Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yes, but the supply chain is not like a faucet you can just turn on and off. Some components, especially those from overseas, have a delay between order and delivery of months. Safer to be behind on customer orders rather than ahead when the economy us pointing to a longer, deeper recession than initially predicted.
I'm just saying that I've seen zero evidence that dealerships "get stuck" with Wranglers. I'd probably agree with you if their lots were full. That, however, has not been my experience for well over a year.
Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I'm just saying that I've seen zero evidence that dealerships "get stuck" with Wranglers. I'd probably agree with you if their lots were full. That, however, has not been my experience for well over a year.
I agree with past history, but the economy is slowing down. Even used car prices are dropping (I'm currently trying to sell my wife's '07 Acura TL-S). That with raising fuel prices and the Wrangler's less than stellar mpg, might be causing Jeep to take pause.

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
I was told back up sensors, blind side sensors were the issues with the chips and rubber mats was another issue.
Heard the same. My Willys was delivered without the rubber mats that are part of the package.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My Willys was delivered without the rubber mats that are part of the package.
Was a credit provided? Just curious.

Sponsored

Footprints

First Name
Cassidy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Unlimited; waiting on delivery of '22
I ordered my Hydro Blue Pearl '22 JLU Sahara with cold weather and all safety features, dual tops, no floor mats, on 2/7. Picked it up last Wednesday 5/18. It came in with a delivery of only Gladiators.

Whether or not it is true, I was told that Chrysler is building one model of vehicle at a time and delivering those out to all dealers at once. Last month was Gladiators (and my Wrangler. 🥳). I'm trying to get my mom to get a Cherokee and those are on the list being built and delivered next. Hoping she'll order one so it comes in before October when her lease is up.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
'22 orders will stop very soon and some will be built as 23's as said. Researching the forward collision mandate Jeep agreed to with the September 1 deadline someone suggested pretty much promises the '23's will start building on or before that date and is a great reason for the orders to start in June and the swiftly dwindling model and option availability we now see.
Awesome !!! - 2023's are coming very soon
2022 ? - don't even bother, may as well wait a couple more weeks

SeattleD

First Name
Derin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4xe
Just calling it Bronco Mountain now. Also, if it was built in ‘21 it’s still called a ‘21 no matter if you don’t get it till ’23. I think it all depends on the VIN.
Got my 2021 4xe brand new in February of 2022.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I ordered my Hydro Blue Pearl '22 JLU Sahara with cold weather and all safety features, dual tops, no floor mats, on 2/7. Picked it up last Wednesday 5/18. It came in with a delivery of only Gladiators.

Whether or not it is true, I was told that Chrysler is building one model of vehicle at a time and delivering those out to all dealers at once. Last month was Gladiators (and my Wrangler. 🥳). I'm trying to get my mom to get a Cherokee and those are on the list being built and delivered next. Hoping she'll order one so it comes in before October when her lease is up.
No, it's not true.

Morqtrs

First Name
Ke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubicon
Not sure about Jeep but Ford has tens of Thousands of Broncos sitting in fields and parking lots, unfinished. They called it "dirt mountain." Then when winter rolled around it was called "ice mountain." Not sure what they're calling it this spring.
Atleast ford is moving product! 12/10/21. Ordered a RubiconXr with all options....still waiting 5/23/22

Sponsored

Backroads

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4X4 Gas
It’s very slow. I ordered 1/29/22 still don’t have a build date. So 4 months and counting and we just sold our second car so we are a one car family until the Wrangler is built. We couldn’t hold off our buyer any longer and we got a great deal on the sale.
We ordered 2/28/22 and still have no schedule date either. JWUR '22, white with brown interior. Crazy!

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Just like the ruskie mil vehicles, I’m sure they can just grab some chips from dishwashers and get them up and running. At least that’s what the news is purporting lol.
That story is pure BS as you & I both are aware of. Funny though for sure!

HYDROBLU392

First Name
Seane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
We ordered 2/28/22 and still have no schedule date either. JWUR '22, white with brown interior. Crazy!
Yep we ordered a Hydro Blue 392 on 2/28/22 still waiting on build date. I’ve seen a lot of carriers full of Wranglers and Gladiators last couple days and there seems to be some on dealer lots I’ve been passing.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF

That’s one hell of a story he told you.

That’s not how things work. Imagine an automotive manufacturer shutting down entire plants for months at a time and only making X model at X factory(/factories) for that month and then changing/rotating every month to a different model.

Neat theory to try and justify to customers why it takes 3 to 5 months to get their new Jeeps though…so I credit him for his creativity 🤣
Sponsored