Are frames pretty square?

dustersjl

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 2 door Willys
So I bought a Quadratec QRC full width bumper. Upon trying to install it I think the bumper itself wasn’t built exactly square. Because Everytime I would get it pretty well and seated one side from the grill would have inch gap on drivers side and maybe half an inch or less on passenger side. Needless to say it was driving me mad.

Once taking it back off and waiting for the replacement to come in I noticed the ends of my frame aren’t exactly even. The passenger side frame rail seems to almost angle inwards very slightly while the drivers side is more straight. I’ve never owned a jeep before so I was just curious if anyone else noticed this?
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
So I bought a Quadratec QRC full width bumper. Upon trying to install it I think the bumper itself wasn’t built exactly square. Because Everytime I would get it pretty well and seated one side from the grill would have inch gap on drivers side and maybe half an inch or less on passenger side. Needless to say it was driving me mad.

Once taking it back off and waiting for the replacement to come in I noticed the ends of my frame aren’t exactly even. The passenger side frame rail seems to almost angle inwards very slightly while the drivers side is more straight. I’ve never owned a jeep before so I was just curious if anyone else noticed this?
This is just the difference between something being designed in CAD and actually building something.

The bumper was probably designed using Jeep's CAD data.

Assembling the Jeep won't ever match the data perfectly. I'm sure the Jeep is fine since the factory bumper was on there.

OP
OP

dustersjl

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool that’s what I had figured being in the trades just wanted clarification. I imagine welding all the different parts is never going to come out perfect.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I’d bet the Jeep is a lot closer to “true” than aftermarket part, esp, most foreign made parts.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
This is most likely your issue.

Is it made in the USA? The Quadratec QRC Bumper is designed specifically for Jeep Vehicles by our in house engineering and design team at our World Headquarters in West Chester, PA. Quadratec has partnered with a world class manufacturing facility in China to manufacture our bumper to our exact specifications.

OP
OP

dustersjl

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough. The quality definitely left a bit to be desired.. one weld looked absolutely terrible.
Sponsored