Sponsored

Dealers now demanding a new $170 contract with tire size flash!

OP
OP
BBDOC

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
I just hate it how 99% of dealers give the other 1% a bad name.
Not sure if they are bad or the first ones to follow through with some new warranty addendum. Still interested to see if any one else since may 8th has had issues with the flash. I spoke to FCA and it’s not just this dealership, according to their representative.
Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Is it just me or does it seem FCA is milking this puppy for all it’s got. Not saying that’s necessarily bad. I believe in free market but dam this is getting ridiculous. I’m still not sure why delivery is $1,400 to my area. Was closer to $1k at launch and last I checked same quoted in KBB. Guessing, just cost of doing smiles. :(

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Who knows what dealers can do nowadays. At the Ford dealership I used to go to with my powerstrokes they told a guy that change the air filter to a aftermarket K&N Filter the ones that you sprayed it and kept it oiled with the oil he was on his own. The turbo got trashed through and blew up. Said it let too much air in and trash and it wasn't kept oiled and because of the change the air filter trash got in and trashed the turbo. He was out thousands of dollars Ford did nothing for him he lost that battle. If they want to screw you then they will screw you. I don't trust myself to know how to do that. I know you'll say it easier to work and it walks you through step-by-step I saw the video on YouTube of the guy using it the taser but I don't trust myself to do it LOL

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
At the dealership now getting my rubicon flashed for the new 35” tires I installed. I was told $130 to flash by 2 different dealerships. Made an appointment and here for the flash. After waiting an hour they show me a new contract from FCA that I have to sign before they will flash it. The cost of this one time contract is $170 as of 5/8/2018. So, now $300 for the flash to keep all your warranties intact.:angry: Crazy FCA! Money, Money, Money. Anyone else running into this new FCA bulletin?
Correction $175
My Rubi is due to arrive this week. Are you telling me that if I change tire size to 315-70-17 I have to give them $300 to flash or void warranty?

Sponsored

Homer

First Name
Geral Hasten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2017 Chevy ZR2 diesel
For $300 you could buy one of the available flash devices and do it yourself, as well as a host of other features. Tazer JL and Superchips are both available now.
But did I read $300 to keep your warranty intact was included?

OP
OP
BBDOC

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Rubi is due to arrive this week. Are you telling me that if I change tire size to 315-70-17 I have to give them $300 to flash or void warranty?
That’s what happened to me. I was told ~$130 for the flash by multiple dealers. Made an appointment and when I was there they told me that there is a new warranty clause I needed. $175 one time fee so it would not affect my lifetime warranty or paid maintenance. So, for me it was $175 and $130=$305. Let me know if any one has had this issue since the 8th of May as this was the new bulletin date from FCA.

OP
OP
BBDOC

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your warranty is fine using the tazer. It does exactly what the dealer would do.
I was going to purchase the taser myself. They (the dealership and the FCA rep I called) told me that if this addendum is not signed and documented for the larger tires I may have an issue later. As per others on this thread it is up to them (FCA and the dealership) to prove your flashing had something to do with your electrical or mechanical problem. I am not willing to take the chance and have an issue that may void my warranty coverage. So, I paid the $305.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I was going to purchase the taser myself. They (the dealership and the FCA rep I called) told me that if this addendum is not signed and documented for the larger tires I may have an issue later. As per others on this thread it is up to them (FCA and the dealership) to prove your flashing had something to do with your electrical or mechanical problem. I am not willing to take the chance and have an issue that may void my warranty coverage. So, I paid the $305.
Of course they told you something that would get you to pay them 300 dollars. Why wouldn't they?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BBDOC

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True. I was going to leave, as I had an appointment at a different dealership the next day. But, FCA rep confirmed what I was told. I know everyone can make whatever choice they want with their money and their vehicle. I am interested to see if anyone else is being told the same thing since May 8th?

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
Pardon my ignorance, but is there any harm in NOT flashing after increasing tire size?

My speedo was off in my TJ but it didn't bother me one bit.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Pardon my ignorance, but is there any harm in NOT flashing after increasing tire size?

My speedo was off in my TJ but it didn't bother me one bit.
Going with larger tires you mileage is going to show more mileage on the Jeep than it really has. This flash is not only for the speedometer but also for correct odometer calculation.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Going with larger tires you mileage is going to show more mileage on the Jeep than it really has. This flash is not only for the speedometer but also for correct odometer calculation.
Isn’t it the opposite? Bigger tires means less rotations less miles?