Had Plenty of Time to Think...

Axelbndr

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2door, 6Mt, PBJ, Blk. Top, Bl
Well it is regularly ranked the most unreliable vehicle on the market and is probably about $20K overpriced. You definitely saved yourself.
I agree with all y'all and have decided I’m gonna sell my hydro blue JLR shortly after I receive it (ordered 10 weeks ago today). After hopefully running around in it all summer long I probably can’t expect much more than 5k over the factory purchase price..
I’m gonna order a vehicle with the #1 resale price in the country..
That would be a brand new Jeep Wrangler JLR.. available in Purple Reign 3rd quarter 2022🎉
Sponsored

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
Don't let the door...

Maybe try a Ford Bronco?
As someone that has had a Bronco on order for almost a year and a half and still no idea when it's gonna be built.....😆😆😆

But to the OP, welcome to the aftermath of the pandemic. I work in manufacturing, the automotive aftermarket at that, and this is and has been a perfect storm of a lot of factors that have wrecked the supply chain. I've not seen anything like it in the almost 25 years I've been in manufacturing. For us, things have improved in the last few months but a lot of areas are still struggling. It is supposed to get better over the next year or so. However, delays are and will still be the norm for a long while.

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Sorry you had a rough experience, a few minutes of googling was enough to tell me not to factory order from anyone during this pandemic. My dealer warned me of it right away; even told me there’s certain options that we wanted that they can’t even order for me anyways.

Found one that checked the boxes on a dealer lot 20 minutes away.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I would like to thank Stellantis/Jeep for stopping me from making an expensive mistake. I attempted to pay nearly $45,000 for a potentially unreliable vehicle, with a service network with a horrible reputation, that I don't really need.

I ordered over 5 months ago and there is still no indication when/if it will ever get built. Had the vehicle been built in a timely manner, and had I had the opportunity to accept delivery sometime before May or June, I would have eagerly taken a few days off to complete the purchase and drive it home. I was kind of looking forward to the whole process.

But 5+ months of seeing orders built totally out of order, or built and left to sit in a parking lot for weeks or months, combined with Jeep's lack of honest communication with so many others here, has forced me to take a long time to reconsider this purchase.

I will not be buying a Wrangler. I will keep my current vehicle and save the $45k, registration fees, and insurance premiums. I will also not buy from Stellantis/Jeep in the future, as I now see how they operate. Thank you, Stellantis, for this lesson.
at what point did you even ask to “speak to the manager”?

Sponsored

kj11

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport Altitude
I think the biggest launch failure is the PlayStation 5… Far simpler then a car and years later, still can’t get one. I think Ford did a bad job, then I look at Sony and think, maybe they didn’t do all that bad.
I don't know, I got my PS5 from Best Buy on 11/27/20. Still waiting for my Wrangler...

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I don't know, I got my PS5 from Best Buy on 11/27/20. Still waiting for my Wrangler...
I tried multiple times all over the country, mostly Target and Best Buy with no luck. Ended up buying a Alienware laptop that I am pretty happy with.

Sponsored

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
There's 10,040 new Wranglers on AutoTrader right now, if you actually wanted one I'm sure you could find something equipped the way you like.

ETA: First page for me had a Rubicon XR for $6,600 off MSRP.

Super

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK, 2022 JL
Vehicle Showcase
So you canceled your order but aren't getting a new car? Why don't you just wait? I waited over 6 months. You could have contacted Jeep and gotten prioritized.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Ok the first question is "when" ?

When the Fuck did we ask?

I waited 6 months for a TRX.. I waited 6 months for a lemon law case for Jeep.. I ordered a 392 XR that I am waiting for... but you know what.. I am not currently getting fucking bombed.. do not have a terminal illness.. and I am still sober.. so guess what none of these vehicle issues fucking matter..

Every vehicle is going to have reliability issues for the next few years.. Manufacturers are scrambling to get anything they can to the dealership.. Which in turn is keeping (some) people working.. there is a cause and effect for everything.. and snowflake you do not matter ..

Fact of the matter is.. be thankful you are breathing.. if you want to spend your money somewhere else .. hey great.. but the rest of us don't give a fuck.

I actually wasted too much breath on this post.. but I was bored ..

Oh and by the way I bought TWO 100k BMWs one in 2020 and one in 2021 that both had massive safety issues.. guess it's only stellantis huh
Lmao. I feel like you're really holding back.

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Buying a vehicle. Any. During this period of time is a horrible decision to carry. The only people buying right now should be those who do not have a vehicle and need one. In all honesty stay away from car purchasing for about a year or so if you can. I shouldn’t have to say this…but your getting raped buying a vehicle right now.
Sponsored