Not happy with my DV8 FS-15 install documentation

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
Just a small rant I guess. I'm wholly unimpressed with DV8 Offroad's vague bumper installation instructions, as well as the fact it ORIGINALLY looked like they left out a few nuts for my install.

The FS-15 has three welded bolts on each side to mount to the bumper, but what's not initially obvious (and definitely NOT documented) is that one of the three bolts is a different size. This had me madder than a wet hen for a while, because it seemed like I was shorted some needed nuts.

I managed to get everything mounted, but this definitely made the install process needlessly frustrating :angry:

Don't get me started on the completely-incorrect instructions for the fog lights (but bonus points to them for at least supplying me with the parts to properly mount them, even if I had to play the "figure it out for yourself" game)

I like the FS-15, but their installation documentation needs a LOT of work:facepalm:. Somebody needs to take about one hour and document these differences properly and publish them on the website.

(Rant over)

bumper_mount.jpg

parts_for_bumper.jpg
Sponsored

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This is universal throughtout the entire industry. My Warn winch plate was the same way, not a single sheet of paper for the install, I suspect it's not a coincidence Northridge made a video for them.

Videos are fine, maybe better, but they have to include some sort of documentation telling me.

Maybe we should start a public shaming thread and they will spend the 2 extra hours to document the installation of the toys they want us to buy.

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had the same difficulty with the crap instructions for the Rough Country 2.5" lift. When i called them about it, they basically implied that it was probably just me and that they had received no complaints about it. :facepalm:

GoGators353

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Seriously? I've never received better instructions, car parts rarely have instructions from my experiences.

I had the same difficulty with the crap instructions for the Rough Country 2.5" lift. When i called them about it, they basically implied that it was probably just me and that they had received no complaints about it. :facepalm:
Sponsored