First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
What are "leather wrapped cloth seats"??? do they mean leather seats??
I have a 21 Freedom, the center of the seats are cloth, leather in the sides.
Sponsored

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2022 JLU Sport S
Agreed - flag is in retreat mode! It’s flying backwards because it’s in R aka reveres or retreat. I sure hope Jeep fixes that before product units are released.

This shows that citizen studies are no longer taught in schools. So sad & a bit disrespectful
What's funny is that they got it right on the new Wagoneers...

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
We have a 2020 freedom edition that we bought used. It was a good way to get a nice interior in a 2 dr without spending rubicon money. The leather trimmed seats look nicer and have leather on the higher wear areas, but the seating surface is cloth, kind of the best of both worlds.

In 2020 they came with monochrome rubicon wheels, which I think look better than the two tone ones.

I took all the sticker package nonsense off ours. Didn't make sense on a beach /skittle jeep. Hard to see in the picture, but there was a giant star on the hood.

As delivered plus stick on crap from previous owner:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces Freedom Package for 2023 Wrangler to Salute the U.S. Military 1657042206575

De-badged / de-stickered keeping only the star tramp stamp:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces Freedom Package for 2023 Wrangler to Salute the U.S. Military 1657042259835

Partial leather interior, sahara white stitched steering wheel.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces Freedom Package for 2023 Wrangler to Salute the U.S. Military 1657042384164

Last edited:

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
We have a 2020 freedom edition that we bought used. It was a good way to get a nice interior in a 2 dr without spending rubicon money. The leather trimmed seats look nicer and have leather on the higher wear areas, but the seating surface is cloth, kind of the best of both worlds.

In 2020 they came with monochrome rubicon wheels, which I think look better than the two tone ones.

I took all the sticker package nonsense off ours. Didn't make sense on a beach /skittle jeep. Hard to see in the picture, but there was a giant star on the hood.

As delivered plus stick on crap from previous owner:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces Freedom Package for 2023 Wrangler to Salute the U.S. Military 1657042384164

De-badged / de-stickered keeping only the star tramp stamp:

Partial leather interior, sahara white stitched steering wheel.

Why would you remove the American flag from a Jeep ? From ANYTHING ? Don’t you have any American pride ? Was it worth the effort to disrespect this country ? I’m a Marine Corps veteran, so yes, it bothers me.

Sponsored

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would you remove the American flag from a Jeep ? From ANYTHING ? Don’t you have any American pride ? Was it worth the effort to disrespect this country ? I’m a Marine Corps veteran, so yes, it bothers me.
I prefer my vehicles with a minimum of badging / decals. I've got a flag on a flag pole, a 2x3" black and clear sticker on a teal vehicle isn't worth being bothered over. You could hardly even tell what it was, it looked like a smear from a distance.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took off the oscar mike badge too, it clashed and looked like hell.

And the dealership logo.

The 2020 freedom package got the interior, wheels, and premium top. Nobody is paying thousands just for the stickers.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Introduces Freedom Package for 2023 Wrangler to Salute the U.S. Military 1657051509233

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
When I purchased my 14 freedom I'll admit I wasn't up to date on all the jeep packages. I knew I wanted a light color and a hard top. There was only 2 hard tops around,... one was black and one was white and the white was a freedom.

I was ready to pull the star off the hood, didn't really care for it and didn't want the outline burned into the paint. It also had large Oscar Mike badges on the sides. I asked the dealer what the Oscar Mike badges were and they had no idea... no isht, really.

When I got home I googled it, found out what it was about. So the star stayed, much respect so much so I'm looking for another.

THANK YOU for your service!

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
As a vet, thank you!

Also, you have permission to remove the star, I would. And those black stickers on the fender where the vent is.

I was in the Army for 7 years, never once heard the term "Oscar Mike". Maybe it's a Marine thing. I sure heard and said "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" a lot though!

When a active duty/retired/veteran buys this edition, the dicount should be doubled. That's not too much to ask.

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
When a active duty/retired/veteran buys this edition, the discount should be doubled. That's not too much to ask.
Na, its a 14 and I know what it stands for wont remove it from the new one either. I've had a few young ex service men work for me and they had no idea what it meant either. But its On the Move, or On Maneuvers depending on the sentence.

You're right about the discount. Its not much but its the only discount offered here on any Jeep.

Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Experience suggests the $500 is mostly marketing and PR. When I ordered my GC the sales mgr told me I got $500 off for being a vet. (he asked), upon delivery the finance guy said it doesn’t apply to SRT’s. Sales mgr told him to give me the $500 anyway (at $400 under invoice) apologized and thanked me for my service. My first attempt to get a 392 was through that dealership, unfortunately a different sales mgr and had a lousy failed experience.
At least 1 guy was stand up & did you a solid. To me, it just kind of irks me when it is a token amount that's not about to change the note or anything. There are places that give vets & 1st responders discounts & I appreciate it & tend to give them my business. But, I don't ask & if in a restaurant I always tip the server based on the full amount. Oh well, just me.

Hope you enjoy that 392, I really want one, just don't want to pay for it. 😆

Thank you for your service too!
:captain:

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
As a vet, thank you!

Also, you have permission to remove the star, I would. And those black stickers on the fender where the vent is.

I was in the Army for 7 years, never once heard the term "Oscar Mike". Maybe it's a Marine thing. I sure heard and said "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" a lot though!

When a active duty/retired/veteran buys this edition, the dicount should be doubled. That's not too much to ask.
I guess it is a Marine thing, always heard it as On Maneuvers. Said the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, along with Charlie Foxtrot too. Along with Aren't Real Marines Yet... Just messing with ya. Appreciate your service as well!
:captain:

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Great, at a time when you cant get a 3.6 auto non eTorque.
Personally I prefer the E-Torque now that I drive one. No Aux battery and the start stop is seamless. We also have a 3.6 non E-Torque.

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
Personally I prefer the E-Torque now that I drive one. No Aux battery and the start stop is seamless. We also have a 3.6 non E-Torque.
Its still a 2 battery system and a complex 2 battery system. Whats the cost and ease of replacement? And how is the availability to find a replacement?
The lawn mower battery in the ess system you can find anywhere.

The only positive thing I can think of for eTorque is quiet operation. I was beside another jeep product last night and had to listen to his starter crank up every 1000 feet. They sound terrible.
Sponsored