First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL/2021 Jeep JT
Do you mind a few product tech questions out here in the forum? (If not, we can go to PMs.)

No problem, please see below.

AUTO-LEVELING:
Does auto-leveling require level ground, or does it automatically compensate for terrain?
It does not require level ground, it will compensate for the terrain and level the vehicle
It leveling based upon ride height, or does it use a different mechanism like load leveling? Or both?
Leveling is based on the ride height sensors that are on each corner and will level the vehicle
Is auto-leveling constantly active throughout the drive, or only while it is being adjusted?
Auto-leveling its constant, you do have the ability to turn off ride monitoring and make it a "manual" system

ADJUSTING RIDE SOFTNESS vs ADJUSTING RIDE HEIGHT:
Are both factors adjustable? At the same time?
Only ride height is adjustable, the air bags get more rigid the higher the lift, optimal ride height for quality is a 2.5 - 3.5 inch kit
Is there any dependency between these two factors?
Or does ride softness not play into this at all?

ADJUSTMENT SPEED:
Are adjustments always made at the quickest possible speed?
Yes, adjustment are made at the quickest speed with the on-board tanks full
Do the solenoids allow for variable airflow (even if the controls do not provide access)?
The valves are internal to the tank and do have adjustment via flow controls

APP VS WIRED CONTROLLER:
Features aside, any major differences in the way the system responds between the two?
They respond the same, the app features real time ride height display as well as various setting features

Thanks!
Sponsored

mikeq

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
I was thinking this would be nice for overlanding and leveling the roof top tent. However, after seeing the size of the air bottles and the amount of real estate they consume, it's a hard pass. Just too much space taken up.

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking this would be nice for overlanding and leveling the roof top tent. However, after seeing the size of the air bottles and the amount of real estate they consume, it's a hard pass. Just too much space taken up.
The air tanks can be mounted anywhere on the vehicle. We received feedback from dealers that they liked this location so we created brackets. We have customers install them under the vehicle as well as other locations.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
An interesting idea for your consideration. I work on heavy Army trucks. Some of which use air bag suspension. Currently you have each airbag isolated, which is great. But it would be an interesting idea to include a valve between left and right bags so that as you go over an obstacle, and air is compressed on one side, it flows to the other side that is being extended. This is something that you wouldn't want active all the time. But it would possibly increase the ease of articulation.

mikeq

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
The air tanks can be mounted anywhere on the vehicle. We received feedback from dealers that they liked this location so we created brackets. We have customers install them under the vehicle as well as other locations.
Is there any chance that a single tank can be used? Are the tanks just for quick inflation? Could less tank be chosen understanding slower inflation?

Sponsored

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
Is there any chance that a single tank can be used? Are the tanks just for quick inflation? Could less tank be chosen understanding slower inflation?

Yes, a single tank can definitely be used. The compressors would just cycle more often with smaller air capacity. These tanks are our internal valve tanks which we offer in a 3 and 5 gallon capacity. The pictures that are shown are dual 3 gallon tanks

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
It would be cool to see how well this whole kit could be hidden inside or outside a Wrangler with tight constraints like the 4xE, 392, or diesel.

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
An interesting idea for your consideration. I work on heavy Army trucks. Some of which use air bag suspension. Currently you have each airbag isolated, which is great. But it would be an interesting idea to include a valve between left and right bags so that as you go over an obstacle, and air is compressed on one side, it flows to the other side that is being extended. This is something that you wouldn't want active all the time. But it would possibly increase the ease of articulation.
Appreciate the comment and idea, I will definitely pass that along to our engineering team!

Sponsored

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
What sort of spring rates do these have at typical ride height?
Our spring rates are similar to stock. We don’t need overly stiff springs to achieve height since we can simply add more air to get height which allows us to keep comfortable ride performance.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Complimentary to that, I wouldn't mind seeing a very active left/right transfer automatically happening as you proceed through a fairly tight on-road turn. My go-to reference for this is the "Kinematic Posture Control" system that's available on the lastest Miata. Their system is different, of course, in that their ECU applies individual braking force on a per-wheel basis to transfer the load (and keep an even weight distribution) rather than a pneumatic control such as this.

The point being: there may be interesting things to be done here on short AND long timescales! Automatic AND manually engaged, too!

AccuAir is shaping up to be one of my favorite mods on the market right now, if only for it's staggering potential. Given the right smarts, this system may well be capable of many clever new things we haven't seen before!

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
Complimentary to that, I wouldn't mind seeing a very active left/right transfer automatically happening as you proceed through a fairly tight on-road turn. My go-to reference for this is the "Kinematic Posture Control" system that's available on the lastest Miata. Their system is different, of course, in that their ECU applies individual braking force on a per-wheel basis to transfer the load (and keep an even weight distribution) rather than a pneumatic control such as this.

The point being: there may be interesting things to be done here on short AND long timescales! Automatic AND manually engaged, too!

AccuAir is shaping up to be one of my favorite mods on the market right now, if only for it's staggering potential. Given the right smarts, this system may well be capable of many clever new things we haven't seen before!
Awesome note, thanks for sharing!

jalms21

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Chris, few questions.
  • Do you have any articulation videos/data
  • How can I buy a kit today
  • How can I get the kit with just the 5 gallon tank (I have a 2 door)
I have ran accuair on a lot of 60's Cadillacs in the past and know your value to the community. TIA

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
Chris, few questions.
  • Do you have any articulation videos/data
  • How can I buy a kit today
  • How can I get the kit with just the 5 gallon tank (I have a 2 door)
I have ran accuair on a lot of 60's Cadillacs in the past and know your value to the community. TIA
Thank you for reaching out! We will be shooting some new videos next month that will show more angles with articulation. We are currently sold out of kit but should have them back on the shelf within the next 4-5 weeks. We have not tested a kit yet on the 2 door model but plan to do that very soon.
Sponsored