Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Just installed these this afternoon...

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! tempImageze1BQX

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! tempImagebw5XaA

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! image0 (3)

Sponsored

jriggsaz

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If someone wanted to power the Amber back light with a DRL, fog light circuit or another switch, you can run the Amber circuit through a Normally Closed relay that will kill power to the Amber back light when you turn on the White light. Just have the relay energized by the White light circuit. So if you turn on the White light, it will kill power to the Amber light. Then they wont be on at the same time. Or remember to turn off the Amber before turning on the White Light, Or use the KC switch that already does that.
Has anyone used the marker lights to power the amber backlights? This would mean that they were only on when the headlights were on, as opposed to tapping into F52 which would power the backlights anytime the Jeep is running.

Thanks!

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Has anyone used the marker lights to power the amber backlights? This would mean that they were only on when the headlights were on, as opposed to tapping into F52 which would power the backlights anytime the Jeep is running.

Thanks!
I haven't heard of anyone doing this, but might be worth a try!

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I used my KC Apollo spotlights the other night when I was patching up my siding after dark - they were amazing!

jriggsaz

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I haven't heard of anyone doing this, but might be worth a try!
To connect the amber backlights on my KC Flex Era 4's I used a plug and play harness from Quadratec (PN 97109-0925 ). It's a bit pricey at $30 but it gives you the ability to tap into either the DRL or marker light circuit without cutting into the factory wiring which is important given how sensitive these CANBUS systems can be.

I also ran these amber backlights through a NC relay which is triggered open by the white/main LED's on the FE4's which ensures that the ambers are off when the main lights are on. I've documented most of this on my IG page (listed under my name).

DM me if you have any questions.

Sponsored

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I used my KC Apollo spotlights the other night when I was patching up my siding after dark - they were amazing!

Definitely helpful, not just offroad. Used mine to check on the goats.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 1658027037585
Always good to see the versatility of the lights. Nice job, thanks for sharing!

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
To connect the amber backlights on my KC Flex Era 4's I used a plug and play harness from Quadratec (PN 97109-0925 ). It's a bit pricey at $30 but it gives you the ability to tap into either the DRL or marker light circuit without cutting into the factory wiring which is important given how sensitive these CANBUS systems can be.

I also ran these amber backlights through a NC relay which is triggered open by the white/main LED's on the FE4's which ensures that the ambers are off when the main lights are on. I've documented most of this on my IG page (listed under my name).

DM me if you have any questions.
Awesome job. I will definitely check this out. Thank you.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Love the slimleds.

E94E4C5D-61CC-4779-BCBE-716F2D0AA3A0.jpeg
47C64B29-58D7-406F-992B-87CF522FF4D9.jpeg
I wanted to mount mine on the bumper as you did but my issue with the KC's is the wiring. I would prefer a plug into the back of the light and not a short pigtail to connect to remaining wires. The wire connectors end up on the brushbar and not at the rear of the light or buried in the bumper where they belong. For that reason I moved them to the A pillars. Would put a set on the brushbar as well if they had different wiring set-up.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 0517202001_HDR

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 0503201514

Last edited:

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I wanted to mount mine on the bumper as you did but my issue with the KC's is the wiring. I would prefer a plug into the back of the light and not a short pigtail to connect to remaining wires. The wire connectors end up on the brushbar and not at the rear of the light or buried in the bumper where they belong. For that reason I moved them to the A pillars. Would put a set on the brushbar as well if they had different wiring set-up.

Looks really good with this set up. I will pass your concerns over to our engineering department. We appreciate feed back so we can improve in the future.

Cyber_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
For those who have the LED SlimLites, how broad is the beam? Is it super spotty, or is it wider than the built in LED high beams?

I went off-roading at night for the first time and I found the high beams lacking. The low beams were great, but the high beams only worked if the road was perfectly straight. If there was any bend in the road I would just see blackness until I got close enough for the low beams to light up the curve.

Do you think the SlimLites would be too spotty to fill in the sides of my high beams? I don't really need something to shoot light a mile down the road, but I would like something that would be wider than my high beams. The price, color temperature, and overall brightness of the SlimLites stand out to me, but I'm not sure if it would fulfill my needs.
Sponsored