Sponsored

dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...e-what-it-is-how-it-works-what-it-does.74400/

It’s really a totally different thing, the eTorque just makes start/stop smoother and adds some juice to the “first half of tire rotation from a stop”, and some capture of energy from letting off the throttle to add to the 48v system for that tiny startup boost. In contrast, you can go 25 miles without gasoline on the 4xe.

To me, the eTorque is a bunch of complication for some stuff the engine should do just fine on its own. Which is probably why the 2.0 doesn’t have eTorque any more, it’s got great low end torque already. Maybe the 3.6 can benefit from it…but really, if you’re thinking hybrid - the 4xe is the right choice.
I have been driving a 4xe for a couple days now and I have found when it's out of battery (>1%) it acts like what I would expect the mild hybrid to be. Maybe I am off there but honestly that has been my best driving experience in it thus far. I have found the 2.0T itself to feel a little jittery once the battery is depleted.

You are required to get the eTorque on a 3.6 if you want XR pack so it definitely must make a difference on that initial take off.
Sponsored

geolchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2023 JLUR on order
I have been driving a 4xe for a couple days now and I have found when it's out of battery (>1%) it acts like what I would expect the mild hybrid to be. Maybe I am off there but honestly that has been my best driving experience in it thus far. I have found the 2.0T itself to feel a little jittery once the battery is depleted.

You are required to get the eTorque on a 3.6 if you want XR pack so it definitely must make a difference on that initial take off.
Actually you’re required to get the 3.6 etorque if you want an auto trans, the non-etorque is only available with the manual. I do wish the XR pack came with a manual…

I agree that the 4xe is a great driver. It’s the normal 2.0 turbo engine when the battery is depleted, but with the electric motor going you get the same torque as the 392. It’s stupid and awesome. Electric torque is the best. But, I wish that the battery packs had longer life - I don’t want an expensive repair 10 years or less down the road…that’s the only thing (well, and my irrational love of manuals) keeping me from getting a 4xe.

dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Actually you’re required to get the 3.6 etorque if you want an auto trans, the non-etorque is only available with the manual. I do wish the XR pack came with a manual…

I agree that the 4xe is a great driver. It’s the normal 2.0 turbo engine when the battery is depleted, but with the electric motor going you get the same torque as the 392. It’s stupid and awesome. Electric torque is the best. But, I wish that the battery packs had longer life - I don’t want an expensive repair 10 years or less down the road…that’s the only thing (well, and my irrational love of manuals) keeping me from getting a 4xe.
Yep I've actually got a 23 Rubi 4xe on order. It'll be my first Jeep. Was just starting to get some concern with the issues people have had but it looks like it's the best choice for me still.

Sponsored

Ketamingo

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Accord. 2023 JLUR XR HVY ordered 6/25.
Earl is a standard color and Reign is limited. Another gray joins the fold. 🙄

exrub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL, 2014 JKU, and a few others
Sorry if this is a repeat. I was reading the order guide for the Sahara and was wondering if the side steps are no longer standard?

Sponsored

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
Sorry if this is a repeat. I was reading the order guide for the Sahara and was wondering if the side steps are no longer standard?
I recently ordered a 2023 Sahara and the steps are a required $95 line item on the order.

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
Does anyone know if the 20" wheels on the Sahara 4xe changed from 2022 to 2023? In the builder they look a little different. The LEDS do too. The hood also looks different, and the side steps appear to be missing. 2022 (left) vs 2023 (right):

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Jeep Wrangler Order Guides (2-door JL and 4-door JLU) - Updated Monthly Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 1.43.17 PM

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
Does anyone know if the 20" wheels on the Sahara 4xe changed from 2022 to 2023? In the builder they look a little different. The LEDS do too. The hood also looks different, and the side steps appear to be missing. 2022 (left) vs 2023 (right):

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Jeep Wrangler Order Guides (2-door JL and 4-door JLU) - Updated Monthly Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 1.43.17 PM
It looks like you are looking at the high altitude trim? WRF if the option code for the wheels in both 2022 and 2023 on the configurator. That would lead me to believe they are the same.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation