Sponsored

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
I can tell you as we sell and service both Ford and Jeep vehicles...We have technicians who have job security. 😂
I bought a Toyota Platinum 5yr/100k mile bumper to bumper warranty with zero deductible for $665, for my 4runner. They don't break. I'm very nervous going from Toyota to Jeep so I'll most likely pick up an extended warranty so I can sleep at night...lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
I bought a Toyota Platinum 5yr/100k mile bumper to bumper warranty with zero deductible for $665, for my 4runner. They don't break. I'm very nervous going from Toyota to Jeep so I'll most likely pick up an extended warranty so I can sleep at night...lol.
I always joke when people say this that Toyota dealerships have service departments too..they do more than just maintenance. 🙂

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Anyone know why the MOPAR plan goes up in price at 12K?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
That's the first year's mileage allocation? It goes up at 12 months too.
Some actuary at Mopar must've found that there are more losses at every 12,000 miles or 12 month interval. It looks like its approximately a 15% bump at each 12,000 mile interval.

Example:
1000 cost from 1-12,000 miles or 1-12 months.
1150 cost from 12,001-24,000 miles or 12-24 months.
1325 cost from 24,000-36,000 miles or 24-36 months

Sponsored

RTS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Once the initial 6 year Mopar plan expires (from the in-service date), what Mopar warranty plans are available then?

RTS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Ha, ha ain’t that the truth. Since the initial 6 year plan is from date in-service of the Jeep (you actually only get 3 years because the first 3 years are factory warranty), an additional 6 year plan covers?????

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Ha, ha ain’t that the truth. Since the initial 6 year plan is from date in-service of the Jeep (you actually only get 3 years because the first 3 years are factory warranty), an additional 6 year plan covers?????
I believe max they will do is 8 years from date of purchase ( or may be service).

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
Once the initial 6 year Mopar plan expires (from the in-service date), what Mopar warranty plans are available then?
We can only sell a plan while you are in the factory warranty. Why? Because without having the ability to inspect your vehicle, we cannot determine there is not pre-existing condition beyond the 3 year and 36,000 mile threshhold nationwide.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
I believe max they will do is 8 years from date of purchase ( or may be service).
That is correct. 8 years and 125,000 total miles. Then Mopar determined its time to get a new Jeep. :)

Deleted member 73473

Is there a good rate for 0 miles? I have a VIN but no Jeep, yet. This is intended as a serious question, not sarcasm. Thanks.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Is there a good rate for 0 miles? I have a VIN but no Jeep, yet. This is intended as a serious question, not sarcasm. Thanks.
I posted already about this, you can't get a quote without the jeep being built. If it is built and can show up in your garage (on the app) they can get a quote to you. It will be no different than anyone else under 12kmi/1yr.

Deleted member 73473

I posted already about this, you can't get a quote without the jeep being built. If it is built and can show up in your garage (on the app) they can get a quote to you. It will be no different than anyone else under 12kmi/1yr.
Thanks for explaining it again. 🙂

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Granger's quote on my 2020 Gladiator (with 8k miles) is a close match to what I paid last year to Mr Winkels for my 2018 Wrangler and my wife's 2019 Cherokee (both with around 20k miles). I don't know how many price increases there have been since then, but it seems competitive to me.
Sponsored