Installed Valkyrie Rubicon Hood Vents Today

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Cut up pre filter fabric to keep debris out. Used 275f cloth tape so engine heat should be no problem. Cut hood pad. Forgive format on mobile

PXL_20220614_174533181.jpg

PXL_20220614_181227799.jpg

PXL_20220614_184820827.jpg

PXL_20220614_190144231.jpg

PXL_20220614_190347820.jpg

PXL_20220614_190436123.jpg

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Where does the passenger side vent end up in relation to the battery? Would it expose it to a lot of rain water? That was my main hesitation with this.

I was considering this because my hood solar panel control unit often goes into overtemp mode after the engine is turned off and it's still hot with no fan.

OP
OP
WilhelmSR

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Where does the passenger side vent end up in relation to the battery? Would it expose it to a lot of rain water? That was my main hesitation with this.

I was considering this because my hood solar panel control unit often goes into overtemp mode after the engine is turned off and it's still hot with no fan.
That's the purpose of the pre filter. I set it up to still use the hood pad to drain down the side as it side. Plus I covered my battery terminals in dialectic grease. You should do that anyways.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

I have the Cascadia one but it's the smaller Rubicon version. How do you know it's in "overtemp mode"?
Also, can you just prop your hood open after you shut it off for a few min?

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Cascadia one but it's the smaller Rubicon version. How do you know it's in "overtemp mode"?
Also, can you just prop your hood open after you shut it off for a few min?
Red LED in medium speed blink. And by touch. It's obviously hot. Yes, propping your hood open cools it quickly, but do you really want that to be part of your routine?

Sponsored

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
I have been considering these for a while now. Have you been tracking engine temperatures during different types of driving? If so would love to hear if this had any impact, up or down.

Thanks

OP
OP
WilhelmSR

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I have been considering these for a while now. Have you been tracking engine temperatures during different types of driving? If so would love to hear if this had any impact, up or down.

Thanks
Definitely made a difference. Drove 150 miles non stop the other day. Pre filters stayed no problem, engine/radiator temp needle is lower than ever. Middle of half and tick below it. Love them so far

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Red LED in medium speed blink. And by touch. It's obviously hot. Yes, propping your hood open cools it quickly, but do you really want that to be part of your routine?
Ahh, of course, never thought of actually looking at the module. Granted, mine is purely a trickle charger for the shitty battery system.

What does Cascadia say about it doing that?

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh, of course, never thought of actually looking at the module. Granted, mine is purely a trickle charger for the shitty battery system.

What does Cascadia say about it doing that?
It shuts off automatically so it doesn't cause any voltage or battery issues. In general it isn't helpful to its lifespan. Or the adhesive sticking it to the air intake as Cascadia suggests.
Sponsored