Sponsored

Annoyed With First Wrangler. Mulitple Codes at Delivery. UPDATE* Got Jeep Back

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Bought my first new Wrangler, JLU Rubicon, on Friday 5/11. Dealer had to drive it in from a different dealer across town. As I get there for delivery, salesman tells me the ESS Light is displaying on the dash. I ask if it's driveable and they say yes so I leave with it. On the way home, not 5 minutes from the dealer, the dash displays "Service 4wd System" and then "Swaybar Disconnect Unavailable". Those two messages go away, but the ESS Light stays on.

So I drop it off Monday, 5/14, and they still have it today with no expected pick-up.

How does this happen in a brand new jeep that was literally taken off the train, transported to dealer, inspected, and driven across town?

My Jeep has been at the dealer for service nearly longer than I've owned it. I almost say I regret buying it, but that's really just frustration speaking. I just want my damn Jeep back.

@JeepCares Anything you can do to help?

UPDATE:

Got my jeep back today, 5/18.

"BACK UP CAMERA NOT WORKING
FAULT CODES P082F AND P082C"

"FLOW CHART RESULTS INDICATED OPEN CKT AT GEAR POSITION SENSOR SIGNAL. ABLE TO ISOLATE OPEN TO CKT T127, TRACE WIRE TO CONNECTOR XY231C AND FOUND LOOSE CONNECTION AT CONNECTOR, CONNECTOR NOT FULLY SEATED RESULTING IN CONCERN."

"R&R RIGHT FRONT WHEEL WELL LINER TO GAIN ACCESS TO CONNECTOR XY231C AND SECURE CONNECTION. CLEARED CODES AND VERIFY OPERATION OF BACKUP CAMERA, STOP/START OPERATION AND 4WD SYSTEM."

Man, what a world we live in. Glad to have my Jeep back.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
safety_glasses

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Honestly, I would've never accepted it. Not much you can do now unfortunately. Good luck.
Yeah, you're right. That's what I get for being so impatient.

Wow. You had a check engine light before you took possession of the vehicle?

That's a new record!
Yeah. I just don't understand how that happens, lol... honestly.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Yeah, you're right. That's what I get for being so impatient.

Yeah. I just don't understand how that happens, lol... honestly.
Anything's possible in the world of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

I test drove a 2016 JKU that had 200 miles on the clock... and a check engine light.

Best of luck with yours.

Sponsored

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
See it all the time. Most the time something isn't plugged in or the connectors aren't fully seated.

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Yeah I'm fully suspecting this, but why it's taking them more than 3 days to fine/resolve is what bothers me.
Have they even looked at it? Seems like a jeep just delivered would be pushed through quickly, that's how most places would handle it.

OP
OP
safety_glasses

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Have they even looked at it? Seems like a jeep just delivered would be pushed through quickly, that's how most places would handle it.
As of this evening, this is the e-mail I received from the service advisor:

"This is Sam,

We are looking at your 2018 jeep wrangler, it will not be ready tonight I will keep e-mailing you and send updates with Ronnie (salesman).

If you would like to speak to me please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx".

That's a pretty damn useless "update" if you ask me. Thanks for taking the time to tell me nothing.

I called the service dept at 4:30pm, asked for my advisor and person who answered came back and said "can I take down your number I'm going to have to look into this for you." I gave him my number and was annoyed by 5:30 when I hadn't heard back so I called again to ask for the service manager. Another person answered, he asked if he could take my number and I said no because I was already awaiting a call back that never came, so he insisted he would hand-walk my number to the service manager as soon as he got out of his meeting.

Needless to say, i never heard back. I'm so annoyed in general. I actually go out of my way to this dealer for the salesman, but seeing as I have a FCA dealer literally 5 minutes from my house I think I'll be taking it there for service from here on out.

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
They haven't looked at it if that's the responses you have gotten.

Call Jeep customer help line, have your Vin #. 1-877-426-5337 and blow up that dealer.

It's one thing to be honest and another to bull shit you.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport

Call Jeep customer help line, have your Vin #. 1-877-426-5337 and blow up that dealer.

You have Good Honesty , @LABLUE ; I've always appreciated reading your posts .

OP
OP
safety_glasses

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Pending an update today, I will do just that.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have learned the hard way to never put your name on the dotted line until it’s right, I hate to beat on FCA but I had a 2018 Compass that was pretty loaded but seemed everytime I turned around a new problem popped up and the dealer as in service was no help just kept feeding me lines of BS so I took my lumps and more than likely lost $$$ but sold it for a 2018 Wrangler and went over everything that I knew to check and there were a few small things and the sales guy told me service would take care of it so I could just sign my name and I told him call me when it’s all fxed and they had all items addressed the same day... I wish you the best in getting this resolved but sometimes it’s better to just cut you losses and do something different but hopefully they get it resolved,

OP
OP
safety_glasses

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have learned the hard way to never put your name on the dotted line until it’s right, I hate to beat on FCA but I had a 2018 Compass that was pretty loaded but seemed everytime I turned around a new problem popped up and the dealer as in service was no help just kept feeding me lines of BS so I took my lumps and more than likely lost $$$ but sold it for a 2018 Wrangler and went over everything that I knew to check and there were a few small things and the sales guy told me service would take care of it so I could just sign my name and I told him call me when it’s all fxed and they had all items addressed the same day... I wish you the best in getting this resolved but sometimes it’s better to just cut you losses and do something different but hopefully they get it resolved,
Yeah you're absolutely right. My impatience won, and now I'm paying the price. If I had told them to fix it before I signed, then I'm sure they would have expedited it. Live and learn....

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah you're absolutely right. My impatience won, and now I'm paying the price. If I had told them to fix it before I signed, then I'm sure they would have expedited it. Live and learn....
It’s all good my friend, I to learned with my Jeep Compass and in the end i lost $$$ but in my case when one thing happed and it took six trip to the dealer to address and in the end no parts were ever replaced it just magically fixed itself but I am thinking it was a loose connection and when they took it apart to check and put dielectric grease on each connector it fixed that problem but after that ordeal one tends to look for problems and it did not take long but the service guys told me that the tranny temp running at 225 while idle was normal and I frankly called BS on that as I was smelling coolant everytime I parked it and just had a bad feeling so for the sake of my sanity I got rid of it with 6k miles and they made the trade for the Wrangler sound good but in the end i am sure they made $$$ but I was willing to take a loss, I really think with all the gadgets that are on cars and trucks nowadays it makes it hard to keep up and all of these things come at an expense and once you sign your name it’s your headache as I honestly believe a dealer/service dept could give a rats a$$ whether your happy or not and since this work on a new vehicle falls under warranty I am guessing you don’t get the speedy service that someone that is paying cash gets but I could be wrong.
Sponsored