Sponsored

Suspension Advice for JLUR XR

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
Explore the Gladiator Rubicon Fox shocks.

They completely transformed my ride compared to red Rubicon shocks. They are ‘’valved’’ much smoother. Combined with 32 psi and washboard dirt roads arent the same.
You mean stock Gladiator Rubi shocks? Interesting.
Edit: Just saw you said Fox. Still interesting lol.
Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
You mean stock Gladiator Rubi shocks? Interesting.
Edit: Just saw you said Fox. Still interesting lol.
Yes, Gladiator Rubi shock are fox shocks. But not the same as the 2’’ lift, much smoother than that too.

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
Yes, Gladiator Rubi shock are fox shocks. But not the same as the 2’’ lift, much smoother than that too.
So from a non XR Gladiator Rubicon. Do they even make XR Gladiators (or the equivalent)? They'll work on an XR? Sorry for the questions, never too old to learn.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Your caster must have been less than 4 stock then. Hard to understand why they don't use those LCA's from the factory. I've heard that too, but also that the regular Rubicon Fox shocks are junk too. My 392 rides better than my Rubicon did. Handling seems similar.
Regular Rubicon does NOT have Fox shocks, neither do any of the XR packages incl 392.

Only regular 392 has Fox 2.0 monotube shocks from the factory.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Any Gladiator rear shock is probably too long and probably different eyelet spacers to mount onto a Wrangler properly.

Sponsored

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Coming from a JK Sport with a frankenlift, I'm pretty sure I'll think my JLUR-XR (currently on order) drives like a freaking dream on the back roads when it finally arrives lol.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
Regular Rubicon does NOT have Fox shocks, neither do any of the XR packages incl 392.

Only regular 392 has Fox 2.0 monotube shocks from the factory.
Sorry I omitted the "392" regular Rubicon in my statement.

Reactions: LCW
OP
OP
kilian73

kilian73

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR (ordered 11/4)
Are you getting tramlining? When the tires follow the cracks in the road...
I don't think that's the issue at all. It just bounces hard to one side or the other sometimes on back roads. It's smooth as can be on regular roads. I think I am going to slap some shocks on to see if that helps.

OP
OP
kilian73

kilian73

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR (ordered 11/4)

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
So from a non XR Gladiator Rubicon. Do they even make XR Gladiators (or the equivalent)? They'll work on an XR? Sorry for the questions, never too old to learn.
Zero need to appologize, you don’t know you don’t know…. Yeah XR or not, they would fit and provide a much smoother ride. The only culprit is you need to change the upper rear shock mounts with JL ones.

Capt. Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Tide
Occupation
US Merchant Marine Master, 100T
Vehicle Showcase
35 PSI. I had thought higher tire pressure would make it bounce more.
I have found in my JLUHTXR that 30 psi is the sweet spot for on-road for the 35s. AEV recommends 30 psi for 35s with their lift kits for street use and I tend to trust those folks. I run 18-20 psi off-road. 37 psi per factory recommendations really does not work on-road and those over-inflated stiff sidewalls at 37 psi are terrible off-road for the 35s, unless you like on-road or off to feel your bump-stops all the time, like to be hard on your tires and suspension, like a flighty feel in your steering and a rough ride. And I have not been able to measure a difference in fuel mileage over 200 miles on the same loop between 30 psi and 37 psi in the BFG All-Terrain 315/70R17 34.5" tires at speeds principally at 60 mph. I keep thinking that there must be some difference but I can't measure it. Traffic and weather have a bigger impact. Try your JLURXR at 30 psi cold for a week and see what you think. At your 35 psi my input is that you are still too high and there is a better suspended and steering Jeep JLURXR for you to discover and enjoy at 30 psi. Let those 35s do their job.

TamTam

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Earl Grey JLURXR
Occupation
Medically retired
Hey, so I have been driving my XR for 3k miles or so now. My wife and I absolutely love it (we have both always wanted a wrangler). The only thing I would like to improve is its driveability and handling on back roads. It can be pretty wild on back roads, seeming to jump/bounce back and forth a good bit. I have already replaced the LCA's with the longer ones from the 2" lift kit, which helped with tracking. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_3652.JPG
I have a 2023 Rubicon XR that I switched out the tires to 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers and the wheels to ICON Rebound Pro Wheels. I run my tires around 29-32 max psi and I don’t have any issues with it bouncing around including on backroads. I’d suggest lowering your psi and trying it for awhile before unloading a lot of money on other expensive options. Just a suggestion for you.
Also keep in mind like someone else suggested; it’s a Jeep and it will ride like a Jeep, though you can find a happy medium 😉.

Best of luck to you!

~TamTam

E0F8CD05-D714-4F42-B6C7-361D5CE28AB2.jpeg
Sponsored