Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
I still have an order in for one and I was a fairly early reservation holder. 2dr Badlands with the V6, Sasquatch package and the body colored top that has been kicked back several times. With all the production delays and allocation shenanigans I still have no idea when it'll ever get built. So, I bought my JLR. I was done with waiting and looking at another summer not taking the trips that I'd planned. The JL is definitely much easier to live with day to day than any other Jeep I'd had experience with. It grew on me pretty quick and I've been spending the down payment money I'd tucked away for the Bronco on modding the Wrangler. So, who knows if I'll actually end up buying the Bronco🤷🏼‍♂️. At this point, the Jeep has the lead and it would be up to Ford to win my money back and that's looking less likely the longer I'm riding in something else.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Another post to increase views on a YouTube channel. You caught me, I guess because I was hoping to just reply with "Yes, you should buy one." I must just be an old fart that is too brand loyal and will never even look at a competitor for my crawling rig. The constant questions of should I buy a Bronco or "Goodbye, I am going to sell my Jeep for something else are cries for attention. Your comparison was strictly on speed over gravel roads and on the road... Buyers that look to either the Bronco or the Jeep for 0-60 performance are missing the point of the purpose these are built for. Just my opinion, I am fine with getting flamed for it on a "Jeep" forum...
Hey Jason,

I use videos to showcase products, discuss vehicles, whatever the topic as I feel they are a great medium for this. They require a huge commitment of time, energy and resource to put together.

I was thinking some of my fellow Jeepers on this forum might find my perspective on the two vehicles interesting viewing. There's more to my perspective in the video than just the impromptu race. That was a spur of the moment decision born out of my own curiosity. I love the performance of my 2.0L turbo JL and wanted to see how these two vehicles perform in a side by side race. I know that is far from an apples to apples comparison.

Appreciate you taking the time the post your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
At 1st glance I thought you said "but like my wife, boy are they ever ugly.." :)
LOL...No no no...She is very beautiful.. ;) 58 years of marriage here. And boy did I ever luck out...:)

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
The wannabe stench would be to much for my original type of guy senses.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Hey Jason,

I use videos to showcase products, discuss vehicles, whatever the topic as I feel they are a great medium for this. They require a huge commitment of time, energy and resource to put together.

I was thinking some of my fellow Jeepers on this forum might find my perspective on the two vehicles interesting viewing. There's more to my perspective in the video than just the impromptu race. That was a spur of the moment decision born out of my own curiosity. I love the performance of my 2.0L turbo JL and wanted to see how these two vehicles perform in a side by side race. I know that is far from an apples to apples comparison.

Appreciate you taking the time the post your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven
I appreciate your comment and ability to take feedback. I understand the work that goes into your videos. I can't imagine stopping what I am doing to adjust camera's or take notes during rides or installations. I am sure the video's help others. With that said, even your reply included self promotion. Seems like these posts should end up in a separate forum where Youtubers looking to garnish views post and possibly pay a fee.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
No offense, but this is a JL Wrangler Forum
This is my go to for information regarding all things Jeep & my new JLURD
If someone owns a Bronco, good for them, but there are plenty of other sites to post this on

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
No offense, but this is a JL Wrangler Forum
This is my go to for information regarding all things Jeep & my new JLURD
If someone owns a Bronco, good for them, but there are plenty of other sites to post this on
No offense taken at all brother! This is my go to forum as well and have always enjoyed/valued the information and open exchanges found here. I'm 100% a Jeep enthusiast.

The point I made in the video was that it was great we have the new Bronco in the marketplace as it makes our Jeeps better via competition. Case in point, for years we were told by Jeep that a Hemi would not fit in a Wrangler, it wouldn't pass a head on collision test, etc.. Well, the Bronco becomes a reality and boom, we get the 392.

I'm not switching to the Bronco and I'm thrilled it's here to bring true competition and therefore improvement to the Wrangler. As Jeep enthusiasts, we can all look forward to that riight? That was ultimately the point of my video for those who did not actually view it.

-Steven

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
No offense taken at all brother! This is my go to forum as well and have always enjoyed/valued the information and open exchanges found here. I'm 100% a Jeep enthusiast.

The point I made in the video was that it was great we have the new Bronco in the marketplace as it makes our Jeeps better via competition. Case in point, for years we were told by Jeep that a Hemi would not fit in a Wrangler, it wouldn't pass a head on collision test, etc.. Well, the Bronco becomes a reality and boom, we get the 392.

I'm not switching to the Bronco and I'm thrilled it's here to bring true competition and therefore improvement to the Wrangler. As Jeep enthusiasts, we can all look forward to that riight? That was ultimately the point of my video for those who did not actually view it.

-Steven
Sorry wasn't meant to be mean or offensive
I certainly understand the appeal of the Bronco & considered it, before purchasing my 1st ever Jeep
Hence how I found this site. This site has been most helpful as a guide for me
I've seen other posts about Broncos vs Jeeps, etc etc
I'm just burned out on that and want to focus on what I have at this time
No offense was intended
Best of luck

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Yes, don't even bother trying it for yourself.... you should blindly trust a stranger from the internet and buy one immediately. No matter the cost. DO. IT. NOW!!!

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Do their door hinges bubble and melt? Will they honor their corrosion warranty? I'm on my first ever Jeep JL now. I absolutely love driving it especially now that summer is here. Never in my life did I want a convertible. This changed my mind. I bring up the paint issue compared to Ford because I just had my doors/hinges repainted. The engineering design is crap. If it weren't, we wouldn't all be having this problem. I've never owned an FCA before this. Been a GM dedicated guy for 27 years with only 2 exceptions. I buy cars every couple years, usually new. My wife gets the same treatment. The paint issues is enough for me to go somewhere else.
My family has very little brand loyalty... my mom likes Lexus and my brother prefers Mercedes. I do like German brands the most... but throughout the years, we've had Plymouth, Chevy, Ford, Datsun/Nissan, Oldsmobile, Mercury, Pontiac, Mazda, Honda, Infiniti, Dodge, Jeep, Mercedes, Subaru, Porsche, Jaguar, Saab, Tesla, Chrysler, Toyota... the Chrysler products have been by far the worst in terms of build quality, material, reliability, etc... my current JL is by far the best built Chrsyler product anybody in my family has ever owned... I do love the Jeep, and I do have high hopes... but I'd feel better if Toyota built it.

Sponsored

Stalefish

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I put in an order for an Outer Banks Sasquatch maxed-out with options with the soft top back in January '22. I test drove the dealer model (way high-end Wildtrack $86k) and really really liked it. Quick motor (if it doesn't blow a valve) and I'm obsessed with the looks with the top down and doors off. I know I 'll get hate for it, but IDC.

As of today no VIN yet and I'm being told I may not get one till Dec. So I went out and got a 2018 JLU Rubicon last week and god damn I love this rig. There's this great community I was unaware of (for the most part). I can't wait to do some overlanding or simple offroading soon.

I may just pass on my Bronco order...

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
Yeah, I wouldn't trade my Jeep in for that overrated vehicle, never purchase a first year, second that soft top with it's krinkle is ridiculous, rear windshield wiper shouldn't even be there, I could go on, but won't. Good presentation however thanks. Keep the Jeep wave going.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Yeah, I wouldn't trade my Jeep in for that overrated vehicle, never purchase a first year, second that soft top with it's krinkle is ridiculous, rear windshield wiper shouldn't even be there, I could go on, but won't. Good presentation however thanks. Keep the Jeep wave going.
✌🏻

-Steven

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
The amount of complaining about a posted video was truly spectacular. Clearly a down time on the Internet. Good video, thanks for your thoughts.
Sponsored