Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
It's that much because the 3.6 you're looking at has E-TQ. I don't seen an option for the non-E-TQ and an Auto, however.
That makes sense. Jeep has to offset emissions credits for all the 392s they are sending so steering to ETQ seems expected.

The guide only lists a ratio change for rear diffs. The rear diff order will dictate the front axle ratio. They have to be the same, of course.
Yeah, I was just joking. Why even just say "rear" in the order guide and not just say "axles."
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
That makes sense. Jeep has to offset emissions credits for all the 392s they are sending so steering to ETQ seems expected.

Yeah, I was just joking. Why even just say "rear" in the order guide and not just say "axles."
That verbiage is just a carry over from the Grand Cherokee world where you can order vehicles in rear wheel drive only. (My best guess)

geolchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2023 JLUR on order
Looks like the new standard rubicon wheels are "17X7.5 MACHINED/PAINTED BLACK WHLS (WGQ)", which are the old standard Rubicon Recon Edition wheels (not Xtreme Recon), and the upgrade wheels as discovered before the old standard Rubicon wheels. Slightly different from the "17X7.5 MACHINED WHLS W BLACK POCKETS (WEF)" wheels which are the 4xE rubicon standard.

Oh also looks like advanced brake assist, well, the whole advanced safety package is standard on the 392, but no other model. Not sure if that was as before or not.

yeti1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JL Two Door Rubicon
Looks like the new standard rubicon wheels are "17X7.5 MACHINED/PAINTED BLACK WHLS (WGQ)", which are the old standard Rubicon Recon Edition wheels (not Xtreme Recon), and the upgrade wheels as discovered before the old standard Rubicon wheels. Slightly different from the "17X7.5 MACHINED WHLS W BLACK POCKETS (WEF)" wheels which are the 4xE rubicon standard.

Oh also looks like advanced brake assist, well, the whole advanced safety package is standard on the 392, but no other model. Not sure if that was as before or not.

I wonder when we will be able to place an order for the standard wheel for the Rubicon (WGQ) my dealer can only order the upgrade option for now.

Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I wonder when we will be able to place an order for the standard wheel for the Rubicon (WGQ) my dealer can only order the upgrade option for now.
Yeah, there's literally no 'free wheels' included with the purchase of a Rubicon right now.

I honestly don't recall ever seeing a company do that for a vehicle, especially for a $50k to $60k upper-trim model. You'd think they'd just keep the previously 'standard' Rubicon wheel as a no-cost option until they figure out what they're doing, instead of further nickel-and-diming their customers.

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL

Sponsored

StGrXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Any idea what these decals will look like?
My guess is it'll be minimalist and in the same gray color as our current Wrangler decals. Stars forward on passenger side of course. Probably to have the brand follow what they've been doing on the new Wagoneers.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Any idea what these decals will look like?
Probably looks like the ones on the 20th Anniversary Rubicon. Love Old Glory, but personally think any decals in that particular spot look pretty bad aesthetically. A regular rectangular flag near the Jeep badge would've been fine imo.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Jeep Wrangler Order Guides (2-door JL and 4-door JLU) - Updated Monthly Image1

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
Probably looks like the ones on the 20th Anniversary Rubicon. Love Old Glory, but personally think any decals in that particular spot look pretty bad aesthetically. A regular rectangular flag near the Jeep badge would've been fine imo.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Jeep Wrangler Order Guides (2-door JL and 4-door JLU) - Updated Monthly Image1
I like the looks of that! I really hope we get that "20" next to the Rubicon hood sticker too.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I like the looks of that! I really hope we get that "20" next to the Rubicon hood sticker too.
That's cool, and yeah, I don't particularly like the "20" there either. For some reason, I immediately read it as "2.0" and wonder why in the heck they'd stick the 2.0L engine in a 392, lol. But I guess if they're going to be doing 20th Anniversary stuff, they might as well treat all the Rubicons with some special touches.
Sponsored