Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
Not following your own advice? ;)

And yeah, these days it's not exactly easy to find certain colors just sitting on a dealer's lot.
I am just taking the risk. After driving white vehicles for the last 20+ years it’s time for a change. I am hoping this photo represents the new color better. I absolutely love Earl if this photo is accurate. It reminds me of Toyota’s Lunar Rock.

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! 1657738351668

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! 1657739015015

Last edited:

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
I still don't see them on the Jeep site, unless y'all pulled that from your personal dealer site or something? Lol

*disregard, I’m an idiot and didn’t click the 2023 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
bad shot to me, Earl looks almost white.
It is almost white. It reads as a very light gray. I’ve seen it in person. People expecting mint green are gonna be disappointed, but they have been warned.

Black Forest Green was similar. It was black in most lights. In perfect light and when clean, the green popped.

A friend bought it expecting green and boy was he pissed. He always hated that color.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I am just taking the risk. After driving white vehicles for the last 20+ years it’s time for a change. I am hoping this photo represents the new color better. I absolutely love Earl if this photo is accurate. It reminds me of Toyota’s Lunar Rock.

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! JP023_277WR799tl631bf5bavi9s6u4jlcet8

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! JP023_277WR799tl631bf5bavi9s6u4jlcet8
Yeah, that swatch looks incredibly similar to the Bronco's Cactus Gray color, which isn't really grey at all imo, but that's cool.

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! 4F2AD7BA-5F6E-479A-B74C-8E21492EE970

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! 4F2AD7BA-5F6E-479A-B74C-8E21492EE970
I took that picture in the late afternoon sun. That's a Billet Silver Cherokee behind it for reference. Here is the same swatch in my garage under different lighting. I think it favors blue much more than green.

img_20220324_225537_01-jpg.jpg

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
Wow, that's quite a flop! I actually like both samples.

Sponsored

Allen0jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06LJ,
Clubs

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE jeep site earl, But I do t think it's a good representation. Would love a better real world idea

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Let me help you guys on the fence.

Buy Earl if:
-you are also getting black fenders
-you are cool with a grey/blue/green ish hue
-you want grey but everyone has grey and you dont want the other greys.
-you missed out on Gobi :crying:

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
That looks great, if it's actually Earl, but it really looks nothing remotely close to PGP/Minty or the older Earl concept. Then again, the '23 Sting-Gray on Jeep's 'build-and-price' configurator looks nothing at all like it does irl.

Think I'd need to see another dozen photos before placing a blind order on that color.
I agree. I love it in this photo, but I'm not sold that this is what it will actually look like in real life.

Reactions: AFD

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thank You! 'Earl' looks like a bluish grey at least on the Jeep configurator, Wonder if it is a metallic or solid (non-metallic) paint?
Sponsored