Sponsored

Gupton roll call and updates on 2022 orders.

Flutterkicker

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR Firecracker Red (Ordered)
I ordered on 03/03 and got an update from Gupton stating the shipping date is 5/20. We will see if that is a pipe dream. Fingers crossed that it will get here soon. I made the mistake of booking a flight before knowing how long it is taking for everyone to get theirs. :facepalm:
Sponsored

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
I ordered on 03/03 and got an update from Gupton stating the shipping date is 5/20. We will see if that is a pipe dream. Fingers crossed that it will get here soon. I made the mistake of booking a flight before knowing how long it is taking for everyone to get theirs. :facepalm:
as others have said, "shipping" date = build date. Walter said my ship date was 5/11. My build started that night apparently.

PeterG7

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Does anyone know if Renee's email address needs to include motosnap?

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant

Sponsored

kjl2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2-Door
Clubs

I’ve been in shipping a week now… doesn’t seem like it has left the factory. Anyone else finish build last week and just sitting at the factory still?

WyrPldn

First Name
Paladin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sarge Willys JL
Occupation
A knight without armor in a savage land.
Woooooooo!!! Just got my email from Renee: “Your order has arrived”!!! Mine was a 12/9 order; I’m so pumped it’s finally delivered! Now I just have to figure out how quickly I can get there 😁. This forum is what helped keep me sane these past 5 months, haha! Keep hanging in there my fellow Decemberites; your time is coming!

MDawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe, 2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
even if its another 2 weeks, at this point it will be right in line with what I told my self from the beginning - 12 weeks before I can allow myself to start whining about the process.
I’ve been in JB for 20 days and counting :headbang:

Sponsored

kjl2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2-Door
Clubs

Has anyone else traded in a vehicle with Gupton? How do their trade-in offers compare with CarMax, Carvana, Vroom, etc.?

I will be driving my trade-in down to TN and I will be looking for the best deal. I’d really hate to have to bring it back with my new ride.

My pick up date will be months away (fingers crossed for July), so it is hard to tell what will happen between now and then. I just don’t want to have too high of expectations.

I am trading-in/selling a 2018 Jeep Compass Sport! It’s been a great vehicle, just ready for an upgrade! 😄

I’d love to hear anyone’s experience and recommendations!
Gupton didn’t seem particularly interested in trades and didn’t want to discuss any trade values until delivery, because the used valuations have been so volatile lately. Certainly understandable, given the manufacturing/delivery delays and huge swings in wholesale values.

There are Carvana and Carmax retail stores in Nashville, so I got a quote from both. Carvana gives you a price site unseen, but the Carmax value can change after a final inspection. I drove my trade to Nashville, with the intention of dropping off with Carvana unless Carmax would give me a higher value after final appraisal. Carmax ended up offering over $2k more than Carvana. Carmax took 30mins, and l left with check in hand and headed to Gupton.
Thank you. This is good to know. I will be driving 7+ hours to pick up my Wrangler. I am glad those services are available nearby, and seem to be quick!
Did any of you ever end up getting a quote from Gupton for trade in? I have a quote up here for sale of a 2020 Sport super base model with 21k on it, and an accident. Between 31,500 and 32,500. Obviously it would be great to trade in with Gupton the tax purposes (in Illinois we take new car price minus trade in value and only pay the tax on the difference, not sure if other states do that). But I’m not sure if gupton will be even close. Getting a trade in quote out of them has been impossible thus far, even though my vehicle is shipped. For reference, gupton giving me 30k is the equivalent to a dealer here giving me 32k roughly for taxes.

snider.lindseyp

First Name
Lindsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass, 2022 JLU Willys Edition
Occupation
Teacher
Did any of you ever end up getting a quote from Gupton for trade in? I have a quote up here for sale of a 2020 Sport super base model with 21k on it, and an accident. Between 31,500 and 32,500. Obviously it would be great to trade in with Gupton the tax purposes (in Illinois we take new car price minus trade in value and only pay the tax on the difference, not sure if other states do that). But I’m not sure if gupton will be even close. Getting a trade in quote out of them has been impossible thus far, even though my vehicle is shipped. For reference, gupton giving me 30k is the equivalent to a dealer here giving me 32k roughly for taxes.
No, mine hasn’t been built yet, so they didn’t want to discuss an estimate until it got closer since it could be months away. KBB seems promising, but I don’t think I will get that amount out of my Compass with Gupton. I am going to try Carmax and the like as well to get a quote.

Mike8194

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
No, I ended up selling my “trade“ to Carmax in Madison, TN and then getting a Lyft to Gupton. I did get quotes from Carvana and Vroom too. Carmax offered the most, but needed to inspect the vehicle to finalize. I drove my trade to Carmax with the intention of selling to Carvana if Carmax came back lower after inspection. Carvana has a retail store that accepts drop offs in Franklin, TN and I had a firm but lower offer. Carmax was great and held to their higher offer after inspection. Really easy process. Took less than an hour.

I will say it seems the used Jeep market has cooled down lately. I sold my 2021 JLU Willys with 6500mi for $48,500 in Dec 2021. I paid $44,500 new. For fun, I checked my 2022 JLUW with less than 1k mi, and didn’t get higher than $43k from Carvana, Vroom, and Givemethevin.com

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
No, I ended up selling my “trade“ to Carmax in Madison, TN and then getting a Lyft to Gupton. I did get quotes from Carvana and Vroom too. Carmax offered the most, but needed to inspect the vehicle to finalize. I drove my trade to Carmax with the intention of selling to Carvana if Carmax came back lower after inspection. Carvana has a retail store that accepts drop offs in Franklin, TN and I had a firm but lower offer. Carmax was great and held to their higher offer after inspection. Really easy process. Took less than an hour.

I will say it seems the used Jeep market has cooled down lately. I sold my 2021 JLU Willys with 6500mi for $48,500 in Dec 2021. I paid $44,500 new. For fun, I checked my 2022 JLUW with less than 1k mi, and didn’t get higher than $43k from Carvana, Vroom, and Givemethevin.com
Definitely cooled down and doubtful we will ever see anything like that again. That was a once on a lifetime chance to make bank. You did and I did also.

shnider10

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala