Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
7/14/2022 45,222 miles

I got Redline Tuning hood struts because they were $79 on Amazon Prime Day. I also picked up NOCO GBX75 and a GBX45 for my wife’s car. The hood struts really are a 5-10 minute job that only requires a 10mm socket. Now I don’t have to use a hood prop rod in 2022 on a $55,000 vehicle.

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! 30283B79-148A-439B-90C1-2AABDE532BBC

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I got an oil change at the dealership yesterday because it was quick and about as cheap as I could do it myself ($33) and I don’t have to get dirty or sweat my balls off in 100 degree heat. I asked the service writer if they could replace the drain plug with a Fumoto valve I bought. He reacted like I asked for a free Hemi engine swap. It’ll wait until after my next oil change because I’ve already paid for it. Did for $100. After that I’ll DIY.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I like a lot about the OEM steel bumper. Mostly aesthetically because of course it was designed to flow with the front end of the Jeep and of course it fits perfectly. However for some reason I’ve always been on the lookout for something else.

I think I’ve found my new bumper:

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! 25244_3QTR_TOP

Icon Vehicle Dynamics Impact Pro Series. It’s on sale 15% off right now and I think I found another discount to stack on top of that. It meets all of the criteria that I want in a bumper:
  • Stubby
  • Recessed winch
  • Accommodates fog lights
  • Aesthetically pleasing (to me at least)
  • Not “blingy”
  • Low or mid height bar
  • Not prohibitively expensive
  • Comes powder coated
  • Quality construction fabricated in the USA (I think)
Now obviously some of these criteria are subjective. But trust me, I’ve looked at everything out there that I can find to see what checks all of these boxes and surprisingly there are only a few. I’m putting this out there for input from anyone who follows or stumbles into my build thread - what are your thoughts? I know everyone won’t love it and that’s fine. I’d love to hear any positives or negative impressions you have about the bumper specifically or Icon Vehicle Dynamics as a company. If you have it, how do you like it? If you passed on it, why and what for?

Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I like a lot about the OEM steel bumper. Mostly aesthetically because of course it was designed to flow with the front end of the Jeep and of course it fits perfectly. However for some reason I’ve always been on the lookout for something else.

25244_3QTR_TOP.jpg

Icon Vehicle Dynamics Impact Pro Series. It’s on sale 15% off right now and I think I found another discount to stack on top of that.

Are you getting the skid that goes with it? They look pretty sweet together.
Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! AEF5C0B0-54B3-45A7-A68A-088F955C7660

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Are you getting the skid that goes with it? They look pretty sweet together.
AEF5C0B0-54B3-45A7-A68A-088F955C7660.jpeg
Different bumper. That one has a top mounted winch and a skid plate. The one I want has the recessed winch and no separate skid plate, it comes down about as far but it’s all one piece.

JEEP_JL_25244-01_WEBLARGE.jpg

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Different bumper. That one has a top mounted winch and a skid plate. The one I want has the recessed winch and no separate skid plate, it comes down about as far but it’s all one piece.

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! JEEP_JL_25244-01_WEBLARGE
Awesome! That’s gonna look great!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Awesome! That’s gonna look great!
I hope so. I really like the Artec Nighthawk bumper but it costs over $1000 more and doesn’t have a recessed winch.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

25244_3QTR_TOP.jpg

Icon Vehicle Dynamics Impact Pro Series. It’s on sale 15% off right now and I think I found another discount to stack on top of that. It meets all of the criteria that I want in a bumper:
  • Stubby
  • Recessed winch
  • Accommodates fog lights
  • Aesthetically pleasing (to me at least)
  • Not “blingy”
  • Low or mid height bar
  • Not prohibitively expensive
  • Comes powder coated
  • Quality construction fabricated in the USA (I think)
Now obviously some of these criteria are subjective. But trust me, I’ve looked at everything out there that I can find to see what checks all of these boxes and surprisingly there are only a few. I’m putting this out there for input from anyone who follows or stumbles into my build thread - what are your thoughts? I know everyone won’t love it and that’s fine. I’d love to hear any positives or negative impressions you have about the bumper specifically or Icon Vehicle Dynamics as a company. If you have it, how do you like it? If you passed on it, why and what for?
Love it !! I’m just a little bias of that style though… 😁

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! ED946C2F-5B16-4C0F-B546-7F75F110AE62

I didn’t want a recessed winch personally, but that’s gonna look sweet…..:rock:

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well I pulled the trigger before I chickened out. Ordered the Icon front bumper because it’s 15% off pretty much everywhere, plus Quadratec has a flash sale that was stackable for another 15%. Too good to pass up. It seems like only a few owners on the forum have this one. It’s supposed to be here within a week or so. We’ll see…

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Well I pulled the trigger before I chickened out. Ordered the Icon front bumper because it’s 15% off pretty much everywhere, plus Quadratec has a flash sale that was stackable for another 15%. Too good to pass up. It seems like only a few owners on the forum have this one. It’s supposed to be here within a week or so. We’ll see…
Nice choice, and always cool to find extra savings out there too! Look forward to seeing the install pics, and btw was this listed "in stock". I've had great luck w/ Quadratec FWIW, but these days it's hard to predict when things will arrive.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Nice choice, and always cool to find extra savings out there too! Look forward to seeing the install pics, and btw was this listed "in stock". I've had great luck w/ Quadratec FWIW, but these days it's hard to predict when things will arrive.
Thanks. 2 reasons I went with Quadratec over my trusty partner Northridge. 1) in stock and ships immediately vs 90 day back order and 2) every vendor has them 15% off, but Quadratec also has a flash sale for an extra 15% off that was stackable. Usually promotions like this aren’t. So with free shipping and tax it was $776. They didn’t have the rear bumper I wanted so if the front meets my expectations I’ll be getting the rear one too soon.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

JEEP_JL_25244-01_WEBLARGE.jpg
I like that. Nice find sir!
Sponsored