Sponsored

After waiting 110 days for my JL to show up, I took it for a swim!

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
17x9 with a 4.5" backspace.

I am going with 17x9 Method 105 beads.
Another good looking wheel!! Make sure you post up some pics when you get them on!! :like:
Sponsored

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
Did the interior stay dry? I keep looking for JL carpet removal tips. Wondering if the seat wiring or any other is an issue. I'm at 105 days anxious and still counting. Dealer says arrival between the 16 and 26th. This is the hardest order wait ever!

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Did the interior stay dry? I keep looking for JL carpet removal tips. Wondering if the seat wiring or any other is an issue. I'm at 105 days anxious and still counting. Dealer says arrival between the 16 and 26th. This is the hardest order wait ever!
I had the Mopar all weather mats installed. And had the drain plug in place in the mats themselves.

And yes, water got in from the drain port.

I removed the carpet under both seating areas. It all removes without removing anything else. There are perforated tear areas where you have to separate the carpet that wraps around certain things. You'll feel the perforation when you get there.

I have since just kept the drain plugs in the floor itself. And the mat's drain ports just sit on top.

EROCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Worth the wait? Congrats btw!

Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Off topic but congrats on finally getting the jeep - I know it was "stuck" forever.

Phone mount, what is that? I have a small iottie that I put on the driver's side windshield but looking for something for the top of the dash....

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Off topic but congrats on finally getting the jeep - I know it was "stuck" forever.

Phone mount, what is that? I have a small iottie that I put on the driver's side windshield but looking for something for the top of the dash....
Thanks!

Yeah it's a magnetic mount. Used it for a few previous cars I have had.

Adhesive on the mount side. Phone has a slim metal plate inside the case (you can also just stick it to the phone itself).

Works perfectly.

I have the older version - the new one looks a little cleaner.

https://www.scosche.com/magicmount-pro-dash

Their sample picture is how I have mine mounted in the JL.

upload_2018-5-3_16-19-20.png

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks!

Yeah it's a magnetic mount. Used it for a few previous cars I have had.

Adhesive on the mount side. Phone has a slim metal plate inside the case (you can also just stick it to the phone itself).

Works perfectly.

I have the older version - the new one looks a little cleaner.

https://www.scosche.com/magicmount-pro-dash

Their sample picture is how I have mine mounted in the JL.

upload_2018-5-3_16-19-20.png
Does having a metal plate and magnet right behind your phone affect it? Have you used compass for anything since and gotten good results

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Does having a metal plate and magnet right behind your phone affect it? Have you used compass for anything since and gotten good results
That's a negative.

There have been various tests done over the years refuting any claims that magnets/metal affect the phone itself.

They used to affect old-school hard-drives that had spinning discs inside. No affect on modern phones though.

I did read a bit into it as I too had that assumption.

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
I had the Mopar all weather mats installed. And had the drain plug in place in the mats themselves.

And yes, water got in from the drain port.

I removed the carpet under both seating areas. It all removes without removing anything else. There are perforated tear areas where you have to separate the carpet that wraps around certain things. You'll feel the perforation when you get there.

I have since just kept the drain plugs in the floor itself. And the mat's drain ports just sit on top.

Thanks for the reply. That's my plan too. Glad to know there are no wiring issues removing the carpet

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Awesome! Seemed to handle it just fine. Well done.

Can I ask what front bumper you're running?

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How was the install on the DV8 bumper? I've been looking at getting one of these. Were the lights plug in or did you have to splice them in and how was the fit on the bumper?

Thanks!

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
How was the install on the DV8 bumper? I've been looking at getting one of these. Were the lights plug in or did you have to splice them in and how was the fit on the bumper?

Thanks!
The bumper is heavy - especially with my `100 pound winch. I used two buddies to hold it in place as I bolted it down.

It was easy, other than the weight, of course.

I don't have the LED lights - the fogs bolted right up with no problems. I believe the LED lights have a different bolt pattern than the standard halogens do, so they might be an issue. I am not entirely sure though.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
The bumper is heavy - especially with my `100 pound winch. I used two buddies to hold it in place as I bolted it down.

It was easy, other than the weight, of course.

I don't have the LED lights - the fogs bolted right up with no problems. I believe the LED lights have a different bolt pattern than the standard halogens do, so they might be an issue. I am not entirely sure though.
Thanks for details on the bumper! As a follow up (sorry to hijack your thread into a thread about your bumper!), did you compare to the FS-13? I’m having trouble understanding the differences between the 13 and the 15.

It looks like the 19 might be getting phased out, and I had been planning on that but yours looks so good that now I’m considering it :)
Sponsored