Sponsored

Quadratec Customer Service Nightmare

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I'll jump on the bandwagon here too and give you an update on my Quadratec fiasco.

Quick recap. Purchased Diver Down colored seat covers for my Hella, sold Jeep before install, bought different color Jeep, requested to exchange original, unused covers for new color.

Exchange approved. Covers sent back months ago.

They first said they didn't have them, then said they found them, new ones enroute, due tommorrow.

Now I need to order my QT tube doors.
Sponsored

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
As noted in my previous post, I’ve been due a reimbursement for over a year. Hailey got involved and resolved the matter within a few minutes. Thank you, Hailey.
Haily, if you are out there, please check the paypal claim I filed against your company and return my money!
angry-panda.gif

MilkSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I've given up on Quadratec and Extreme Terrain. Both will take your order even if they have no idea when the item will ship, or if it will never ship. My apologies to the folks at both companies that do a good job. It's more of a management decision to bait and switch on their customers. Now I prefer to order from Amazon or directly from the manufacturer.
Idk, XT is up front about items not being in stock. I have 2 items on backorder from them and they keep me updated with emails and estimated ship dates.

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
2021 was not a good year for ordering anything from quadratec- they have actually gone down and totally gave up on them there has been only two places I go now Northridge 4X4 or Extreme Terrain and extreme terrain has actually the best customer service and support. Keep the Jeep Wave going.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Idk, XT is up front about items not being in stock. I have 2 items on backorder from them and they keep me updated with emails and estimated ship dates.
They pulled bait and switch on me too many times. I lost my trust in them. YMMV

I rely on 4WP since they have an extensive nation wide warehouse system so when they say it is in stock, they literally have it in stock.

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
2021 was not a good year for ordering anything from quadratec- they have actually gone down and totally gave up on them there has been only two places I go now Northridge 4X4 or Extreme Terrain and extreme terrain has actually the best customer service and support. Keep the Jeep Wave going.
Northridge 4x4 is another good company.

kis_face

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.6 JL 2-dr
I too have had issues with quadratec but I continue to order from them because they often have the best price and free shipping. If an order does have a problem I just expect long wait times to have it resolved. That way I don't get upset if I expect it. Last issue I had with an order it took them over 2 weeks to reply to an email. But they always end up resolving the issue, it's just a long process of hurry up and wait emails.

My biggest gripe with them though is their product review screening. When you write a review of a product you've purchased and post it, it goes to a "pending approval" status. They end up only posting my positive reviews and they have never posted any of my negative reviews. My negative reviews just disappear. That's messed up!

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I too have had issues with quadratec but I continue to order from them because they often have the best price and free shipping. If an order does have a problem I just expect long wait times to have it resolved. That way I don't get upset if I expect it. Last issue I had with an order it took them over 2 weeks to reply to an email. But they always end up resolving the issue, it's just a long process of hurry up and wait emails.

My biggest gripe with them though is their product review screening. When you write a review of a product you've purchased and post it, it goes to a "pending approval" status. They end up only posting my positive reviews and they have never posted any of my negative reviews. My negative reviews just disappear. That's messed up!
Yea, sounds a bit shady.

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Guess I’ll add to the pile on.

I won’t use quadratec until they stop using FedEx. FedEx may be fine in most places but not for my area. Quadratec said they use FedEx exclusively and no other options. Last two items (one from quadratec) I ordered that shipped FedEx I had to fight and argue with FedEx to get it delivered. And I live near Memphis, TN which is the FedEx world hub and headquarters. Their north Mississippi warehouse is horrible and everyone I know that is serviced by that warehouse has issues. I know that’s not directly the fault of quadratec but they use FedEx so I can not use them.

I also won’t buy direct from manufacturers like LOD for the same reasons. And I really want the LOD rock rails.

**edit**

I have zero issues with UPS, Amazon, or even the post office.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Agreed. If I find a Jeep part that I like, I'll come here and search for photos and owner reviews. Only after I've vetted the part through guys like us will I then consider clicking "Buy Now".

The same is true where motorcycle accessories are concerned. My favorite source for Ural parts (decent prices, fast shipping) is notorious for posting only glowing product reviews.

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I’ll add to the pile on.

I won’t use quadratec until they stop using FedEx. FedEx may be fine in most places but not for my area. Quadratec said they use FedEx exclusively and no other options. Last two items (one from quadratec) I ordered that shipped FedEx I had to fight and argue with FedEx to get it delivered. And I live near Memphis, TN which is the FedEx world hub and headquarters. Their north Mississippi warehouse is horrible and everyone I know that is serviced by that warehouse has issues. I know that’s not directly the fault of quadratec but they use FedEx so I can not use them.

I also won’t buy direct from manufacturers like LOD for the same reasons. And I really want the LOD rock rails.

**edit**

I have zero issues with UPS, Amazon, or even the post office.
Yea, FedEx fails often where I'm at. Deliveries to the wrong location. Deliveries that don't show up.

https://donmontalvo.com/2020/04/29/getting-my-jeep-lifted-finally/

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yea, FedEx fails often where I'm at. Deliveries to the wrong location. Deliveries that don't show up.

https://donmontalvo.com/2020/04/29/getting-my-jeep-lifted-finally/
Our FedEx is typically ok as far as getting the part to our house and on the day it's scheduled to be delivered. We have to be sure to be home that day or have a friend come by as soon as we know it's been delivered though (keeping an eye on our video doorbell). The FedEx guys leave huge boxes out in the open for everyone to see. UPS, Post Office, and the occasional DHL all take the extra 2 seconds to put the pkg behind the wall on our porch. So if I have a delivery choice FedEx is my last pick.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Our Ring doorbell camera has captured a few delivery drivers behaving badly. It's rare, actually, but the offending behavior sticks in one's memory.

UPS takes the prize here: Last year, a driver dropped two new motorcycle tires on my front porch. He then used them as a field-expedient hoop into which two small accompanying boxes were dropped from near shoulder height. Yep.

There wasn't any damage, thankfully. Had that occurred, I'd have had an absolute field day with their Claims Dept. A 1080p video link was already archived and ready to go.

I refuse to believe that the drivers don't notice the ever-increasing presence of doorbell cameras. Perhaps they know they don't need to care? Whatever.

------------

I was prepared to order a full set (4) of tube doors from Quadratec, but for discovering this thread on the Trending Forum Threads list...and observing its continued presence there, a clear indication of its popularity.

And so my C-notes went elsewhere, and will continue to do so until the company finds its footing again (and I sincerely hope they do).

Coincidentally, the doors arrived today. The driver's careful use of a hand truck earns him a Pass this time around.

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Customer Service Nightmare Screenshot_20220505-183628

vh_chick

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I got my Quadratec order! New bumper being installed tomorrow!

vh_chick

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I got my Quadratec order! New bumper being installed tomorrow!
Now I have a NEW problem! My mechanic says at least 3 if not 5 of the 8 bolts were stripped! The bumper itself is solid and well-made, but the bolts are crap. He said he wouldn't use the winch with bolts like this. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF GETTING THE NEW BUMPER!!!

Should I contact Fab Fours or Quadratec? Or both???
Sponsored