Sponsored

I hate other drivers!

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
So within 24 hours of owning my JLUR I had two people blow stop signs and almost hit me, luckily I was still driving it like a little old lady. Then today a co-worker came in and said that someone had just backed into my Jeep in the parking lot. I went out and sure enough someone had backed in and his hitch hit my hitch and left a VERY SMALL scratch. No big deal really but they guy did not leave a note or even check if there was damage. WTF is wrong with people! I left a note on his car saying I have witnesses and I have pictures of his plates and I am going to go over the Jeep to make sure everything is okay. I am not going to do anything but I want him to sweet it out a bit. OK, rant over.
Sponsored

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Twice in consecutive days, I was cruising around the State park and both times teenage drivers pulled into a parking space then immediately started backing out while looking straight ahead. Hit the horn to stop them luckily, but it was really close.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Old person here.
I drive and ride motorcycles. ( used to watercraft, too )

I have come to believe that motorized vehicles mark Humanity’s demarcation from basic competency to cosmic tragedy/comedy.

Last edited:

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I find it funny how every time I'm in my Jeep, I encounter reckless drivers and close (and lucky) encounters. But if I'm in my other vehicles, ones that I can do quick maneuvers in and speed in, everyone drives like a saint.

I hear you man, sucks bullocks.

NavyJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS; Bikini; Manual; Soft Top. Let the spending begin.
the best part about driving my wifes Mustang is that other drivers assume I am a 20 year old who would rather die in an auto accident than yield. Everyone gives me a wide berth.

Sponsored

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
When I was a kid, my Dad was bringing our new car home from the dealership when someone blew a red light, broadsiding him and totaling the car. I never even got to see it.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
So within 24 hours of owning my JLUR I had two people blow stop signs and almost hit me, luckily I was still driving it like a little old lady. Then today a co-worker came in and said that someone had just backed into my Jeep in the parking lot. I went out and sure enough someone had backed in and his hitch hit my hitch and left a VERY SMALL scratch. No big deal really but they guy did not leave a note or even check if there was damage. WTF is wrong with people! I left a note on his car saying I have witnesses and I have pictures of his plates and I am going to go over the Jeep to make sure everything is okay. I am not going to do anything but I want him to sweet it out a bit. OK, rant over.
Joe: tough love? Incompetent drivers and those who don't know the rules of the road notwithstanding, selfish/materialistic behavior is on the rise.

It's so prevalent that quite literally, mental heath experts have had to up the standards of the selfish traits necessary in patients for diagnosing disorders like Narcissism. As to cause--social media the plethora of electronics and gadgets..?...it's anybody's guess.

The equalizer: a dual dash cam.

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I find the driving abilities here in Arizona to be generally pathetic, but after living here for more than 11 years, I still tell everyone that nothing compared to Florida drivers. I lived there for ten years and genuinely feared for my life driving on the highway - and I didn't even live in a large city. We complain about people here not being able to drive in the rain, but Floridians would lose their damned mind when water fell from the sky - which it did regularly, unlike here. FWIW I think drivers in the northeast are the best because they are decicive, even if a bit aggressive. I prefer knowing what people intend to do, and at least understanding their rationale - if they want to get over, they're coming over!

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I agree with you OP! I can't speak for other places but it's the same here in Toronto. We have all seasons and pretty rough winters but when it snow's or rains it's like people completely forget how to drive. When it's dry everyone drives like an asshat most of the time. I've been driving a Jeep for quite a few years now and I tend to take my time and I notice how people drive. It makes me want to get a dash cam but then I'd spend all night looking at the footage. "Look at that guy......and that guy....wow what was that! "

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Not so much in the Rubicon, but when I drive my 911 it seems it attracts the crazies. From people riding my bumper, to souped up little Hondas trying to race, or people directly beside me crossing in to my lane. So I have resorted to cruising the right lane at about 70mph with short burst of speed when the road opens up. I still have lots of fun on the twisty back roads, but the days of just cruising the interstate and listening to the tunes are slowly changing to fast pace folks on cell phones....:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Sponsored

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Many years ago i had a buddy with a nice 70 Charger RT. While eating in the local DQ we seen a guy pull up by it and open the door against it. It had a scratch and he confronted the guy who thought it was no big deal. When we left i got in one side and my buddy kicked the guys door in and we left. I was surprised he never heard from the guy.

Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GS 350 and F-150
I had someone back into our Lexus with a trailer hitch and mess up the bumper. No note or witnesses. Needs a new bumper to fix. I wish it was only a small scratch.

This is one of the reasons I’m looking at Jeeps - less fragile. And there are so many idiots out there.

OP
OP
Jrbrannan

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I had someone back into our Lexus with a trailer hitch and mess up the bumper. No note or witnesses. Needs a new bumper to fix. I wish it was only a small scratch.

This is one of the reasons I’m looking at Jeeps - less fragile. And there are so many idiots out there.
So funny story, someone hit my Lexus (that I was selling when my Jeep came in) drove away did not leave a note. Someone saw this and called the cops. The cops called me back (I did not see the damage at first) and they charged the lady that hit me. $750 dollars was given to me, I buffed out the scrap as best as I could and it did not cost me a dime when I went to sell it. That is a win, win, win!

Avl2294

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2014 JKU Sahara 2004 Dodge Viper
Not so much in the Rubicon, but when I drive my 911 it seems it attracts the crazies. From people riding my bumper, to souped up little Hondas trying to race, or people directly beside me crossing in to my lane. So I have resorted to cruising the right lane at about 70mph with short burst of speed when the road opens up. I still have lots of fun on the twisty back roads, but the days of just cruising the interstate and listening to the tunes are slowly changing to fast pace folks on cell phones....:angry::angry::angry::angry:
I've never had people act so stupid on the road as when I drove my 98' Viper GTS...It was bright red with no stripes, It attracted so much attention. Everyone driving anything from a Del Sol to a lifted diesel truck harassed me at stop lights and when the light turned green they would drive like assholes. Also, Douche bags in diesel trucks would purposely "roll coal" on the car for NO reason. People have no respect for other peoples nice things.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director

I look at the parking lot fender-benders as an opportunity. If somebody ruins my stock bumper, It is time to upgrade and add that winch I have always wanted.
My Nerf bars keep the door dings in check.
Sponsored