OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

Brew20MJO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Ocean Blue Metallic
I just noticed that my rear tow hook is black. I’ve seen pictures of others that are red. Is mine suppose to be red?? I have a rubicon that has the steel bumper package.
Sponsored

vf171ohio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Overland, Cherokee, Sonata, Altima
Occupation
Quality Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Well I went to G status sometime last week. I did my weekly check in and on Saturday I was informed it was in Trim (G).

Today it went to KZLD In Transit-Delay.

Ordered 4/28

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
According to Jeep Cares, Ours is still in "Inspection" I asked how long it could be there and was told up to 30 days. We've been there for 13 days so far. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think "Inspection" is code for something is wrong and it couldn't easily be fixed so it was set aside to figure how to patch the problem. I expect that 30 number to turn into 60 according to the HORROR stories I'm reading with transportation once it's released. My cutoff for waiting will be July 1st and if it's a no show then a 2019 it is. Maybe by then they will get their $h!Y together. I was told in March, by my dealer, they were running no more than 6 weeks for an order to show. 14 weeks is too long to be paying premium for a 2018 when the 2019 is just a few months around the corner from then. I do admit liking that blue but my first choice was the Punkin when it was a copper hue and then Mojito when it was advertised as metallic. FCA is so unorganized in every aspect of their org. That was my rant for the day...

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
According to Jeep Cares, Ours is still in "Inspection" I asked how long it could be there and was told up to 30 days. We've been there for 13 days so far. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think "Inspection" is code for something is wrong and it couldn't easily be fixed so it was set aside to figure how to patch the problem. I expect that 30 number to turn into 60 according to the HORROR stories I'm reading with transportation once it's released. My cutoff for waiting will be July 1st and if it's a no show then a 2019 it is. Maybe by then they will get their $h!Y together. I was told in March, by my dealer, they were running no more than 6 weeks for an order to show. 14 weeks is too long to be paying premium for a 2018 when the 2019 is just a few months around the corner from then. I do admit liking that blue but my first choice was the Punkin when it was a copper hue and then Mojito when it was advertised as metallic. FCA is so unorganized in every aspect of their org. That was my rant for the day...
Keep on them, most people who have been in inspection for extended period of time have a rebuild. The problem is I think is that Jeep is literally building these as fast as they can and they are selling like crazy so there are no extra time or parts to "fix" the problem ones. Or delivery the soft tops that I and several others are waiting for. Just a hunch.

Sponsored

Yldman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (FOR SALE!)
It's finally built! :clap: Got the build sheet and went to JS status today. Now, I wait some more...:ontheloo:

Moytz

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK
Well I went to G status sometime last week. I did my weekly check in and on Saturday I was informed it was in Trim (G).

Today it went to KZLD In Transit-Delay.

Ordered 4/28
I went in the same spot as you also.. hopefully the waiting isnt long

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Fellow Jeep Owners,

I am seriously worried. I had an ETA for my JLUR for 5/22-5/26. It is on my dealer’s website as “in transit”. However, Jeep chat now says no ETA. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what was the cause? Thank you for calming my fears in advance!
This exact thing happened to me, then like the next day or two it arrived.

Rigby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubi OB
I just noticed that my rear tow hook is black. I’ve seen pictures of others that are red. Is mine suppose to be red?? I have a rubicon that has the steel bumper package.
I wonder if they changed it to black because of the raised white BFGs. Because it would totally make sense to do that. ;)

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Keep on them, most people who have been in inspection for extended period of time have a rebuild. The problem is I think is that Jeep is literally building these as fast as they can and they are selling like crazy so there are no extra time or parts to "fix" the problem ones. Or delivery the soft tops that I and several others are waiting for. Just a hunch.
So, after being in Inspection "I" for 17 days, I was finally told it was the wrong hood. Which on a Rubi I could see. I'm not sure why it took so long to tell me, or to unbolt it and put on the right one, but, who knows. They also say it will move quickly once it gets out of this status. I'll let everyone know how that goes.

I ordered on 3/2/18, needless to say, it'll be 11 weeks Friday.

Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
So, after being in Inspection "I" for 17 days, I was finally told it was the wrong hood. Which on a Rubi I could see. I'm not sure why it took so long to tell me, or to unbolt it and put on the right one, but, who knows. They also say it will move quickly once it gets out of this status. I'll let everyone know how that goes.

I ordered on 3/2/18, needless to say, it'll be 11 weeks Friday.
That is good news. I ordered janJanu 30th and got it Cinco de mayo... And I still wouldn't have it if I wasn't on them like stink on poo. So just stay on them.

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MB SLK280; 2015 Acura MDX; 2006 Nissan Armada
Occupation
Pharmacist
I'm glad to see someone else in utah has an OB Rubi. I won't be alone. I'm glad to be #2. Mine comes in next week.
This exact thing happened to me, then like the next day or two it arrived.
Thank you, Jesse! That makes me feel better. Here’s hoping I have delivered Rubicon pics to post soon!

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Whoop Whoop!! Its in the dealers website now. Yay!!! Just a few more ??? days, weeks who knows.

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 9.57.07 PM.png
Unless it’s marked sold, put in a lower offer on it !!! Who knows :rock: