Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
I searched, hope I didn't miss the answer floating in these forums

When you do an oil change, regular maintenance, etc., yourself is there anywhere to update Jeep/Dealer about the service you did on your own, or do you just keep records and receipts that can be provided if you need warranty work done?

Thanks in advance,

webwbr
Sponsored

vetygud

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys 2 door Sarge, 2018 Silverado LTZ
Occupation
Retired LEO
You can enter your own maintenance records in “My Jeep” or “My Mopar” app.

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
This is a good question. Also while the topic has been raised, do they require specific oil change intervals in order to maintain the warranty? I have a Hellcat and Stellantis requires it every 6 months regardless of miles.

Sponsored

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
See Post #2. I do all my own Oil, Tires, filters etc. Log everything in the app.
My 21 has never been to the dealer for anything.

G.

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
This is a good question. Also while the topic has been raised, do they require specific oil change intervals in order to maintain the warranty? I have a Hellcat and Stellantis requires it every 6 months regardless of miles.
I believe it is yearly or 10k miles, whichever comes first. That is one of the reasons we did not get a Scat Pack, that stupid oil change interval. Ours would have sat a lot of the year. This was when gas was cheap too.

I keep a spreadsheet as well as digital and hard copies of my oil and filter receipts.

OP
OP
webwbr

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
I believe it is yearly or 10k miles, whichever comes first. That is one of the reasons we did not get a Scat Pack, that stupid oil change interval. Ours would have sat a lot of the year. This was when gas was cheap too.

I keep a spreadsheet as well as digital and hard copies of my oil and filter receipts.
My google searches shows every 7,500-10,000 miles for fully synthetic oils, but I don't see a mention of time duration... however 7,500 would be the minimum I'd drive a year so it will happen 1x/year regardless.

Thanks everyone... found the place on the app to enter this and I'm updating now.

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
My google searches shows every 7,500-10,000 miles for fully synthetic oils, but I don't see a mention of time duration... however 7,500 would be the minimum I'd drive a year so it will happen 1x/year regardless.

Thanks everyone... found the place on the app to enter this and I'm updating now.
7500 is near the beginning of the advantage of using synthetic but I have changed for a number of years at 8500. I rarely drive more than that in a year but just can't do 10k mile oil changes even after being an Amsoil "salesman" for a number of years. I use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum because my Ram requires a specific spec Mobil 1 doesn't meet but the Jeep has slightly different verbiage in the owners manual which says equivalent oils to the Mopar spec can be used. I bought Mobil for the Jeep but PUP has proven to be a very good oil along with Fram Ultra synthetic filters. Never thought I would hear those words, especially together, Fram and Pennzoil being great products. I would stay away from Fram's basic filters however.

Once you are out of warranty you can go by miles instead of the yearly figure but some will argue against it. If you own a hobbyist vehicle which sees maybe 1000 miles a year but has synthetic in it, the yearly argument is really dumb.

Sponsored

DogsRule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JL
I taped the barcode off each bottle and carton to a paper with the receipt. IMO It helps prove you actually put it in.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Tengg2001, Nope, nothing. Mine's a 21 Willys with the 7" system. Apple carplay, all USB, screen, camera, ALL work perfectly. Never an issue with anything. We have to realize that weather it's Jeeps, Tacoma's, Bronco's or anything else, you are mostly going to hear about all the stuff that is wrong on these forums. Further, a very small percentage of total owners participate on the forums.

Loving my Wrangler WAY more that my 16 years in Tacoma's.

G.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I searched, hope I didn't miss the answer floating in these forums

When you do an oil change, regular maintenance, etc., yourself is there anywhere to update Jeep/Dealer about the service you did on your own, or do you just keep records and receipts that can be provided if you need warranty work done?

Thanks in advance,

webwbr
I do my oil and filter every 7500 miles and rotate the tires every second oil change. I log all my work on the "UConnect" app on my phone to track the service. I have about 30k on my Jeep and I changed the air filter and cabin filter every 15K miles.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
not even software/firmware update?
I have a 2021 and have only taken it in once for a firmware update on the head unit which didn't fix anything of course.

I replaced my own batteries chasing down ESS issues as well. Some things are just not worth hassling with under warranty. I'd rather just fix cheaper stuff myself than waste multiple days humping back and forth to dealer, being told "can't reproduce", etc.

I do my own oil changes/tire rotations as well. Just easier to do it myself and I know it was done right, 5 quarts replaced, tires rotated the way I want. I will never use the free Jeep Wave services either.
Sponsored