Sponsored

2018 JL , LED headlights - aftermarket available?

FulThrotl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The new factory Jeep LED headlights that come as options on Sahara and Rubicon models are amazing. I ran a set of JW Speaker Evolution J2 on my last JK and I will say that the factory JL Led headlights are much better. Worth every penny

Also the JL will not accept the standard 7” round, all new full headlight assembly . So you can’t use JK headlights on a JL
as delivered from the factory, the OEM LED's on the rubicon are awfully damn bright. they also come adjusted too high for city
driving. you get an awful lot of people flashing high beams at you.

as delivered, you are "that guy".
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
where did you get these? thanks. Any problems..
4x4truckleds.com and no problems. Been using them for 7 months on my F-150 and now my JL. Doesn't matter if it's 0°F outside or 95°F outside they come on instantly and shine as bright as the noon day sun. I never get flashed by oncoming traffic. I drive gravel roads and rough terrain daily and the vibration hasn't caused any trouble. They've been through water crossings and road salt and snow and dusty environments. These lights just work. Best $130 I've spent in a long time. I don't care about the factory halos...I just want bright light that's affordable.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I to am looking at JL LED replacement lamps but want halo rings so waiting to see what is a direct replacement, I am pretty sure I want a whole housing replacement

Cledus601

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Is there any way to get that nice line on the fenders that the OEM LEDs have? I like the switchbacks but I want that line.
That's going to take a lens change.

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
The Diode Dynamics running lights have two pretty bad durability reviews on CJ Pony Parts. How have yours help up so far?
Our HP24 Switchback is a well-designed product. They have exceptional longevity and will likely outlast your Jeep.

They will require resistors to function correctly (prevent bulb out warnings, etc). That's probably why that particular reviewer made the comments.

If you have any additional questions about any of our options, or need more information, please don't hesitate to reach out to us: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

Sponsored

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Our HP24 Switchback is a well-designed product. They have exceptional longevity and will likely outlast your Jeep.

They will require resistors to function correctly (prevent bulb out warnings, etc). That's probably why that particular reviewer made the comments.

If you have any additional questions about any of our options, or need more information, please don't hesitate to reach out to us: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.
Hey Nick,

Is there any way to get that nice line on the fenders that the OEM LEDs have? I like the switchbacks but I want that line.

Thanks,

Dennis

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Hey Nick,

Thanks,

Dennis
Completely understandable Dennis! The OEM units definitely have a clean appearance. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to replicate that look with simple bulb replacements.

Nick C.

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
I talked on the phone with hid projectors. He said the way the headlights mount on is different and they are making a bracket that will allow the standard 7in lights. He also said the connection is different depending if you have LED or none LED lights.
Have you heard any more updates on this?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Diode Dynamics when do you think you will have a drop in replacement for LED’s, I wish the dealer had one on the lot when I got my JLU but they did not, I priced the MOPAR ones and they are about $800 and I would have to install but it looks pretty straight forward just by swapping out housings but looking for a less costly investment that would be just as easy to install

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hey Nick,

Thanks,

Dennis
Not sure if this is what you would want, but you can order the rubicon fenders and they come with the LEDs installed
Sponsored