Sponsored

What does the first dial next to the headlight switch do?

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S SG
What does the first dial do next to the headlight switch. The second one controls the gauge dimmer. But I can not get the first dial to do anything .

IMG_20180514_223135.jpg
Sponsored

Sponsored

JlRubi18

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon
It lights up the foot area in the front seats.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
On my Sport S, it does not do anything to the foot lighting.

It does, however, change the intensity of the light in the door handles. Maybe the cupholders? But I have noticed that it changes the door handle lighting. It has to be dark outside before you even notice it, however. It's basically a useless dial.

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Dispenses and oil slick.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
On my Sport S, it does not do anything to the foot lighting.

It does, however, change the intensity of the light in the door handles. Maybe the cupholders? But I have noticed that it changes the door handle lighting. It has to be dark outside before you even notice it, however. It's basically a useless dial.
There are lights in the door handles? What the heck? Probably not in the base Sport model with manual locks.

So it doesn't adjust the interior dome light at all?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
There are lights in the door handles? What the heck? Probably not in the base Sport model with manual locks.

So it doesn't adjust the interior dome light at all?
No, the dome lights are controlled by the far right dial. The left dial seemingly did nothing on my Jeep, but after reading some forum posts I waited until it got dark and tried it again and noticed that the door handle lighting is controlled by that dial. It's possible the cup holder lighting is too. I didn't notice the footwell lighting change at all.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
No, the dome lights are controlled by the far right dial. The left dial seemingly did nothing on my Jeep, but after reading some forum posts I waited until it got dark and tried it again and noticed that the door handle lighting is controlled by that dial. It's possible the cup holder lighting is too. I didn't notice the footwell lighting change at all.
Mine seemed to be the opposite. I noticed a change in the level of the footwell lighting, but no change anywhere else.