Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Hi All,

I’m installing the Teraflex leveling kit on my Jlu Sahara to get rid of the rake and to add 33’s without it looking like they are stuffed in the well - https://www.quadratec.com/p/teraflex/sport-st1-15-suspension-lift-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl-4-door

Would the fixed front lower mopar arms 68322798AA be sufficient or should I go the adjustable arms route?

also, are new extended sway bar end links needed?

purpose would be for a daily driver and maybe 5 times a year up at Rausch Creek. I’m also going to add the fox 2.0 shocks 0-1.5 lift.

Thanks!
Sponsored

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
I really like adjustable because it leaves the door open for future mods and offers fine tuning of caster if needed. Shouldn’t need extended swaybar links but I would flex it to stops without springs on all four corners during install and check clearances. Are you installing?

OP
OP
Punkn89

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I really like adjustable because it leaves the door open for future mods and offers fine tuning of caster if needed. Shouldn’t need extended swaybar links but I would flex it to stops without springs on all four corners during install and check clearances. Are you installing?
I’ll probably have a shop install the pucks/shocks. I can install the links if necessary. I’m still leaning more towards the mopar route just because I don’t think I’ll need more caster than that not being on highly rated rubi springs. If I did go adjustable, I’d want the alpine and that might be overkill on spacers. I do think I’ll add in an adjustable front track bar however. Trying not to go too far down the rabbit hole this time around 😂

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I’d recommend sticking with the fixed ones. Links are not needed unless you go very long travel shocks. Save that money.
You can probably skip the track bar too, unless you lift 2”+.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yep, for your current situation and since your new shocks are the 0to1.5" Fox set you'll be in a happy place w/ the Mopar LCAs. I have the same setup and the same exact shocks on my Rubicon suspended Sport S 2dr and I can run down the road (if there's no crosswinds) w/barely a finger on the wheel at 80 mph :)
If you haven't got your shocks yet this is where I got mine, excellent price and seller (fresh dates on the shocks and 3day ship). Looks like they went up $40/pr since I ordered mine, but maybe still a good deal??
https://www.ebay.com/itm/175183905443?hash=item28c9c642a3:g:DtkAAOSwqTNg5wSi
https://www.ebay.com/itm/175183905458?hash=item28c9c642b2:g:yKYAAOSwRilg5guI

OP
OP
Punkn89

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Last question (for now) - do I need the falcon bump stops only running 33's or would the spacers alone suffice?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Last question (for now) - do I need the falcon bump stops only running 33's or would the spacers alone suffice?
If you're running 12.5x33 tires you'll probably need bump stops under full flex if you mount those tires on the stock wheels. If you go w/ a 8.5" wheel in the zero to negative offset range you should be ok. If you run the almost 33 Rubicon 285/70/17 you'll have more room since it's over an inch narrower and a bit shorter.

OP
OP
Punkn89

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
If you're running 12.5x33 tires you'll probably need bump stops under full flex if you mount those tires on the stock wheels. If you go w/ a 8.5" wheel in the zero to negative offset range you should be ok. If you run the almost 33 Rubicon 285/70/17 you'll have more room since it's over an inch narrower and a bit shorter.
just the answer I was looking for, thank you very much!

Sponsored

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
I know 10.5" wide 33's (255/80R17) don't rub anywhere, even with sway bars disconnected and the longer Fox shocks. Might be an issue with 12.5 wide. Keeping it stock width really helps clearance.

Running the Gladiator LCA's, right at 6 degrees caster, runs down the road with two fingers holding a spoke running down the freeway at 80. Like Binewt said, except in high winds.

Really happy with it, drives nicer than stock.

OP
OP
Punkn89

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I know 10.5" wide 33's (255/80R17) don't rub anywhere, even with sway bars disconnected and the longer Fox shocks. Might be an issue with 12.5 wide. Keeping it stock width really helps clearance.

Running the Gladiator LCA's, right at 6 degrees caster, runs down the road with two fingers holding a spoke running down the freeway at 80. Like Binewt said, except in high winds.

Really happy with it, drives nicer than stock.
I’ll be running the stock Sahara wheels on 285/70r18 baja boss tires, should be fine. I surprisingly dig the Sahara wheels look this generation too - added plus.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Pretty much every aftermarket arm will flex better than the Mopar arms AND provide adjustability. Every aftermarket arm I can think of has either a flex joint or a high misalignment rubber joint (metal cloak for example) at at least one end. Even a stock height Jeep will benefit from better control arms and better/longer shocks. The mopar arms are cheap for a reason, no stronger or more flexible than stock arms and only 1/4” longer.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pretty much every aftermarket arm will flex better than the Mopar arms AND provide adjustability. Every aftermarket arm I can think of has either a flex joint or a high misalignment rubber joint (metal cloak for example) at at least one end. Even a stock height Jeep will benefit from better control arms and better/longer shocks. The mopar arms are cheap for a reason, no stronger or more flexible than stock arms and only 1/4” longer.
Actually the Mopar lift LCAs are quite a bit heavier (much heavier than just the 1/4" longer would justify) and have improved bushings. They aren't the bees knees, but they are a rather substantial improvement over the OEM LCAs.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Actually the Mopar lift LCAs are quite a bit heavier (much heavier than just the 1/4" longer would justify) and have improved bushings. They aren't the bees knees, but they are a rather substantial improvement over the OEM LCAs.
Still light weight and inflexible compared to any quality arms I’ve ever installed. The rock crawler arms have 90° of misalignment and are probably 4 times the weight of the stockers. The metal cloak arms offer 68° of misalignment if you prefer maintenance free rubber bushings. The Mopar arms on the other hand likely won’t ever see 10° of misalignment without complete failure.
Sponsored