Sponsored

Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
Forgive me of this has been addressed but I couldn’t find an answer. Looking at picking these up for my JLU Sport on 34’s with Clayton Off road Overland kit and Alpha wheels. I’ve got AAL Inner Fender Liners and I wanted to know if I would need to cut or modify them to accommodate the Apex Lynx.
I couldn't tell you, but this video might help give you an idea.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
After 8 months I finally installed it -_-

BUT, i think it fit pretty damn well. I made the dimples in the fenders so I’ll have to find something to flex the jeep on to test for sure. But it looks like I’ll have about 5-6in up travel before smacking the fenders.
Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution image

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
How are you all dimpling that protrusion in the liner? I keep smacking it lightly when disconnected and would like to remedy that.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
How are you all dimpling that protrusion in the liner? I keep smacking it lightly when disconnected and would like to remedy that.
I did heat gun and ball hitch. Gotta go back and make the dimple bigger though.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
That's a great idea. I have both of those. Maybe I'll follow it up with a tennis ball?
My concern with a tennis ball is heat and melting the fibers to the liner. Not sure how hot it gets but it’s not super hot but I feel like a tennis ball won’t be enough rigidity to hold against it to dimple it out.

Naylia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Me too and I received it today (5/11/22). Hope to install it this weekend. Have you received and installed yours yet?
I missed the delivery yesterday so I need to fetch them at the post office. Hoping to size them this evening and then pop them on tomorrow.

Sponsored

Naylia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Cool! Would be awesome to have a GoPro set up to capture all of the articulation! lol!
That’s unlikely….right now I’m about 1.5 hours in and the three year old and I have removed the old connects and calibrated the new ones. I’m guessing another 30-45 minutes to get the new ones in tomorrow morning. I’ve been doing it without removing the wheels, hand tools only (breaker bar, socket wrenches, etc). I spent at least 10 minutes spinning a bolt without the appropriate 6mm Allen wrench inserted to lock it from turning, so it definitely could have gone faster.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
I spent at least 10 minutes spinning a bolt without the appropriate 6mm Allen wrench inserted to lock it from turning, so it definitely could have gone faster.
Oh, boy, I did the same thing. I felt really foolish when I figured it out.

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

That’s unlikely….right now I’m about 1.5 hours in and the three year old and I have removed the old connects and calibrated the new ones. I’m guessing another 30-45 minutes to get the new ones in tomorrow morning. I’ve been doing it without removing the wheels, hand tools only (breaker bar, socket wrenches, etc). I spent at least 10 minutes spinning a bolt without the appropriate 6mm Allen wrench inserted to lock it from turning, so it definitely could have gone faster.
Besides the Allen wrench experience, everything else seem to go smoothly so far?
Sponsored