Had Plenty of Time to Think...

14jjr1

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
I would like to thank Stellantis/Jeep for stopping me from making an expensive mistake. I attempted to pay nearly $45,000 for a potentially unreliable vehicle, with a service network with a horrible reputation, that I don't really need.

I ordered over 5 months ago and there is still no indication when/if it will ever get built. Had the vehicle been built in a timely manner, and had I had the opportunity to accept delivery sometime before May or June, I would have eagerly taken a few days off to complete the purchase and drive it home. I was kind of looking forward to the whole process.

But 5+ months of seeing orders built totally out of order, or built and left to sit in a parking lot for weeks or months, combined with Jeep's lack of honest communication with so many others here, has forced me to take a long time to reconsider this purchase.

I will not be buying a Wrangler. I will keep my current vehicle and save the $45k, registration fees, and insurance premiums. I will also not buy from Stellantis/Jeep in the future, as I now see how they operate. Thank you, Stellantis, for this lesson.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
We would like to thank you for stopping by. :beer:

Coach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram Bighorn
Try ordering a honda civic. They don't take orders and you have to just hope your dealer gets one you like.

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
LOL! I'm special, I want it now. :-(

OP, we obviously live an a unique time which is unlike any I've ever lived through. Take heart though, when I bought my Jeep in March 2021 I got it right off of the dealer's lot with 15 miles on it (no special order). I love mine. Good luck sourcing a new Bronco or similar vehicle in short order.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
heh, beat me to it (Ford...which I can thank them for convincing me to buy a Jeep).

A few points to ponder, Lexi:

I think Jeep has done a very good job during these times as well as the dealers who sell on this forum.

My experience with local dealers around the country has been abysmal.

FCA prioritized customers before dealers; Ford did the opposite.

Vehicle assembly is not done in order; it's a complex dynamic schedule with hundreds of variables to sustain high output.

My Jeep took 6 months from ordering to my garage and was worth every minute and every penny.

If your dealer hasn't been transparent and helpful, ditch the dealer, not the purchase.

Sponsored

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSX, RDX, 97 Miata, 22 JLUS
I would like to thank Stellantis/Jeep for stopping me from making an expensive mistake. I attempted to pay nearly $45,000 for a potentially unreliable vehicle, with a service network with a horrible reputation, that I don't really need.

I ordered over 5 months ago and there is still no indication when/if it will ever get built. Had the vehicle been built in a timely manner, and had I had the opportunity to accept delivery sometime before May or June, I would have eagerly taken a few days off to complete the purchase and drive it home. I was kind of looking forward to the whole process.

But 5+ months of seeing orders built totally out of order, or built and left to sit in a parking lot for weeks or months, combined with Jeep's lack of honest communication with so many others here, has forced me to take a long time to reconsider this purchase.

I will not be buying a Wrangler. I will keep my current vehicle and save the $45k, registration fees, and insurance premiums. I will also not buy from Stellantis/Jeep in the future, as I now see how they operate. Thank you, Stellantis, for this lesson.
Well it is regularly ranked the most unreliable vehicle on the market and is probably about $20K overpriced. You definitely saved yourself.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
Well it is regularly ranked the most unreliable vehicle on the market and is probably about $20K overpriced. You definitely saved yourself.
I'm not one to put faith in reliability claims done by an advertising agency.

...or one that ranks Kia and Hyundai at the top.