Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Its still a 2 battery system and a complex 2 battery system. Whats the cost and ease of replacement? And how is the availability to find a replacement?
The lawn mower battery in the ess system you can find anywhere.

The only positive thing I can think of for eTorque is quiet operation. I was beside another jeep product last night and had to listen to his starter crank up every 1000 feet. They sound terrible.
Then that would not have been an E Torque. The e torque uses the generator to start and drive the Jeep forward with start stop. You won’t here a sound other then the engine fire up. The starter is only used for initial cold starts.
The regular 3.6 start/stop that uses the starter is noisy and annoying, I shut that one off.
Yes the E Torque uses a 2 battery system but it has an eight year warranty on that system and so far I have yet to hear of anyone having issues with that battery or other components. They have been around about 5 years now.
Sponsored

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
Then that would not have been an E Torque. The e torque uses the generator to start and drive the Jeep forward with start stop. You won’t here a sound other then the engine fire up. The starter is only used for initial cold starts.
The regular 3.6 start/stop that uses the starter is noisy and annoying, I shut that one off.
Yes the E Torque uses a 2 battery system but it has an eight year warranty on that system and so far I have yet to hear of anyone having issues with that battery or other components. They have been around about 5 years now.
I know it wasnt an eTorque, and why I said the only positive thing about it is quiet. I dont know what it was, compass maybe saw jeep on the tailgate. But at every light the starter would crank up.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it wasnt an eTorque, and why I said the only positive thing about it is quiet. I dont know what it was, compass maybe saw jeep on the tailgate. But at every light the starter would crank up.
Yes, that is annoying. And I don’t blame people for wanting to shut it off.

not sure if the e torque gets better mileage or not but I’m averaging around 19mpg mixed with the XR on 35s.
So far I like it.

Hernan

First Name
Hernan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 4XE
I don't get the point of a MHEV when there's the PHEV 4xe. At that point the only drawback for going full hybrid is the limit of 4xe trims and the tbd reliability of the 2.0 vs the old 3.6

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't get the point of a MHEV when there's the PHEV 4xe. At that point the only drawback for going full hybrid is the limit of 4xe trims and the tbd reliability of the 2.0 vs the old 3.6
No difference in motors between the e torque and non. They both have the same motors and transmissions. They just use a front mounted generator instead of a alternator to assist the engine.

Sponsored

Hernan

First Name
Hernan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No difference in motors between the e torque and non. They both have the same motors and transmissions. They just use a front mounted generator instead of a alternator to assist the engine.
I forgot the two additional electric motors... I guess that adds complexity even if electric engines are known to last forever.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I forgot the two additional electric motors... I guess that adds complexity even if electric engines are known to last forever.
There is no additional electric motors. It’s just a generator instead of an alternator .. The generator is capable of charging the batteries as well as driving the gas engine forward while it starts it, as the starter does in the non E torque.

Hernan

First Name
Hernan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no additional electric motors. It’s just a generator instead of an alternator .. The generator is capable of charging the batteries as well as driving the gas engine forward while it starts it, as the starter does in the non E torque.
I meant that I don't see the point of having a mild hybrid electric (3.6 e-torque) when you could go all in with the 4xe and get more power and better fuel economy. I would think the pro pentastar guys would choose this option because it's less complex and potentially "bulletproof", but when you add the hybrid components that argument is less solid.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess we will see. So far the E Torque has been less trouble then the non E Torque due to the ESS aux battery. The system has an 8 year warranty so I’m not too worried. I likely won’t have it that long anyway.

WasMFD

First Name
Coño, Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUS, JLUR
Here is Echo Yankee, my salute to everyone who has served our country.
F4B7BB76-D003-44C3-8E9F-0B863671D619.jpeg
83C8853D-2BCB-436F-887F-D359C0966795.jpeg
How is that bumper wrap done? Just for looks or can that rope be redeployed for use? *looks for looks but just wondering.

Sponsored

RTS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
How is that bumper wrap done? Just for looks or can that rope be redeployed for use? *looks for looks but just wondering.
The 25 ft rope was braided by a military veteran who learned the technique from his grandfather who is a WWII vet. The rope is for looks, I would never use it for towing.

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
So wife tried to order a Freedom Edition yesterday but dealer said they can't see it in the order system. Is it just not available to order yet?

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I'm late to the party with this comment, but will they have a Camp LeJeune edition? 24% APR and a 2-month marriage to a local stripper to go with it? haha

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Just do it yourself if you want it. And yes, both sides have blue field leading as they should.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces Freedom Package for 2023 Wrangler to Salute the U.S. Military 8F88FB9E-8141-4E98-A8C1-032BEAE4F922

21 Willys

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys Sarge Green
Fortunately, since this is all gray, the direction of this decal doesn't matter because it's not actually a flag. It's not red, white and blue.

Later updated to 50 stars with the admittance of Alaska and Hawaii.
Then why are the subdued "patches" on our military uniforms shown with the stars forward as if flying in the wind. Please explain.
Sponsored