First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Glad you are OK Alksion. I'm sorry this happened! Sad to see that 392 like that. Thank you for sharing this new aquired wisdom with us. I hope you recover well and fully.
Absolutely! There’s no way I can change the past but if I can save just one person from rolling their beloved Jeep, I’ll count this situation as a blessing.
@alksion Having watched your build process and influenced by your great contributions to this forum I feel a sense of loss with you of this incredible Jeep. I’m grateful you came out of this physically ok and mostly unharmed, a testament to the structural integrity of the Jeep. All the best to you in your journey to get back out on the trail and back in the saddle.
I appreciate you following my build process. I’m sure you can see how much passion and joy I had in to putting together my rig. Especially in my planned phase 2 process. I am grateful I am physically intact and I promise I’ll have a new rig ready soon, which everyone can help follow my journey back to greatness.
Also glad you are OK!
Thank you Membrain. You were an awesome part of me waiting for my rig to begin with and I appreciate your contribution to this community as well.
Sponsored

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
OMG! I would CRY!!!
After seeing the roll-over picture I said I'd cry, which is probably true if I rolled my 392. From there I watched the entire video and read some of your comments. I must say I really appreciate your humbleness and your willingness to help others learn from your experience. I know you 'hurt' but your character is something to aspire to. You just seem like a good dude. Hang in there brother, you'll be back out there soon enough! @alksion

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
A spotter would have prevented this. We know exactly why it happened (waiting on insurance), hard lessons learned Saturday.

Side note: Rhino needs to improve their video editing skills. Like...
- Why they tried to get the stake out,
- How it got there to begin with.
- Another forum members stock Jeep going through (took minor damage)
- Given a good explination of the recovery everystep of the way.

I could offer them the Kubicon Video Editing services as well. LOL!
Could you walk us through those points you highlighted? I was curious about all of them as well as what went “wrong”. What did the stock Jeep do differently? I’m genuinely curious. Thanks!

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Thank you for your kind words! They did total it out without even looking at it.
So many layers of terrible, but also...as said, you are ok and ready to find a new seat. Awesome! Metal and plastic can be replaced...you cannot.

To the quote. That's not totaled I bet. My friend had a similar roll with sky touch roof, regular rubi. It did not get totaled...like $25K in damage. If you get a chance to buy back, that would be to your benefit (you have sky touch, but that's the hardest fix). Going to a regular top and the rest might be easy. That is my guess without watching the video...yet.

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Glad you were able to walk away unscathed.

Several years ago I attempted to swim across Lake Erie.

I failed. I made it 22 of the 24 miles.

I learned more about myself in those 17 hours I was in the water than I had previously learned in the entirety of the 40 or so years (at that point) that I had stumbled about on this spinning green and blue ball known as Earth.

Further in. That's the only direction any of us can go. Failure only makes our next steps more confident and true.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Absolutely! There’s no way I can change the past but if I can save just one person from rolling their beloved Jeep, I’ll count this situation as a blessing.

I appreciate you following my build process. I’m sure you can see how much passion and joy I had in to putting together my rig. Especially in my planned phase 2 process. I am grateful I am physically intact and I promise I’ll have a new rig ready soon, which everyone can help follow my journey back to greatness.

Thank you Membrain. You were an awesome part of me waiting for my rig to begin with and I appreciate your contribution to this community as well.
First off, glad you are OK - and wow as a fellow hydro blue owner that was a sad sight to see.
I know you are working with insurance, if they do total it are you thinking that you will buy another (we all hope so!)?

I do wonder if it is totaled if would be worth buying it out?

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many

I learned more about myself in those 17 hours I was in the water than I had previously learned in the entirety of the 40 or so years (at that point) that I had stumbled about on this spinning green and blue ball known as Earth.

Further in. That's the only direction any of us can go. Failure only makes our next steps more confident and true.
Now that sounds like a helluva story. Please feel free to elaborate!

Aramos3

First Name
Arnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Millwork Estimator
I happened to be following in the sting grey JL behind @alksion and it’s a scary feeling witnessing a rollover. Thankfully there where no serious injuries and he was able to walk away unscathed, when it was all said in done we where able to joke around a bit while we waited for the recovery crew. This will serve as a learning experience for all, even with spotters and stacking rocks I sustained a small amount of trail damage. It’s unfortune that the 392 flipped but Josiah was able to remain compose and had a great attitude about the whole incident. I am glad I met you brotha and thanks for putting the cleghorn meet together even if it didn’t go as planned. I love wrenching and have all the tools if you do comeback with a new build and need help installing parts just reach out and we will get it done.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Whoops! Overturned @ Cleghorn Trail [Recover Video Added] 1652200033597

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Whoops! Overturned @ Cleghorn Trail [Recover Video Added] 1652200170686

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
He was nuts and had a ton of stones but very skilled in what he was doing (minus the lack of safety). Doubt we get the Jeep flipped over without him leading things.
there are gonna be lots of "experts" here criticizing the recovery. that's the internet.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

Wow, I would be lucky to make it 22 feet, couldn't imagine 22 miles...

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Thank you everyone for your continued kindness to me through a sad situation like losing your Jeep. Good time for everyone to review their insurance policies and see if everything is to your liking in case something happens off-road.
1) Cleghorn is actually a "road" just like most trails in California.
2) You can always claim you were just exploring for camping spots and got into a bad situation.
3) #2 doesn't apply to you because there is a video on Youtube showing everything and this post. I wouldn't have let those youtube people post that video. And would have denied that being my Jeep on this forum.

Insurance should still cover you anyway. It is just like doing something dumb on the road with a fast car. You are at fault, but should be covered.

Best of luck to you on your claim keep us posted.

Last edited:

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
1) Cleghorn is actually a "road" just like most trails in California.
2) You can always claim you were just camping and got into a bad situation.
3) #2 doesn't apply to you because there is a video on Youtube showing everything and this post. I wouldn't have let those youtube people post that video. And would have denied that being my Jeep on this forum.

Insurance should still cover you anyway. It is just like doing something dumb on the road with a fast car. You are at fault, but should be covered.

Best of luck to you on your claim keep us posted.
This is why insurance rates are so high... People being able to do anything they want with zero consequences because they can lie to the insurance company... Be honest, then let the insurance company make their own choice, but don't try to trick others into paying for your mistakes.

Matanzas

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@alksion - gutsy of you to show in the forum and own it. Would love to see you buy it back, take a BFH to the dents, then ride back and show that ditch who’s boss!

buckeye1996

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '19 JLR 3.6, '06 TJ 6 spd, '01 TJ 5spd
What a bummer but glad you are ok. Very impressed by your positive attitude.

I got myself into a dicey situation coming down the back portion of Hell's Revenge and almost flopped a JLUR on 35's. Passenger rear tire was WAY off the ground and the steering components were so compressed I could barely steer.
It was the scariest feeling I've had in a long time.

Hope you get your replacement 392 soon.

All the best.

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
@alksion honestly man just remember that some people are trolls by nature. Glad you’re on the forums with us and I hope you remain in a Jeep (wrangler specifically)!
Sponsored