Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
  • Banned
I just came from a thread here where 2 door Wrangler owners site their version, compared to the 4 door one first introduced with the JK, the only true Wrangler.

They have a point, much as the 4 door version I suspect better financially enables the 2 door version to still be offered.

And I suppose owners with 2 doors, but, say, air conditioning, are looked upon by even greater 2 door purists who cool down by taking doors and top off, as "selling out."

So for nearly every Wrangler, there's bound to be another that some feel better adheres to their version of what is closer to "the standard," whatever that is.

So let's focus rather on what is not.

Here is my opening entry to the "what is not a Wrangler list"--offered tongue in cheek--because freedom to customize--as long as safety isn't violated--and I question if my entry does--I suspect, is also part of the Wrangler spirit.

Feel free to add yours. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Now THIS is not a Wrangler 1658333643969
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Not a stance fan, but I kind of dig it. It took more work and skill than many of the rigs I see here. I’m curious as to how he slammed it. Got any links to a build?

And at least it doesn’t have an angry grill. My criticism is, “Should have bought a Rubicon.” :giggle:

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I think that's got to be photoshopped. Every time you see vehicles slammed with the wheels all cattywampus, they are inside the wheel wells. These would rub all day all the time. No way this is real. If it is, all I can do is SMH.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I think that's got to be photoshopped. Every time you see vehicles slammed with the wheels all cattywampus, they are inside the wheel wells. These would rub all day all the time. No way this is real. If it is, all I can do is SMH.
No one is driving the vehicle slammed like that. It's setup for show.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Now THIS is not a Wrangler
1658333643969.png

Yes it is. It just got dropped out of a cargo plane and the parachute did not open.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I just came from a thread here where 2 door Wrangler owners site their version, compared to the 4 door one first introduced with the JK, the only true Wrangler.

They have a point, much as the 4 door version I suspect better financially enables the 2 door version to still be offered.

And I suppose owners with 2 doors, but, say, air conditioning, are looked upon by even greater 2 door purists who cool down by taking doors and top off, as "selling out."

So for nearly every Wrangler, there's bound to be another that some feel better adheres to their version of what is closer to "the standard," whatever that is.

Here is my opening entry to the "what is not a Wrangler list"--offered tongue in cheek--because freedom to customize--as long as safety isn't violated--and I question if my entry does--I suspect, is also part of the Wrangler spirit.

Jeep Wrangler JL Now THIS is not a Wrangler 1658333643969
this isn't a real jeep, it's a sketch, the artists has more similar jeeps and other vehicles he has "sketched" to look slammed

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager

Jeep Wrangler JL Now THIS is not a Wrangler 1658339836761
While this is certainly not something I would be interested in doing or owning, this epitomizes what the Wrangler is about.
Endless ability to modify into "your" dream car. Whatever that may be.
I suspect this ties into the recent unpopular opinions about Jeepers thread, whereby many Jeepers seem to have the idea that they should get a say in someone else's build.
Sponsored