Farrish_CDJR

Farrish_CDJR

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
isnt the father of al dealerships KOONS in your area? I'm bad at geography and he might not but you match their doc fees so they could very well be. Anyway, Koons the leader of sales in the US doesnt have it. If you compare with small mom and pop no inventory dealer, dealer that sell 2 cars a week than yes you could be right
They sure do have freight charge. Look, we aren't here to bash on another competitor or talk down on anyone here. We are simply doing everything we can on our end to assist our clients who's been tired of paying msrp or msrp+

Koons is a great dealership and absolutely killing it with the sales! Here's the link of their Wrangler. maybe you can read their disclaimer when you get a moment.

https://www.koonsjeep.com/new/Jeep/...irfax-VA-58036ef10a0e094a500eb10d0bd73baf.htm

Still, Thank you for your feedback Noway!
Sponsored

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
They sure do have freight charge. Look, we aren't here to bash on another competitor or talk down on anyone here. We are simply doing everything we can on our end to assist our clients who's been tired of paying msrp or msrp+

Koons is a great dealership and absolutely killing it with the sales! Here's the link of their Wrangler. maybe you can read their disclaimer when you get a moment.

https://www.koonsjeep.com/new/Jeep/...irfax-VA-58036ef10a0e094a500eb10d0bd73baf.htm

Still, Thank you for your feedback Noway!
off the lot or dealer allocation and factory orders are 2 different things
They dont charge extra for freight on top on the MSRP on factory orders. How do I know? I picked up from them

You can charge whatever but be transparent. Why did we have to find out of extra fees from yelp reviews when you couldve just said it in OP
"we offer this much off, our fees are that much, you have to finance to get some or all of the discount and we add extra this many fees...." this way nobody is wasting anyones time and you'll get only commited buyers that are ok with your terms
Took us 48 hours to pull the terms of the deal from you

Last edited:
OP
OP
Farrish_CDJR

Farrish_CDJR

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They dont charge extra for freight on top on the MSRP on factory orders. How do I know? I picked up from them

You can charge whatever but be transparent. Why did we have to find out of extra fees from yelp reviews when you couldve just said it in OP
"we offer this much off, our fees are that much, you have to finance to get some or all of the discount and we add extra this many fees...." this way nobody is wasting anyones time and you'll get only commited buyers that are ok with your terms
We can go around and find bad reviews in any car dealerships as you know.
Yes. In stock vs factory orders are 2 different things. But I'm not sure where you got the confusion that we do not add freight on top on our factory order specials?

OP
OP
Farrish_CDJR

Farrish_CDJR

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

What 48 hours? What is your name? I'd love to look into your profile and see where/ If anything went wrong.

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
What 48 hours? What is your name? I'd love to look into your profile and see where/ If anything went wrong.
you posted this on Wedesday and today is Friday...48 hours
Freight charge is a new charge to me and I picked up from Chapman, Koons, DanCummins, Granger and some obscure dealers in AZ and NM. Never heard an extra freight charge. Might be the norm where you are but you have to list it in OP if you charge it
looks like it's a hefty charge too 1.5k+ some dealers calls it ADM you just call it freight...RAM /Jeep/ Stellantis overall has freight, delivers the car to you fee, included in MSRP , why charge it twice?

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
isnt the father of al dealerships KOONS in your area? I'm bad at geography and he might not but you match their doc fees so they could very well be. Anyway, Koons the leader of sales in the US doesnt have it. If you compare with small mom and pop no inventory dealer, dealer that sell 2 cars a week than yes you could be right
Back in 2017 my dad bought a Sahara from Koons and the way they had the destination charge was very deceptive. On Jeep's website, an identically spec'd vehicle had the freight totaled into the total MSRP, but at Koons, it was later added on top of MSRP after receiving a quote and tacked on to the price after discount as if it was a tax or processing fee. Never had that occur with vehicles bought in other states and I distinctly remember us both being quite pissed about it. It was essentially a double charge for the destination fee. Not sure if they've changed anything since then, but I recall reading similar complaints in their online reviews at the time.

(Ie, Koon's MSRP = Jeep's MSRP w/freight - discounts + freight and other fees)

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Back in 2017 my dad bought a Sahara from Koons and the way they had the destination charge was very deceptive. On Jeep's website, an identically spec'd vehicle had the freight totaled into the total MSRP, but at Koons, it was later added on top of MSRP after receiving a quote and tacked on to the price after discount as if it was a tax or processing fee. Never had that occur with vehicles bought in other states and I distinctly remember us both being quite pissed about it. It was essentially a double charge for the destination fee. Not sure if they've changed anything since then, but I recall reading similar complaints in their online reviews at the time.

(Ie, Koon's MSRP = Jeep's MSRP w/freight - discounts + freight and other fees)
ohh well, they dont have it for factory orders. Havent seen it mentioned in any of their threads nor did they charge me it. Koons just got investigated for overcharging on taxes and found guilty and fined. What Koons does is charging .17% VA business tax which is taxation without representation for out of state buyers but at the end of the day is pennies compared with what this dealer wants on dealer freight after the freight was added to MSRP by stellantis already.
Now that consumers know they can take an educated decision. As I said, charge the moon and the sun but disclose it because nobody likes surprises after they wait months for their build

OP
OP
Farrish_CDJR

Farrish_CDJR

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ohh well, they dont have it for factory orders. Havent seen it mentioned in any of their threads nor did they charge me it. Koons just got investigated for overcharging on taxes and found guilty and fined. What Koons does is charging .17% VA business tax which is taxation without representation for out of state buyers but at the end of the day is pennies compared with what this dealer wants on dealer freight after the freight was added to MSRP by stellantis already.
Now that consumers know they can take an educated decision. As I said, charge the moon and the sun but disclose it because nobody likes surprises after they wait months for their build
Thank you for the feedback. As whole new management came in early 2018 and we've been striking for 100% satisfaction. When you're back in market, check back with us 😎

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Thank you for the feedback. As whole new management came in early 2018 and we've been striking for 100% satisfaction. When you're back in market, check back with us 😎
if you are competitive enough I sure will...This forums are not going to bring you loyal customers but rather frugal ones. If you want volume you come here, if you want to charge bogus fees promising white glove delivery you'll be dissapointed . Good luck to you

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
ohh well, they dont have it for factory orders. Havent seen it mentioned in any of their threads nor did they charge me it.
Yeah, this was something off their lot with pricing received via email/phone. Just remember it being a 'surprise' fee over $1,000 that we weren't aware of until we arrived from out of state.

Imo, if manufacturer MSRP includes freight/destination, then dealer MSRP should as well (or at the very least, they should lower MSRP by that amount and itemize it later, rather than double charging that amount or pretending there's a certain discount that really isn't there).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Farrish_CDJR

Farrish_CDJR

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you are competitive enough I sure will...This forums are not going to bring you loyal customers but rather frugal ones. If you want volume you come here, if you want to charge bogus fees promising white glove delivery you'll be dissapointed . Good luck to you
Great feedback and we agree 100%
Main point of us doing this is, we want to help out the community in this tough time we're facing. and we absolutely would love to spread out our company name as well. 👍

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
We can go around and find bad reviews in any car dealerships as you know.
Yes. In stock vs factory orders are 2 different things. But I'm not sure where you got the confusion that we do not add freight on top on our factory order specials?
If the factory charges us $1595 to ship the Jeep, why do we pay the dealer a freight charge? My Jeep was delivered directly to the dealerhip, there should be no additional freight charge if the dealer didn't transport it. My dealership did not charge me any freight. Just more dishonestly from car dealers. They cannot be trusted at all. Feel free to try to justify why you need to add the freight charge for a Jeep that I already paid shipping charges.

Last edited:
Reactions: AFD

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Yeah, this was something off their lot with pricing received via email/phone. Just remember it being a 'surprise' fee over $1,000 that we weren't aware of until we arrived from out of state.

Imo, if manufacturer MSRP includes freight/destination, then dealer MSRP should as well (or at the very least, they should lower MSRP by that amount and itemize it later, rather than double charging that amount or pretending there's a certain discount that really isn't there).
Some dealer seen the benefits of the volum sales. Not only it increases their dealer allocation but Stellantis has several tiers where the more volume you have the best incentives you get ..plus you can become a power broker and dip into performance addons on Dodge and hopefully on TRX ( i own a TRX). Making extra couple of hundred on a car with deciving tactics is trivial vs what you can get by moving inventory . Internet/social media is a new playground and some are taking advantage of it faster or better than others.

ALT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Farrish is offering a $0 deposit - that's clearly a benefit for the customer. 👍 I would have given them a shot if this offer was available when I was buying.

@Farrish_CDJR can you clarify if you apply the 6% below invoice discount to the MSRP freight? It does not sound like you are adding a second freight charge but knowing this will clear the confusion.

And how much discount do you lose if you do not finance through the dealership?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.