Sponsored

What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
While I fully appreciate the engineering behind the JL softop, it looks like shit in both the up (nice hump Quasimodo) or down (I hate being able to use my rearview mirror) positions compared to how great the hard top looks.
The hard top is only for winter, when you have 2 metres of snow on top of the Jeep.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Put the sprinkler under the jeep and have a coors light. Works like a charm
Whoa, calm down there. Around these parts we do brown liquors.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I don't Jeep wave.
I'm not the most sociable (depends on sex and look)🙃but to purposely not wave 100% and know its a thing will not get you earthly karma.....

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
If you don't actually go off road then you shouldn't buy a Wrangler. There are so many other vehicles that are better suited for driving around to the paved places. And it's all these people who shouldn't have bought a Wrangler that keep asking for it to be changed into the same thing as all the other SUVs out there.

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Most Jeep people, especially the ones who go to meets and have lifts have an strong affinity or fondness for a particular political movement. The movement starts with an "M" or a "T". I'll stop short of saying they also have a fondness for the below brands:
  • Beech-Nut.
  • Copenhagen.
  • Grizzly.
  • Kodiak.
  • Levi Garrett.
  • Mail Pouch.
  • Oliver Twist.
  • Red Man
  • Skoal
Hey you said we could let it out🤭

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't actually go off road then you shouldn't buy a Wrangler. There are so many other vehicles that are better suited for driving around to the paved places. And it's all these people who shouldn't have bought a Wrangler that keep asking for it to be changed into the same thing as all the other SUVs out there.
^^^ this!

Jeep ought to offer a boxy crossover vehicle for those who want a Wrangler just for the looks.

On second thoughts, never mind. Jeep built it and it turned out a POS...
Jeep Wrangler JL What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community? 1657632639014

Turns out, a box without the capability of solid axles, the interior room limitations of body-and-frame construction, the road hugging weight, and the shitty MPG...is just a box...

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ this!

Jeep ought to offer a boxy crossover vehicle for those who want a Wrangler just for the looks.

On second thoughts, never mind. Jeep built it and it turned out a POS...
1657632639014.jpeg

Turns out, a box without the capability of solid axles and the limitations of body-and-frame construction...is just a box...
To be fair most of the criticism I've seen of the Renegade was that it WASN'T a Wrangler... 🤷‍♂️
Same for the Bronco Sport...

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I've got more than a few, but one is, "less is more". A lot of people will agree, then say you need a 4" lift and 37" tires to get to the mercado, or you need 1,500 lbs of tools, 20 gallons of extra fuel, 10 rock-lights, a full surround sound light bar with 98 individual LEDs, and a king-sized mattress in the roof top tent if you want to make it across the mall parking lot.

For 95% of us, which is really closer to 100% of us, we can air down our 31" tires and have a blast, but as soon as we pull off the trail and see the poseur with the $90k rig we get penis-envy and start believing we're not going to make it home from the trail without portals. Too many Jeeps became custom car show vehicles and a bunch of keyboard cowboys keep telling us we're doing it wrong.
Sponsored