Sponsored

Jeeps in Alorton Hell Jail... (The New Marion)

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
This was sent from my Salesman that he received from the regional manager:

Subject: In-Transit Delays - Wranglers Especially!!!

There have been several questions about the timing of units being delivered so I have provided the below information to help. The 2 biggest takeaways’ are that this is an industry wide problem, not just an FCA problem and only 60% of the requested railcars have been provided YTD. Also, to give you a peek under the tent, the nation has about 1500 Wranglers in a holding facility in Ohio – these are being shipped out by trucks due to the railcar situation and only 60-75 of them are being shipped out a day. Therefore most of our Wranglers (sold orders and stock) are delayed considerably. We are sorry for the issues these are causing, especially on sold orders, but not much can be done to move these until the railcar issue is fixed.

Factors influencing performance issues

• Shared pool of railcars across all OEM’s
• Demand is highest in Q1 and there are currently 3.5 times the average amount of units that need to be shipped
• Congestion on lines due to healthy economic conditions
• Political unrest in Mexico (protests on rail tracks)
• Positive Train Control implementation
• Winter conditions and storms
• Percentage under load at historical highs (~65%) due to slower transit times
• Estimated recovery is mid-July to normal conditions

Please let your customers know that delivery times have been affected when placing sold orders. I would quote a minimum of 10 weeks.
I really like how they are not owning any responsibilty...it does not take 3+ mos to build & deliver a wrangler to a US based customer. Regardless of the having 8x the normal implemented shared mexican winter unrest.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I really like how they are not owning any responsibilty...it does not take 3+ mos to build & deliver a wrangler to a US based customer. Regardless of the having 8x the normal implemented shared mexican winter unrest.
And what’s funny is that this delay isn’t affecting everyone because clearly there are still many that are getting delivered in 4-6 weeks. It’s the fact that they’re :asshat: at prioritizing orders and have no logic to the way they move older orders versus new orders.

drfeli

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Got our today ....tracking still shows gate out Alorton.
C63D19B2-D47E-42AA-86B2-7FAC330919C6.jpeg

Sponsored

JeEPdoc

First Name
JeEPdoc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Day 93!
I'm stuck in Fostoria OH since 3/29. Ordered 2/13. JLUR with everything but smokers and matching fenders.

Not sure how Smartazz keeps it together. If it doesn't come by this weekend won't be able to pick it up till June.:(

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Day 93!
I'm stuck in Fostoria OH since 3/29. Ordered 2/13. JLUR with everything but smokers and matching fenders.

Not sure how Smartazz keeps it together. If it doesn't come by this weekend won't be able to pick it up till June.:(
That’s awful. Well, I’m keeping it together by thinking of the end game. I’m really hoping you get yours in time to enjoy it :)

Sponsored

drfeli

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon