Sponsored

What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community?

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
99.9% of HiLifts stored externally are for decoration.

Dirty edit: and 78.934% of HiLift owners have zero clue on how to even use one. I especially like seeing them on vehicles that literally have no spot to use them. Granted, it can be used as a winch as well but they don't know that either. Lol.
Woo Hoo! I'm in the 0.1% special people! 🤣

And it can only be used as a winch if you have the parts & chain to go with it so... yeah. Useless decoration for many just waiting for an opportunity to do it's part in Darwinism.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I've been jumped a few times for saying I think a modest lift and 35" tires is the sweet spot for performance increase vs cost. This is supposed to be a safe space though, so don't start with me ; )
Don't you know the XR package is only the starting point for another lift, 40s and a 5.13 regear?!?

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
Couldn't care less if the lifted ones dont ever go off road. That's like being upset that people adding hp to their cars never go to the drag strip. It's whatever to me, looks good at least.
But the wave thing? Every time I see a Jeep? Sorry but there are a boatload of them here, it could be my job. Pass.

Steemax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xE
90%+ of Jeep drivers can’t even fully use the capability of their Jeeps stock, and don’t need mods. Most mods are done for vanity and fashion, not necessity.
I am guilty, I've spent this past month nearly daily putting wheels/tires and a lift in my shopping cart just to have an internal battle about how I don't need it as a standard Rubicon will take me to 99% of the places I would like to explore....

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
If components break while you're wheeling it's (usually) the fault of the driver and not the weakness of the component.

People who seek out the mud puddles on trails are weird. Why do you want to smell steaming hot burnt ass all day?

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I am guilty, I've spent this past month nearly daily putting wheels/tires and a lift in my shopping cart just to have an internal battle about how I don't need it as a standard Rubicon will take me to 99% of the places I would like to explore....
Hell I’m just as guilty; I got a Rubicon even though I rarely if ever maxed out in my Sport. My excuse is I wanted a 4xe but didn’t want a Sahara/HA so, oh well, “have to” get a Rubicon.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
More power isn't always the answer. Gearing is.

The 3.6 is a dog and needs to be revamped/retired.

SOT looks like trash.

Black, white and grey are boring colors.

The Bronco isn't that bad a rig. 90% of people would get one if it had a Jeep Wrangler badge on it and would look down on SFA Wranglers.

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
That struggle is real! Just saw one too many jeeps with a lift and big tires that looked good and said fk it. Then I tried like crazy to win that jeep giveaway Northridge was doing... I had sooo many entries.
Jeep Wrangler JL What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community? 1657563202469

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
They don’t look any worse than mud flaps.

Either way, I’m an old man so it fits...
LOL.. Aldo, you are just a Kid. But I am as old as the Dinosaur age…;)

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Quick disconnect swaybar endlinks usually suck worse than just unbolting the links at the trailhead.
Sponsored