Sponsored

Things you have learned the Hard way about owning a Jeep.

camo4stealth

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R 1250RS-'20, BMW R 1250GS-'20, Ducati 950SS
Occupation
Taxpayer
I learned after buying my Jeep that I would have to wait a little while before buying a '22 BMW R-1250RT

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Oh yeah! When it comes to coverage, less is more! That is true of all Jeeps! 😉

I actually just picked up a pair of tube doors yesterday! Can’t wait to get those regular doors off! But it is only 6 degrees here today… so probably not for a couple more months. You know how cold temps affect it… 😂
Shrinkage. Best episode ever!

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
So you're the one causing all the cracked windshields 3 threads over? 😎🗽☕
I have thrown a bunch of mud on the cars around me... but never cracked a windshield! (Running to find some wood)....

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I've learned that after drilling the 1st hole in my Wrangler, all following holes don't hurt my soul as much. Currently at 16 holes in my JLUD for various reason. Bout to be closer to 40 holes drilled in the next 2 months thanks to my two current Projects.

I've learned that some parts don't work with Diesel Wrangler's, and other parts for Diesel Wrangler's just plain don't exist.

I've learned that with my current Mods and amount of Off-roading I've actually done in the last 7 months of ownership, I should have saved $2000 and bought a Sport Unlimited Diesel instead of a Willys Sport Unlimited Diesel.

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
I learned the hard way that Jeep was lazy and designed their transmission/tcase skid for the TJ to also be the crossmember support.
I'm glad I didn't get injured when that design element fell prey to gravity.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
'The quality goes in, after the name goes on', that's my lesson on my Jeep.
This is a play on an old slogan for the Zenith electronics company long ago is likely not known to anyone under about 50 years old.

It seems that this diehard community of many DIY owners has to fix their Jeep into a reliable vehicle. I know I did. All part of being a Jeep owner.

Sponsored

jeninchicago

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited
I learned the hard way that ordering a custom Jeep is a complete cluster%**+^#. Seeing orders built in days after the order is made while I’m sitting at almost 5 months with no movement really is soul crushing.

I’m not sure if I’ll ever get my Jeep. I’m certainly not excited any more. This was my dream purchase and it’s been completely ruined by the build process.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
This is a play on an old slogan for the Zenith electronics company long ago is likely not known to anyone under about 50 years old.

It seems that this diehard community of many DIY owners has to fix their Jeep into a reliable vehicle. I know I did. All part of being a Jeep owner.
Just beat the weakness out of your jeep. It will show you where Jeep cut corners.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I learned the hard way that ordering a custom Jeep is a complete cluster%**+^#. Seeing orders built in days after the order is made while I’m sitting at almost 5 months with no movement really is soul crushing.

I’m not sure if I’ll ever get my Jeep. I’m certainly not excited any more. This was my dream purchase and it’s been completely ruined by the build process.
Once you get to drive around with the tops off you'll forget about how long it took to get. I love my Wrangler and am glad I got what I wanted instead of a lot leftover.

QuietChaos

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JGCL

Do you have a build or ship date yet? When did you order? I ordered a 23 Willys 7/12 and do not have a VIN or build date but others that ordered after me already do. :/

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

The only thing I had to fix on my Jeep was the shitty batteries; I replaced them with two aftermarket ones. That’s it.

Oh, and I had the steering box TSB done. I had to try two different dealers because the first one refused to do the work.

Oh, and the head unit randomly flashes the screen.

Oh, and now whenever I shift into reverse one of my backup sensors starts beeping for no reason.

Other than that, the Jeep has been totally trouble-free...
Sponsored