FD7-B85C-FD4AE5C78C61.jpeg
B7E85358-A989-4F6D-9B3F-80F4ACE57815.jpeg
6619234D-FD83-485A-9798-FDC2D109F89C.jpeg
E0A5C3DF-BD3A-4697-B3D1-684E1A407EC9.jpeg
RK lift is a month out but I couldn’t wait to slap on these 37/13.50’s

This is a -12 offset for those trying to decide
George what made you decide to go with the toyos and the 13.50 ? thats all i have run for 15 yrs. but now everyone is going with the copper stt pro. they say its the quietest mt tire on the road now. i do like the look and its about 10 lbs lighter in the same size in a 37 but i hate spending around 1700 for tires not knowing how long the will last . are you just a toyo fan like i am?

OP
OP

Georgehitch18

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
George what made you decide to go with the toyos and the 13.50 ? thats all i have run for 15 yrs. but now everyone is going with the copper stt pro. they say its the quietest mt tire on the road now. i do like the look and its about 10 lbs lighter in the same size in a 37 but i hate spending around 1700 for tires not knowing how long the will last . are you just a toyo fan like i am?
I love Toyo M/T's! I have no experience running the Cooper's

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I love Toyo M/T's! I have no experience running the Cooper's
Exact same reason I'm a little lenient to go with the Coopers. I know everyone's running them and I know they're cheaper and I don't know if that's the reason why they are. They're about $80 a tire cheaper and they're 10 pounds lighter where's that weight difference at 10 lb a tire ? Is it in the rubber or the belts got to be somewhere. I may just go with the Toyos. I know that tire will last a long time and it's really quiet in my experience with them has been great. Don't really want to spend about $1,800 on 5 tires not knowing what I'm going to get accept what people say

OP
OP

Georgehitch18

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you know you love the Toyo M/T why risk buying something you hate? You know what to do!

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
If you know you love the Toyo M/T why risk buying something you hate? You know what to do!
I was just taking a look at the Cooper stt and asking questions wondering why so many people are going with it. I've heard and read what they said. Being that is 10 pounds lighter and everyone's running it, it was worth taking a look and asking about it

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No spare on the back, so it has a little more rake.

20180731_125747.jpg

20180731_124424.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
No spare on the back, so it has a little more rake.

20180731_125747.jpg

20180731_124424.jpg
Looks good I've decided to go with Nitto Ridge Grapplers next week when I do my lift. Now after driving my JL for 2 weeks with these KO2s and it being so quiet doing 80 mph and didnt even realize I was going that fast. Kind of nice to be quiet and not hear that roar after 40 something years. even though the Cooper stt is pretty quiet for a mt even my wife and daughter has said please don't put another mud tire we're tired of the noise. LOL. I guess I realize what everyone's been saying the Nitto Ridge Grappler is pretty aggressive looking and actually gives you two side walls to choose from and it's pretty quiet and still looks pretty good so I'm going with that tire 37 12-5-17 . I was hoping I could drive it for a couple days after I put the tires on before I can get to the shop for the lift. I guess I can because yours has the tires without the lift right now. Does it rub very bad without the lift ?

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks good I've decided to go with Nitto Ridge Grapplers next week when I do my lift. Now after driving my JL for 2 weeks with these KO2s and it being so quiet doing 80 mph and didnt even realize I was going that fast. Kind of nice to be quiet and not hear that roar after 40 something years. even though the Cooper stt is pretty quiet for a mt even my wife and daughter has said please don't put another mud tire we're tired of the noise. LOL. I guess I realize what everyone's been saying the Nitto Ridge Grappler is pretty aggressive looking and actually gives you two side walls to choose from and it's pretty quiet and still looks pretty good so I'm going with that tire 37 12-5-17 . I was hoping I could drive it for a couple days after I put the tires on before I can get to the shop for the lift. I guess I can because yours has the tires without the lift right now. Does it rub very bad without the lift ?
These things are so quiet! I have stt pros on my truck and they are fairly quiet for a mud tire, but the ridge grapplers sound no louder than the stock ko2s. Very impressed. It's a heavy tire, so be ready for that. I will probably regear in the future, but not too pressing right now. As for rubbing - Only had them for a day, but no rubbing in daily driving. I'll be putting the lift on in a couple weeks and until then, will be driving as is.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I wonder if the SST Pros are quieter than the Toyo MTs ? I had the Toyos MTs before on my F-250 and they were so quiet until they get about halfway like most mud tires then they get loud. Everyone says stt is the quietest MT tire out there right now. That's why I almost went with it. But like I said I'm just want that quiet Tire now after this ko2 for 2 weeks. I almost went with this ko2 it's not bad looking tire. It's more aggressive on the side wall then the old BFG all-terrain and it looks good but that Ridge Grappler looks like a MT from the side wall and the fact you can change from two side walls us really cool. II can' believe they can make a tire where you can choose and still make it balance. That's a lot of technology into that tire. Glad to know I can drive around at least one or two days without it rubbing on normal driving will keep updated with photos when I'm done
Sponsored