Sponsored

$20K markup!!!?

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Jeep Wrangler JL $20K markup!!!? 1651285404651

Parks Motors in Augusta Kansas. Loaded Sahara. How do they get away with this ?
They probably add "dealer installed options". It is a typical gimmick, put on a lift, cheap wheels and tires. $$$$PROFIT$$$$$$

Sponsored

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat
And sadly, too many idiots with too much money... and they agree to it enough for this to be a normal thing.

It's a Wrangler. It's not life saving medication. No one needs it this badly.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
They probably add "dealer installed options". It is a typical gimmick, put on a lift, cheap wheels and tires. $$$$PROFIT$$$$$$
The local dealer does that all the time, spacer lift, cheap tires and wheels on Sports, puts them on prominent display and jacks the price up. They wanted $20K over for a 392– bought in the next town 30mi. away for MSRP.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Jeep Wrangler JL $20K markup!!!? 1651285404651

Parks Motors in Augusta Kansas. Loaded Sahara. How do they get away with this ?
Just walk away, why waste your time looking. See it all the time here, its BS. They only do this because sales are not good.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
No one needs a Wrangler bad enough to pay $20k extra over MSRP.
You might not think so. However, when I went to order my Wrangler last October there was a decked out Rubicon in the lobby with a sticker price of about 87K. Then there was another line that said "market adjustment" and it was for an additional 25K. Ridiculous, right? It sold less than two weeks after I ordered mine.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
And sadly, too many idiots with too much money... and they agree to it enough for this to be a normal thing.

It's a Wrangler. It's not life saving medication. No one needs it this badly.
This is absolutely true. However, another thing that is true in these days of widening gaps in wealth distribution there are some people for whom this isn't even worth thinking about. Just get it because they want it.

Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
This is absolutely true. However, another thing that is true in these days of widening gaps in wealth distribution there are some people for whom this isn't even worth thinking about. Just get it because they want it.
Here is California, the saying goes, "I want it, I got it" like the catchy song they play on the radio. Same goes for houses, fast cars, etc.

SmokinV10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, Tesla Plaid, McLaren 720s, R8, Ram 1500
It has NOTHING to do with wealth distribution. Most of the high net worth guys I know won’t pay over MSRP. Its supply and demand. There are less available vehicles than buyers. There is also widespread inflation due to a lot a litany of reasons - most of which come from gov social programs designed to redistribute wealth and “address” the so-called “wealth distribution/“inequality””. If dealers are over allowing for used cars they’ll find the margin they need via ADM. The pricing elasticity we are seeing will come gm an end as wage inflation is assuaging and consumerism will slow as the impending recession sets in.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
It has a lift, larger tires, different wheels, WARN winch, different front bumper and looks like a rock rail.

Pretty basic Sahara though with no leather. Only options are automatic, cold weather group, tow package, limited slip, body color hard top and gorilla glass.

Bet they sell it quickly though. The have a modified Sport S too for over $70,000.

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
I went to the dealer today to pickup my Jeep from service, and was shocked that there was such lack of inventory. Maybe one Gladiator on the lot, not one Wrangler. They had other Jeeps, but these are scarce.

With a 20k mark up…a fool and his/her money are soon parted.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
20k over MSRP, and it’s not even a 392…

Whaaaaaaaat?! 😳
Jeep Wrangler JL $20K markup!!!? DE8F3D09-305F-4F91-B593-933FB6EB1B31
Sponsored

Last edited: