First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’m considering one of their winches. Chris Shontz of Venture4wd seems to infrequently use his since he purchased it, which is a plus if it’s deployable when you rarely need it.

Other than a YouTuber, does anyone have first hand knowledge of them?
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I've read some such.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Doesn't he also have to hit it with a hammer to start it moving?
I don’t recall that. Maybe. Like I said, I don’t think he respooled every few months either.

My new Warn Platinum’s brake failed after two spoolings under light tension. We had a fellow Jeep flip and it was of no use. It would not unspool more than 10ft and your hand can keep it from spooling. It barely pulls the weight of the rope.

I looked at reviews as best as I could find since posting this and getting no response. I decided to try it. I’m waiting for VKS to make my bumper, which I’m now going top mount after the experience of my last outing on the DBBB hard sections.

Sponsored

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl

At 27 min he talks about the motor seizing. But to the winches credit he worked it really hard and it saved his butt. He also expressed, like you echoed, it seizes when he doesn't use it or respool it for awhile. When it gets regular exercise, it doesn't seem to seize. I hope you have good luck with yours.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

At 27 min he talks about the motor seizing. But to the winches credit he worked it really hard and it saved his butt. He also expressed, like you echoed, it seizes when he doesn't use it or respool it for awhile. When it gets regular exercise, it doesn't seem to seize. I hope you have good luck with yours.
I hope so too. Going top of the line with the Warn didn’t help my luck. The repair facilities aren’t close either. Nevada or PA are the closest to me in Kentucky. I’m concerned that if I repair it, I might have the same issue. I also have the wireless Bluetooth remote that I found out too late that the rechargeable battery discharges quickly in the glove box. You can wire it up with the usb charging cable as backup but it sounds like the wireless kit for a regular winch is better. You have the manual clutch release as backup with other winches.

Comeup seems responsive to owners that have had some issues and they’re popular abroad. I hope it does well and it works when I need it. I keep a rubber mallet handy anyway. lol Seriously, I bet that issue Chris had was not respooling and using regular grease. Personally, I like Green Grease. It’s synthetic and waterproof. I’ve used it for at least 20 years on suspension and U joints. You would have to disassemble it to do that of course and I wouldn’t do it until I saw symptoms.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Some such?
It was just my way of bumping a thread that I thought deserved more attention; trying to net you more views and possible responses by getting it back on the front page, without blatantly doing so.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I have a comeup winch on my Jeep and it worked the two times I used it. I have a few friends with Toyotas that all use them. Solid winch. Good quality. Just as good or better than Warn. Made in Taiwan I believe.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I have a comeup winch on my Jeep and it worked the two times I used it. I have a few friends with Toyotas that all use them. Solid winch. Good quality. Just as good or better than Warn. Made in Taiwan I believe.
Thanks for the feedback and I noticed a few came up on Toyotas when researching. I found the Made in Taiwan info too and figured those guys could use some money to buy things to shoot at China down the road. lol
Sponsored