First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
I received my Apex Autolynx earlier this week but probably won't be able to install them until next weekend. Hope to hear how your install went! 👍🏻
Install went fine last night, had to chase them from the post office. They were sent "signature required" so we had to come back after the parts got back to the post office. Picked them up about 4 and then came back here and installed them.

Not sure what the story is on the Sport based sway bar, but the links are set up so that the attachment points aren't in the same plane. The upper part of the link will tip in towards the fender liner if it's simply installed per instructions.

I did things a little different left to right. The right side uses a bracket on either side of the lower mount for the link, flag nut on the inside of the inner bracket behind the steering stabilizer. The lower part of the link mounts only one way. I used an aluminum spacer I made to tip the upper attachment outwards slightly mounted between the Apex and the sway bar. On the left side, the lower link mount uses a single, much thicker tab welded to the axle. For that one, I used the same kind of spacer at the bottom to space the link out slightly, then mounted the upper per instructions.
This has the effect of tipping the links away from leaning into the fender liner, towards being more vertical. They don't interfere with anything this way, where I think they would have touched the fender liner at higher deflections. I'm running a 255/80R17 tire, so no inner tire/link interference at full turn.

Taking them out to an area with some rough terrain to test them on, we both noticed that disconnecting the sway bar REALLY helps ride quality, and the ability to conform to terrain. Everyone that disconnects sway bars knows this I'm sure, but it's still impressive doing it for the first time!

The kicker with these is, ease of use. Jump out, turn two knobs 180 degrees counterclockwise (had my wife do it, she wanted to see if she could) and we were ready to go. It's literally 20 seconds, and you reach in over the front of the tire. No crawling around, just reach in and turn a knob.

To reconnect, you turn the knobs back clockwise, then push the top of the link downwards to move the sway bar down until the link clicks locked. The other side will lock itself when you drive. If you're on the level, it might lock in when you lock the first one.

It's simple, you don't get messy, I'm not crawling on the ground, and it's silent when operating connected or disconnected. We'll see how it holds up.

Here's the left side:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 005 (600x800)

Here's one of a dirt mound where we were tooling around. Not all the way flexed, but it would be tipped over a ways with the sway bar connected. Now it flexes instead of the whole vehicle rocking side to side.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 003 (800x600)

And the other side. Much more flexy than before.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 004 (800x600)

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering

zaneiz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Any drop in reception? Been considering this mod as well.
Only been in town and no noticable drop. Will be a few weeks before Im out of town. Mainly done for aesthetics. Thinking about keeping the original in the back on my first trip just in case.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Any drop in reception? Been considering this mod as well.
I've the same antenna, and yes, the reception of some stations is occasionally compromised. It's a matter of degrees, and I'm not too bothered since I don't listen to the radio that frequently. Fair credit to the factory fishing rod antenna; it really does work well.

Wrangler JL 360

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
After handwashing the vehicle, I installed tubular doors and Lange Coyote mirrors today. I did need to adjust the angle of the rear door brackets a bit, but all is well now. The effect of the mirrors' convex lenses on visibility will require a bit of adjustment, too, but that's not a bother.

Working slowly and having to preemptively install the wall brackets for the full doors meant this was an all-day job. The shower and the shakedown drive felt really good...as did the gourmet Tylenol, lol.

Both the doors and the mirrors increased in price within a day or two of my ordering them ($30 and $4, respectively). The brackets decreased by $2.00, though.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B4E8C96A-24FC-4CF1-8C7F-5BBD0E9F5F4B
Been looking at Tyger doors. How you liking them

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? CC8A4EA8-87C8-4A9E-8AF3-E722A5E6DA94

INSTALLED ON THE JLUR 2.0T:
One "392" Heated Padded Steering Wheel with Fully Functional Paddle Shifters
via: Threedom 392 Steering Wheel & Paddle Shifters Retrofit [Full Kit]

AS QUOTED: "This will change the way we drag race against Broncos at traffic lights!" 🤣
How did the install go? I'm assuming you already had a heated wheel? I've been looking at doing these (the paddles) in conjunction with one of the Revesol wheels that I've seen others install.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Been looking at Tyger doors. How you liking them
Remarkable value for the money, IMO, and with a non-garish aesthetic. It's a bit surprising that there's such a price gap between them and most other choices (granted, some pricing may reflect domestic production.)