JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my 2022 JLUR snazzberry and drove it home 3 months later. Fully loaded and full of sensors. Everything works and it was 100% complete from the factory.

Don’t try to guess if an option will delay the build. Order it like you want it and be happy Jeep is not run by the idiots at Ford.

Jeep is not slowing down making Wranglers. 2022 numbers is the first three months so far.

9ACB677D-7BD1-497C-AF93-4F0384BCAD91.png
205k to 184k is the definition of slowing down.
Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
As a general “supply shortage” automotive trend, one thing to be wary of is the select de-contenting of vehicles. this allows the manufacture to reduce the number of processors and unique parts required, and ensure quicker and higher volume product delivery.

In some aspects, the lack of this content benefits the consumers. GM, for example, stopped adding automatic stop/start to some of their SUVs and trucks.

In most cases though, it’s just a cheapening of the vehicle. Ford Bronco’s, for example, no longer have digital temperature displays built into the control knob. Some BMWs are being built without Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which had been included in prior MY.

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
This might be obvious, but you might not realize that there are many that sell for below invoice. See the spreadsheet in my sig for details.
Very useful spreadsheet. Thank you for taking the time. I’m sure you have cost a few greedy dealers a few nights out at the Ritz.

Sponsored

ALK

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
Not sure about Jeep but Ford has tens of Thousands of Broncos sitting in fields and parking lots, unfinished. They called it "dirt mountain." Then when winter rolled around it was called "ice mountain." Not sure what they're calling it this spring.
As of last week they had 53,000 unfinished.

LongDriver

First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tuscadero JLU 4XE, 22 Snazzleberry JLU 4XE
Excellent. How many delivered to dealerships and fully operational would be what I am looking for.
A better indication of how many, if any, are mothballed, would be Built vs Delivered totals.
Any extra insight you can contribute, would be nice. Thanks.
Why would they mothball any Jeeps? They have a 3+ months of backlogged sold orders. They are trying to match the orders based on the parts that they have available and other production planning parameters. If they have sold orders that they can build and have the missing parts installed later with minimal re-work, they would build that and park it until the missing parts come in. I suspect that's an exception rather than the norm. Mine was built and waited 3 weeks for some missing parts.

I also suspect that if they had a match-set of parts that they can build but there was no matching sold customer order, they would just build that and allocate it to a dealer for stock inventory.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Excellent. How many delivered to dealerships and fully operational would be what I am looking for.
A better indication of how many, if any, are mothballed, would be Built vs Delivered totals.
Any extra insight you can contribute, would be nice. Thanks.
Why would any be mothballed?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I don't order mass market vehicles, only buy what I can take home right away.

But what concerns me is the persistent shortage of spare parts. If anything breaks on your Jeep, you may be waiting for quite sometime for a fix.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Maybe, but trying to find a horse to ride to work every day opens up a whole new set of challenges.
As we know, the only choice people have is a horse or a Wrangler.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Not sure about Jeep but Ford has tens of Thousands of Broncos sitting in fields and parking lots, unfinished. They called it "dirt mountain." Then when winter rolled around it was called "ice mountain." Not sure what they're calling it this spring.
I vote for " Kudzu Mountain"

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
May not be supply chain problems. Looking at financial results from retailers this quarter, inflation is starting to affect sales. Jeep may be throttling back production to prevent a glut if sales get cold. If you order a specific build that coincides with one they don't want to get stuck with, you may be waiting a while.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

May not be supply chain problems. Looking at financial results from retailers this quarter, inflation is starting to affect sales. Jeep may be throttling back production to prevent a glut if sales get cold. If you order a specific build that coincides with one they don't want to get stuck with, you may be waiting a while.
Get stuck with? Have you been to a Jeep dealership lately and seen how barren their lots are? At least that's what I've been seeing.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get stuck with? Have you been to a Jeep dealership lately and seen how barren their lots are? At least that's what I've been seeing.
Yes, but the supply chain is not like a faucet you can just turn on and off. Some components, especially those from overseas, have a delay between order and delivery of months. Safer to be behind on customer orders rather than ahead when the economy us pointing to a longer, deeper recession than initially predicted.
Sponsored