4xeEsq

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
They def should. Got mine here…just waiting on my 4XE soon to find out!
These definitely work on the 4xe.

Back to op: the bar mount looks great! What did you use to cut it, grinder? Did you sand and paint the edges? Any problems since you’ve had it on?

OP
OP

JR HANK

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
We sure have a lot of people on here that know everything..

No more wind noise than stock...

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
We sure have a lot of people on here that know everything..

No more wind noise than stock...
IMPOSSIBLE, WInd resistance equals wind noise just like the box shape of the Wrangler has more wind noise that a sports car. There are countless post and threads about windo and roof munted bars and noise issue/complaints. Maybe there is no oxegen/air where you drive...

Sponsored

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
IMPOSSIBLE, WInd resistance equals wind noise just like the box shape of the Wrangler has more wind noise that a sports car. There are countless post and threads about windo and roof munted bars and noise issue/complaints. Maybe there is no oxegen/air where you drive...
jeep is already pushing wind, adding stuff doesnt always add more noise, they just fit in the airflow. Had a roof light once that whistled like crazy, move it down a half inch and no more noise .

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
jeep is already pushing wind, adding stuff doesnt always add more noise, they just fit in the airflow. Had a roof light once that whistled like crazy, move it down a half inch and no more noise .
Yes if you move it down below the lip of the windshied that helps but does not eliminate, which is why now some bars are being designed to be inside the cabin at the top of the windshield for this very reason. But that also will cost you visibility.

Sponsored

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
i bought the KC 4xe mount and combined it with RC single row bar.. I wanted something more sleek). Initial problem is that KC mounts are wider than 50" and RC bar is lightly shorter than 50".. so i had some aluminum spacers made which are now powder-coated wrinkle black. Main issue here is the noise. Both wind and whistle noises were out of this world at fwy speeds..(70+) (typical cruising speed here is between 70-85)

I expected both noises but not at these levels.. so i took it off and going to make some adjustments to back cooling fins.. read bunch of posts from JK guys doing everything from vinyl wrap to door moulding trim.. as others pointed out there is no way its going to be as quiet as stock,; impossible with such flat object.. but as long as i can eliminate whistle i'll keep it :) Love the look and light output is insane.. I'll update once if i'm able to solve this issue

IMG_6796.jpg
IMG_6792.jpg
IMG_6790.jpg
IMG_6794.jpg

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
Whistle is gone entirely but wind noise is still present as expected.. (regardless of slight forward tilt) it’s quite loud with headwind while ok in other situations.

My tint guy did the satin vinyl wrap on the bar and that did the trick to take care of the whistle..

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe light bar mount FullSizeRender_a6TN2zPtcUVyCoT6B5U4YC

FullSizeRender_rxjdY9yh1wLzPiRm8opMyL.jpg

IMG_7247.jpg

FullSizeRender_inevQQ1KmHFYyx3hngT8nz.jpg

IMG_7306.jpg

IMG_7307.jpg

IMG_7308.jpg

IMG_7309.jpg

RogueArt22

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4xE
Clubs

Whistle is gone entirely but wind noise is still present as expected.. (regardless of slight forward tilt) it’s quite loud with headwind while ok in other situations.

My tint guy did the satin vinyl wrap on the bar and that did the trick to take care of the whistle..

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe light bar mount IMG_7309

This looks amazing!

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I like a lot of lights... More to come yet...
That is a lot of added wind-noise. I had windshield top 50" bar on my JL before I switched to my 4xe the wind noise can kinda ruin the silent running of the electric vehicle.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Had the top windhsield munted bar on my JL, on my 4xe I switched to the hood mounted 40", which is now in a wind deadzone since the front of the wrangler blocks the light bar from direct air flow. I also decided since lights have little practicle function it was not worth the wind noise for the top windshield mounted bars.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe light bar mount All Lights on
unted bars.
Sponsored