First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
@alksion - gutsy of you to show in the forum and own it. Would love to see you buy it back, take a BFH to the dents, then ride back and show that ditch who’s boss!
I didn’t actually create thread but since it was created, I don’t mind taking ownership. Of course it is a little embarrassing, but the fact of the matter is I take full responsibility and it was my decision making or lack thereof that allowed me to be in this position. All that I can hope is one person may read through this and prevent their jeep from rolling.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
This is why insurance rates are so high... People being able to do anything they want with zero consequences because they can lie to the insurance company... Be honest, then let the insurance company make their own choice, but don't try to trick others into paying for your mistakes.
People do stupid stuff on the road all the time. drifting, speeding, etc... insurance covers them and their rates go up.

Here in California all legal offroading happens on designated roads that are usually old mining roads and such that are not maintained or slightly maintained.

Telling them you were exploring for camping spots or whatever and ended up in a bad situation like that chute isn't going to change much of what the insurance decides to do.

But you are right. dont have to lie. But you don't have to go around public forums admitting fault. Let the insurance figure it out. You are not required to give them all details. "I was out exploring, got in a bad situation, and I fucked up". That's it. Collision coverage is there for that reason.

He is gonna be at fault. But he pays insurance so they cover his asset. And they should. I am sure he pays the rate for a 392 Jeep and has collision coverage that is supposed to cover the driver's fuck ups. There are not zero consequences, his rate is gonna climb up and he'll pay for it slowly over the years. He is also gonna get market value for the vehicle and lose the hefty CA tax he paid for that Jeep.

This is a minimal cost to insurance. We all pay high rates because people claim neck injuries and other stuff and sue for medical claims all the time that go up to hundreds of thousands.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
After seeing the roll-over picture I said I'd cry, which is probably true if I rolled my 392. From there I watched the entire video and read some of your comments. I must say I really appreciate your humbleness and your willingness to help others learn from your experience. I know you 'hurt' but your character is something to aspire to. You just seem like a good dude. Hang in there brother, you'll be back out there soon enough! @alksion
Thank you so much for looking out for me. I don’t view myself as someone to aspire to, but if others see me in that fashion, then I feel blessed and fortunate that my character is slowly starting to blossom into something better than I’ve viewed myself in the past.
First off, glad you are OK - and wow as a fellow hydro blue owner that was a sad sight to see.
I know you are working with insurance, if they do total it are you thinking that you will buy another (we all hope so!)?

I do wonder if it is totaled if would be worth buying it out?
That’s what I actually should find out on Thursday now. As soon as I know what they would sell it back to me for I’ll make a decision.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
What a bummer but glad you are ok. Very impressed by your positive attitude.

I got myself into a dicey situation coming down the back portion of Hell's Revenge and almost flopped a JLUR on 35's. Passenger rear tire was WAY off the ground and the steering components were so compressed I could barely steer.
It was the scariest feeling I've had in a long time.

Hope you get your replacement 392 soon.

All the best.
Right now having a positive attitude is the only thing that’s maintaining confidence that I’ll be back in a Jeep soon enough.

It is a scary feeling especially when you realize it’s actually starting to flip and you have no control. I’m hoping for a replacement 392 as well.
@alksion honestly man just remember that some people are trolls by nature. Glad you’re on the forums with us and I hope you remain in a Jeep (wrangler specifically)!
Yeah I don’t mind. I’m a pretty confident person overall. The Internet is a place full of opinions and you have to be okay with whatever people say or you shouldn’t be online.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I happened to be following in the sting grey JL behind @alksion and it’s a scary feeling witnessing a rollover. Thankfully there where no serious injuries and he was able to walk away unscathed, when it was all said in done we where able to joke around a bit while we waited for the recovery crew. This will serve as a learning experience for all, even with spotters and stacking rocks I sustained a small amount of trail damage. It’s unfortune that the 392 flipped but Josiah was able to remain compose and had a great attitude about the whole incident. I am glad I met you brotha and thanks for putting the cleghorn meet together even if it didn’t go as planned. I love wrenching and have all the tools if you do comeback with a new build and need help installing parts just reach out and we will get it done.

1652200033597.jpeg

1652200170686.jpeg
I’m sorry about your jeep. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid but would have taken this 1 million times over the situation that occurred.

I appreciate you and your wife. Both of you were patient and lighthearted through the process. As soon as I get another jeep we will be back out. Don’t forget I owe you guys dinner and hopefully we can camp together sometime soon!

Sponsored

Craigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Clubs

I didn’t actually create thread but since it was created, I don’t mind taking ownership. Of course it is a little embarrassing, but the fact of the matter is I take full responsibility and it was my decision making or lack thereof that allowed me to be in this position. All that I can hope is one person may read through this and prevent their jeep from rolling.
You're a class act @alksion. Once you're back in a Jeep (and my JLURX comes in), I'd love to wheel with you sometime. I'm in northern SD county.

God speed.

Aramos3

First Name
Arnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Millwork Estimator
I’m sorry about your jeep. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid but would have taken this 1 million times over the situation that occurred.

I appreciate you and your wife. Both of you were patient and lighthearted through the process. As soon as I get another jeep we will be back out. Don’t forget I owe you guys dinner and hopefully we can camp together sometime soon!
There is nothing to be sorry for it was fun, breaking stuff is part of it. Now I got the wife on board for 37's. Later that night on her own she mentioned she wants a winch installed. Lol. I am sure we will link up again.

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
@alksion Shitty situation, but glad you are ok. I was recently exploring some lesser traveled roads in Death Valley and found myself on an unexpected stretch of off camber trail. I misread the line and started leaning driver really fast. My instincts were to do exactly what you did, but I managed to keep my cool, stop and assess the spot that I was in, and then properly steered my way out of it. Skill/experience yes, but admittedly there was a good amount of luck involved. Any more tilt and I would have easily been on my side eating dirt from my driver window. Props for sharing your experience for others to learn from and for keeping a great attitude

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
You're a class act @alksion. Once you're back in a Jeep (and my JLURX comes in), I'd love to wheel with you sometime. I'm in northern SD county.

God speed.
Thank you for your kind words. The outpouring from this community is unreal and I’m so happy to have friends I’ve never met be so kind.

I will be back in a jeep as soon as I can manage it and I would love to go hit the trails with you.
There is nothing to be sorry for it was fun, breaking stuff is part of it. Now I got the wife on board for 37's. Later that night on her own she mentioned she wants a winch installed. Lol. I am sure we will link up again.
Amen! Send me updates on your build. There’s no doubt we will link up again.
@alksion Shitty situation, but glad you are ok. I was recently exploring some lesser traveled roads in Death Valley and found myself on an unexpected stretch of off camber trail. I misread the line and started leaning driver really fast. My instincts were to do exactly what you did, but I managed to keep my cool, stop and assess the spot that I was in, and then properly steered my way out of it. Skill/experience yes, but admittedly there was a good amount of luck involved. Any more tilt and I would have easily been on my side eating dirt from my driver window. Props for sharing your experience for others to learn from and for keeping a great attitude
Yeah you know the feeling then! I could have avoided it with a little more calmness and thought. I don’t think I had ever been that off camber and for that reason I probably panicked.

eugeeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I happened to be following in the sting grey JL behind @alksion and it’s a scary feeling witnessing a rollover. Thankfully there where no serious injuries and he was able to walk away unscathed, when it was all said in done we where able to joke around a bit while we waited for the recovery crew. This will serve as a learning experience for all, even with spotters and stacking rocks I sustained a small amount of trail damage. It’s unfortune that the 392 flipped but Josiah was able to remain compose and had a great attitude about the whole incident. I am glad I met you brotha and thanks for putting the cleghorn meet together even if it didn’t go as planned. I love wrenching and have all the tools if you do comeback with a new build and need help installing parts just reach out and we will get it done.

1652200033597.jpeg

1652200170686.jpeg
Part of the fun is knowing there’s going to be some trail marks on occasion!

Lesson I’m taking from all this is that it’s much easier to replace a scratched fender and some clips than it is to find another 392.

Sponsored

OP
OP
21JLURDG

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
OP - correct the title. It's a non-XR.
Based on the original picture, I thought I saw fender flare extensions indicating it's an XR. @alksion If it's not, I can change it. Or whoever has been editing the title and my first post can do it. I started the thread, but I'm just a passenger now.

I would like to comment on some driving techniques. Newbies tend to shy away from the side of danger--a natural human reaction. For example, taking a line furthest from a big rock or ledge. Yet that's not always the best option. Compare the two pictures below. The XR (assuming because of the fender lips) is close to the rock and the flexy suspension is keeping it from tilting too much. The stock Gecko is taking a very different line climbing the rock edge but tilting/flexing much less. Some years ago, a lady in an XJ with kids got nervous crossing a narrow spot on a desert trail. She climbed the opposite wall, which led to the XJ flipping over and rolling down the hill (all airlifted but no one died). The key is for both the driver and spotter being on the same page. If not, get out and talk about it until you are. The driver always maintains responsibility, regardless of what the spotter says. It's his vehicle and he's the captain of his ship. Regarding spotters, my philosophy is the same as wingmen to flight leads: "Trust but verify."

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Whoops! Overturned @ Cleghorn Trail [Recover Video Added] A4344702-E569-42A4-903C-D07CF2C724EB
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Whoops! Overturned @ Cleghorn Trail [Recover Video Added] IMG_20211124_121841780

kubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Hey @armos3 I will be selling my XR wheels/37’s soon.. just saying :).

100% on needing a winch.

4x4snowmachinejeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler 4xe White
Occupation
Travel Industry
Question,
who are the heroes that clean all the broken glass, oil etc from the trail, when these unfortunate accidents happen?

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Thank you everyone for your continued kindness to me through a sad situation like losing your Jeep. Good time for everyone to review their insurance policies and see if everything is to your liking in case something happens off-road.
This is a very important point! I told my insurance when I picked up my order that I wanted great coverage for a Jeep. Covers mods, glass, etc.