Sponsored

Are they still building Wranglers?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
With the chip shortages effecting all car companies, what are they doing with all the unfinished cars/trucks. I'm sure they didn't stop production, or even let it slow to a trickle. Have they been stock piling the vehicles, just waiting to have the chips plugged into them?? What about those vehicles that were 2022 models? Are they just going to call them 2023 models now, even though they have been sitting in a field or warehouse for a year, gathering dust?? Anyone have pictures of these vehicles, that are just sitting and waiting for chips?
Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I haven't heard of any Jeeps sitting waiting for chips. And most other vehicles (maybe save Broncos) are just being produced without certain, and non-essential options like cooled seats, back-up alert, etc.

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
With the chip shortages effecting all car companies, what are they doing with all the unfinished cars/trucks. I'm sure they didn't stop production, or even let it slow to a trickle. Have they been stock piling the vehicles, just waiting to have the chips plugged into them?? What about those vehicles that were 2022 models? Are they just going to call them 2023 models now, even though they have been sitting in a field or warehouse for a year, gathering dust?? Anyone have pictures of these vehicles, that are just sitting and waiting for chips?
Not sure about Jeep but Ford has tens of Thousands of Broncos sitting in fields and parking lots, unfinished. They called it "dirt mountain." Then when winter rolled around it was called "ice mountain." Not sure what they're calling it this spring.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I was told back up sensors, blind side sensors were the issues with the chips and rubber mats was another issue.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
I ordered my 2022 JLUR snazzberry and drove it home 3 months later. Fully loaded and full of sensors. Everything works and it was 100% complete from the factory.

Don’t try to guess if an option will delay the build. Order it like you want it and be happy Jeep is not run by the idiots at Ford.

Jeep is not slowing down making Wranglers. 2022 numbers is the first three months so far.

Jeep Wrangler JL Are they still building Wranglers? 9ACB677D-7BD1-497C-AF93-4F0384BCAD91

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Bird shit mountain, or by now, spotty clear coat mountain. Or perhaps weedwhacker mountain, assuming they're not letting the greenery grow up into all those paid customers vehicles.

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
Currently working with a dealer who says ordering is still open. We’ll see if it goes through.

CjMiller7

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Gobi XR
Placed an order for a Rubi XR (Gobi) at the end of March and it’s currently waiting to be shipped.

DiscoLemonade

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Drove my JLUR home last week. Ordered 2/18, arrived 3/5ish. I didn’t get any nanny state options though. Hell, i would’ve preferred it I had the choice of getting manual windows

Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
For all of Jeep so-called quirks and faults, I have never seen a brand new Wrangler with a poorly fitted soft top, if I was taking delivery of one and it had warped windows, I would be very disappointed.

However I'm still surprised people drive around with their Wranglers with poorly installed soft tops, if something doesn't look right, pull up a video online on how to properly install the top, and it's window panels.

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
Not sure about Jeep but Ford has tens of Thousands of Broncos sitting in fields and parking lots, unfinished. They called it "dirt mountain." Then when winter rolled around it was called "ice mountain." Not sure what they're calling it this spring.
Just calling it Bronco Mountain now. Also, if it was built in ‘21 it’s still called a ‘21 no matter if you don’t get it till ’23. I think it all depends on the VIN.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Drove my JLUR home last week. Ordered 2/18, arrived 3/5ish. I didn’t get any nanny state options though.

Hell, I would’ve preferred it I had the choice of getting manual windows
The choice is there, via the Sport trim (unless you were wedded to the Rubicon).

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I ordered my 2022 JLUR snazzberry and drove it home 3 months later. Fully loaded and full of sensors. Everything works and it was 100% complete from the factory.

Don’t try to guess if an option will delay the build. Order it like you want it and be happy Jeep is not run by the idiots at Ford.

Jeep is not slowing down making Wranglers. 2022 numbers is the first three months so far.

Jeep Wrangler JL Are they still building Wranglers? 9ACB677D-7BD1-497C-AF93-4F0384BCAD91
2022 is not over yet. Take the 2022 figure of 45553 divide it by the months (My guess is Jan 2022 to April 2022) you get:

45 553 / 4 = 11 388

Multiply the 11 388 with sum of months in 2022:

11 388 X 136 656

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
I think it’s been slowed, but has not stopped. If Stellantis (overarching owners of Fiat, Chrysler, and whoever else they just bought in Europe) is going to keep any ONE vehicle from seeing significant delays to dealers/customers, it’s Wranglers and Gladiators.

This being said, I don’t think we’ll see the same numbers as the last few years because of the shortage and the projected slight refresh of the 2023 year coming down. Can’t believe it’s been 5 years of JLs already! With the JKs, 2012 was their 5th year (and first model year that Fiat had a say in what to do) and that’s when they got better interiors, followed by the revised V6 in 2013. So if that trend continues…it’s been 5 years this coming model year…so wonder what they’ll change. They’re honestly pretty damn perfect already to me, but I’m sure they’ll change something that will make total sense to me when done. One thing we all know is coming is the cool new twin turbo I6. I really want that in a Gladiator, BAD.

TL;DR - no, they’re not halting anything…just slowed a little. Projections for 2023 modelrefresh could affect production.
Sponsored