Recommended protectant for cloth seats

Chris_Maine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any recommendations for protecting cloth seats? I've seen 303 fabric guard, the typical scotchguard, etc. Curious as to people's preferences?
Sponsored

thholr

First Name
Thorsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I have heard good things about 303 fabric guard. I am getting ready to try that this weekend. Scotchguard works ok,

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
Didn't you salesmen offer you the super duper sucker cloth protect option? If you are already worrying about protecting cloth seats, you should have ordered leather. On the long haul, cloth seats suck. I'm speaking from 50 years of used and new cars. Now, that I've nuked you, there isn't much you can really do except buy seat covers when they are available. We have leather, and I'm waiting on Carhart type covers for the leather rears in our Rubicon to protect them from the dogs. Only thing you can do to protect cloth is cover it or leave the plastic cover over them like my mother did in her '58 Chevy. The cover lasted a few months. Then came the ice cream etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris_Maine

Chris_Maine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you are already worrying about protecting cloth seats, you should have ordered leather. On the long haul, cloth seats suck. Now, that I've nuked you, there isn't much you can really do except buy seat covers when they are available. We have leather, and I'm waiting on Carhart type covers for the leather rears in our Rubicon to protect them from the dogs. Only thing you can do to protect cloth is cover it or leave the plastic cover over them like my mother did in her '58 Chevy. The cover lasted a few months. Then came the ice cream etc.
Yeah, less a worry - have had leather last 8 vehicles - figured I might need something on them - even to protect from stains, etc. Saw recommendations for 303 for the soft tops - was curious whether it'd be a good option on the seats too.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Yeah, less a worry - have had leather last 8 vehicles - figured I might need something on them - even to protect from stains, etc. Saw recommendations for 303 for the soft tops - was curious whether it'd be a good option on the seats too.
Absofrickenlootly!!!!
Sponsored