Sponsored

Any ideas to counter/prevent Jeep tires from being slashed? (non political)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I'm sure incidents are few and far between of people damaging vehicles for a political motive. I'm sure it could happen in downtown Melbourne, FL just as well as it could happen in NYC.
Funny enough, I had my Mustang keyed and my "Darwin Fish" emblem ripped off by people who apparently didn't like the statement it made... in Downtown Melbourne, Florida (lived right across from Pops Casbah back then). It was early in the GWB years and whoever it was hit a bunch of cars in the area, anybody who had liberal-looking stickers was vandalized.

Dipshits are everywhere. And are of every political stripe.

Needless to say, I don't put political statements on my vehicle anymore. And I have insurance in the event of other damage. But I'm also not gonna spend my time worrying about people slashing my tires for whatever silly reason.
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
If you think that what you are doing is "common sense" heh well then, i beg to differ.
Beg to differ all you want but when there are 1.18 million SUVs registered to NYC residents (not including those that drive in for the day) obsessing over something that happened to 40 of them is ludicrous narcissism. Stop watching the news. You are not keeping things in perspective.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Jeep Wrangler JL Any ideas to counter/prevent Jeep tires from being slashed? (non political) 88D70CB8-C0A4-4ABB-90FA-0E4B72FF9845

If it happens, it happens.

Best recommendation is to try to park in well lit areas, in line of sight of a nearby security camera, in a high traffic area. And even then, you’re hoping the police, property management, etc give a shit about your car. Hopefully Jeep copies Tesla’s idea, and adds a 360 24/7 security camera option. But until then, it’s what it is.

Also, I wouldn’t recommend the Greenpeace or any political bumper sticker. Who knows, you might piss off a lunatic on the other side of the spectrum.

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Beg to differ all you want but when there are 1.18 million SUVs registered to NYC residents (not including those that drive in for the day) obsessing over something that happened to 40 of them is ludicrous narcissism. Stop watching the news. You are not keeping things in perspective.
You are not the one that is keeping things in perspective. Your comparison of total SUV vs the one that are damaged are irrelevant. You want to talk about ludicrous narcissism - you totally behaved like one when you share you ultra parochial viewpoint. Rather than looking at the situation and come up with some solution - you already reject the situation by not focusing on the real matter.

Fake news or unimportant news - that is all up to you to read or digest. Just like many others you can be super selective on the things that you want to read but don't go telling others that they are wrong to read the stuff that you don't like.

Don't give me all the crap when you are practicing moral relativism. However do feel free to share your malicious dissatisfaction with people who are somewhat passive aggressive who liked this particular post of yours. I wonder who is really stupid enough to let you guide them because it is clear that you don't have the capacity nor empathy to lead. Quit deluding yourself to think that you are so great. Cause you are not. Such arrogance!

And I will have the final say - cause I I am taking an action of blocking you because I really don't care what you have to say. How about keeping things in perspective eh???

Last edited:

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
This guy cracks me up. This sort of thing is a good part of why I left NJ. Too much of this there.

Sorry everyone, but I couldn't resist pushing his buttons and bringing it to this inevitable conclusion.

demarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubicon 2008 Liberty 88 E-150
I pray it doesn't happen to me. I can't wait to list my house and get the hell out of here.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Slap "Electric Powered Vehicle" stickers all over it. That should keep the eco-nuts from slashing tires or damaging the Jeep.

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
This guy cracks me up. This sort of thing is a good part of why I left NJ. Too much of this there.

Sorry everyone, but I couldn't resist pushing his buttons and bringing it to this inevitable conclusion.
You could tell where he was going to end up by his news "sources". Labelling the thread as "non-political" then citing the NY Post (tabloid) and Fox News as the only US news outlets.

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
1. The Tyre Extinguishers is real. May or may not be extensive, but it does exist, including at least one action in NYC.

2. Aside from what I suspect is a misused (or possible deliberately inflammatory) wording in a Fox headline, there's really no mention of slashing...it's all deflating, via valve stem. So carry an inflator.

3. The TE tactic seems to be to cruise targeted neighborhoods, so avoid parking on the street in those areas. ...e.g Upper East Side.

4. It's sad to see EVERYTHING immediately morphed into either culture wars, political screeds, or personal attacks. My grandpa used to say, "some folks can start a fistfight in a phone booth."

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
You could tell where he was going to end up by his news "sources". Labelling the thread as "non-political" then citing the NY Post (tabloid) and Fox News as the only US news outlets.
Well I could tell you where you are going to end up with your comment for not understanding my news "sources" I will be glad to re-post the link for you.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/01/climate-activists-deflate-tires-on-40-suvs-in-nyc/

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/tire-deflate-nyc-protest-b2114042.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cl...ns-suv-tires-nyc-say-major-cities-us-hit-next

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/tyre-extinguishers-climate-protesters-target-7214069

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-60660711

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dg7qn/who-are-the-tyre-extinguishers

Pray do tell - which part of the link above that screams bias??? I noticed that there are what like six links to different news of different political viewpoint? Or you just like to find reason to complain when you said that I only quote conservative "US news outlet". FYI - the group started in Brighton UK (just like the POS Earth Liberation Front eco terrorism that you most probably support) - and the tire deflating/slashing phenomenon just got into US like early this year. I would not expect you to hear about it because I am sure that you only read NYT which incidentally happens to filled with crap bias opinion pieces (I would say the same goes to foxnews). Oh yeah before I forgot, a lot of my friends who are ardent NYT reader actually canceled their subscriptions when the news outlet decided to capitalized the letter B in Black in their publishing while not doing the same for others. I bet you must be happy that all 40 SUVs that were vandalized happened to be focused on Upper East Side? You know undeserved upper class old money.

No I am not a Trump supporter either. Nor that BS AOC type of party. So don't act like you know me and my political viewpoint. People are free to practice their own politics. That is the awesome thing about United States.

You like many other opiniated of both side people will always find excuse to selectively represent your cause. How about trying some moderations and because you are the one who is pulling politics into the discussion. My question is simple - I want to know if there are ways of preventing tires from being slashed and I presented the cause that is leading to such incident.

And why are you driving a Jeep? Based on your selective posting dont you have some sort of cognitive dissonance going on every time you drive your JLU? Sorry buddy you are the one who started to get political and I am just responding in the same manner. Again, lets try to practice some moderation shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.