Sponsored

Jeep Politics (Not Political) :-)

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
So, I wanted to start a non-political thread on Jeep politics. Topics where there are limited to no middle ground where both sides are firmly encamped. I'll start. I think it goes without saying "no politician politics", please.

Angry vs Happy Jeep

I'm totally in the camp of "Happy Jeep", I don't know how someone could take an iconic look like the JL Wrangler and stick angry bird eyebrows over it. I don't wave at Angry Jeeps, I teach my kids that the only Jeeps are happy Jeeps. If I ducked, I would refuse to duck an Angry Jeep no matter how awesome it was just because it is an Angry Jeep. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlgUSF

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waving Jeeps or non-waving Jeeps.
So are you a waver or non-waver and why?

I generally wave to HAPPY JEEPS, but I probably miss 20-25pct of Happy Jeeps because I'm doing things like driving my vehicle. My wife is always reminding me of the Jeeps that wave at us and I inadvertently missed it. I'm a waver because it is one of the things that makes the Jeep community unique, we as a community are as unique as the vehicles we drive. In my mind, if you don't wave you might as well be driving a Hyundai Santa Fe or similar.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
A neighbor has a nicely modded always spotless (as opposed to mine) 2 dr. ruined by a hideous angry grill (IMO), but but-beauty is in the eye- heā€™s the one climbing into it- his money- etc. Still wave back

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlgUSF

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can think of another:

3.6L vs. 2.0T

I'm a registered independent when it comes to this great debate among Jeepers. Since I have the 3.6 I can make the argument.

The 2.0T is too new and Jeep hasn't worked the bugs out of it like the "tried and true" Pentastar. The cam follower problems were fixed almost a decade ago and any camshaft issues are VERY few and far between. Lee Iaccoca himself posthumously came and blessed the Pentastar. Then the Coloradans explain the differences between the two engines at altitude. If you think the 3.6L sounds weak the 2.0L sounds like a Honda Civic. The Pentastar Upgrade (PUG) made an already amazing and reliable engine even better! If you get a 2.0T, hope you enjoy your Fiat. :)

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
I can think of another:

3.6L vs. 2.0T

I'm a registered independent when it comes to this great debate among Jeepers. Since I have the 3.6 I can make the argument.

The 2.0T is too new and Jeep hasn't worked the bugs out of it like the "tried and true" Pentastar. The cam follower problems were fixed almost a decade ago and any camshaft issues are VERY few and far between. Lee Iaccoca himself posthumously came and blessed the Pentastar. Then the Coloradans explain the differences between the two engines at altitude. If you think the 3.6L sounds weak the 2.0L sounds like a Honda Civic. The Pentastar Upgrade (PUG) made an already amazing and reliable engine even better! If you get a 2.0T, hope you enjoy your Fiat. :)
Bold move, might be some fireworks on this comment. BTW I'm with you on this one.

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am sorry upfront šŸ .. but angry face jeeps make me cringe :| .. sorry again

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I like a little engine noise on takeoff but am completely confused for the need for Jeeps or large pickups sounding like Mustangs or any other true muscle car.
My neighbor has a white toyota that I can hear start up and drone down the street...he's in his sixties. šŸ‘‹

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlgUSF

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bold move, might be some fireworks on this comment. BTW I'm with you on this one.
LOL! Everything posted here is hopefully meant to be a bit lighthearted. After reading a lot of posts on this forum, I bet a bunch of members run out to their garages and fire up their Pentastars with a mechanics stethoscope wondering if their engine is going to grenade on them. "Uh-oh, that sounds like the sound in the video made from a cell phone with a bird chirping in the background".

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
If you believe its all Putin's fault, then just ignore me now. Argh. What kind of thread is this? My bet, deleted in 3 pages. LOL

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
I just canā€™t wave to an angry Jeep, they make me cringe. Coming from the Dodge world, many owners would put these ugly rims / tires on which make me fe the same way.
You do you, but I donā€™t participate in that madness šŸ¤¢

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Thereā€™s a mullet Jeep in the area that has one of those grumper grills along with a bunch of other similar themed add-ons.

Itā€™sā€¦ interestingā€¦. Big lift, tires and wheels, plus other stuff that fits the look. Theyā€™ve obviously invested a lot of money into it and they probably love it.

Iā€™ve seen it twice now and both times I found myself staring at it because from a distance itā€™s hard to figure out what it is.

When they get closer I feel obligated to wave because they can tell I am looking at them but I am crying inside for what they did to it. This isnā€™t it, but like it only in black.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Politics (Not Political)  :-) 866952E3-4A96-4CED-9CC2-0125A230ADAC
Sponsored